Poll: What would you do if Blizzard launced another MMO

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WoW vs. Blizzards second MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shanai
    Wrong.. Project Hydra is just Diablo III, so we don't know even the codename.. But the rest is true, it should be set in post-apocalyptic world.
    Did they ever announce that Diablo 3 was Project Hydra. Seems kinda retarded to be secretive about a title everyone knew was coming. Everyone and their mother knows Bobby Kotick is going to milk this franchise for as much as he can.

Where is the "I don't know option"?

I have no idea whether i'm going to play wow or their other mmo. I love and have always loved the warcraft universe, and have put so much time into wow and other warcraft games, also have found myself reading wowwiki in the middle of the night.
    Since they have said it's going to be a whole new universe with whole new lore, i will have to read some of that lore before considering buying the game.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    Did they ever announce that Diablo 3 was Project Hydra. Seems kinda retarded to be secretive about a title everyone knew was coming. Everyone and their mother knows Bobby Kotick is going to milk this franchise for as much as he can.
    http://www.wow.com/2008/06/30/screen...ablo-is-hydra/
    It is said, there's no sin in killing a beast. Only in killing a man. But where does one begin, and the other end?

The new one will probably not replace WoW, as it would be a *rather* stupid move financially
    WoW already has a good name among mmo-players and it is one of the most finetuned games in the mmo-genre
    making a new one of at least equal standards would be near impossible so WoW will remain the best there is for some time still

In time it will replace WoW, as in most of their attention would be turned to it
    and they would moretheless leave WoW to die when their new mmo has surpassed it

so i expect WoW to remain for a pretty long time, at least until their new mmo has surpassed it in quantity and quality
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

10+ Year Old Account

People who are saying "going to start playing the new RPG"

How would you feel if your a fantasy guy, and it's a space game. Or if it's a western. Or if it's just bad like countless other MMO's?

Remember, WoW had a significant backstory, history and loyal gamerbase. A game like Aion didn't get over even though it's very similar.

The best MMO's usually are based on current IP's. Noone knows anything about this, so I wouldn't quit WoW for it just yet.

Play them both for a while till i can decide which one i like better. Then drop one or the other. You know that blizzard will want monthly fee for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDes
    WOW
    WOW THE BURNING CRUSADE
    WOW WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    WOW CATACLYSM
    WOW THE MUSICAL
    WOW EVERY BOSS IS KAEL'THAS
    'The' WoW
    WOW SARGERAS DIES AT THE END
    You ruined it the harry potter days are coming back

But on topic. ill probably try the new game and not leave WoW unless it pisses me off

I ... wat ?

I have no idea what this 'next MMO by Blizz' is but I'll be trying out Secret World and that MMO 'under some name' thats actually Fallout online. Diablo nor starsomething interest me.

Deleted

So you can't even name a possible name of the second MMO or how the gamestyle will be based BUT you still wanna compare por even bring it up?

I'm lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgromir
    jeez how can you even make a topic like this when you know NOTHING about the 2nd mmo......
    Maybe ignorant people like you know nothing, but...

Facts:

The new MMO is a completely new IP. This means it will not be based on Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Lost Vikings, Blackthorn or Rock'n'Roll Racing.

It has also been "leaked" that this new MMO will be an MMOFPS (think Huxley, or Planetside if you remember that far back).

Assumption:

As World of Warcraft is a "High Fantasy" MMO, there would be little point in the new MMOFPS being "High Fantasy". Plus, there are rumours of Elder Scrolls: Online being developed... so Blizzard would be foolish to compete in that part of the market.

This means that there are two possible avenues for the new MMO to take, which is Cyber Punk (ala Deux Ex) or Space Age (ala Starcraft, Planetside etc).

As Blizzard currently already have a Space Age IP, Starcraft, i believe it is highly likely to be a Cyber Punk style MMOFPS with professions and/or classes in the realms of Hacking, Smuggling and Bounty Hunters.

stupid question

A MMOFPSRPG (think Mass Effect), but based on starcraft lore would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    A MMOFPSRPG (think Mass Effect), but based on starcraft lore would rock.
    It has already been confirmed that it will be a brand new IP.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDes
    WOW
    WOW THE BURNING CRUSADE
    WOW WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    WOW CATACLYSM
    WOW THE MUSICAL
    WOW EVERY BOSS IS KAEL'THAS
    'The' WoW
    WOW SARGERAS DIES AT THE END
    You missed:

WoW: The Movie
    WoW: The Movie: The Game
    WoW2
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthwine
    Well, I've been reading around some on the forum, and there is a lot of debate going on about Catalysm being the last expantion or not.

I was kinda hoping this poll would put some perspectiv on Blizzard making a replacement or not.
    Sorry, but everybody who thinks Cataclysm is last expansion or the "next generation MMO" will kill WoW are morons.

WoW is the closest thing to a license to print money any entertainment company has got in past 20 years, and Blizzard will not even consider stopping expansion making before subscriptions in US/EU areas drop below 1M. Just think of how much free money Blizzard made from TRH and the other vanity fluff.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

All i know is i hope it doesnt replace WoW.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Everquest has been going for 10+ years and in my opinion it is, and always has been, fucking terrible. I don't see WoW ending anytime soon. I can't figure out why people that play WoW are so desperate for it to end.

No way to tell until it's released. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

it really depends how the new MMO plays. If I like it better than WoW, then I'm migrating, otherwise i'm staying.

if it's a WoW 2 (that probably won't happen) i'm ditching wow 1 for wow 2
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.