Profession Level Requirement

Hey all,

I apologize if this is posted already elsewhere (I'm half-asleep atm). What character level will be required for max profession skills in Cataclysm? Basically, is there a formula to determine the level requirement?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Profession Level Requirement

The way it works from Expert to Grand Master is to add 15 levels between levels for the required level, for both gathering and non-gathering. However, we've also been gaining 10 levels between expansions, which will not be the case in Cataclysm. However, skill level caps are still going up by 75 SO, it's likely that despite the lower character level gain, we'll still see the required skill levels to go up by 15.

That said, expect the required skill character level for non-gathering professions to be 80 (which makes sense since you need the expansion to get the mats in the new zones). For gathering professions, expect the new character level required to be 70.

Again, I don't have sources for this but, I'm just following the same pattern that has been used since Vanilla.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul