Warriors and blue posts

I haven`t seen so much attention for warriors or any other class except dks, but that was for like the first weeks of wrath, since i`m playing and that`s close to 3 years. Ever since Cataclysm was announced , there is no week for a blue poster to announce a warrior change, a warrior feedback , a warrior q&a, a warrior <insertanythingrelatedtowarriorshere>. This is not a qq, i`m just asking for an explanation from proper players. What was/is wrong with warriors that need so many changes? Aren`t they the best tanks since vanilla ? This question is dull, but i know good warrior tanks can beat the shit out of any pala/dk/druid spamming 3 buttons to keep aggro. Just because all the .... wait no, they all got almost the same shit now. But really now, what is such a burden to change the warrior aspect (booring talents as i've seen today) so that they post every god damn new week about them?

P.S. I love trolls. I pet them. Deep inside they are sad pandas that cry while they`re crying on topics that cry on about....mkay.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Re: Warriors and blue posts

Think about it this way, they intend to change the way Rage works from Vanilla, there have been changes announced since like TBC, and they could not do it, so in a sense warriors are not fixed from vanilla.
    Then, like rogues, we are one of the more popular classes of the game, they would not neglect us too much now would they? especially since we receive pretty big changes.
    And last but not least, since I'm trolling your troll topic, warriors are the superior class, rest of the hybrid classes are supposed to suck in the same roles as us, we are the coolest hybrids by far and we are the ones that can give pures a run for their money. ;D

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted

It's only because warriors are getting a overhaul tried once before, and failed, they're giving us extra attention.

Either that or they're plotting to remove us from existance.

Ohnoes.

15+ Year Old Account

GC: We're changing you to energy, like rogues, and it regens slower by default but faster if you spam steady shot.
    Hunters: K awesome, makes complete sense

GC: We're taking soulshards away and giving you 3 dps cooldowns per combat. We're considering a defensive cooldown. Should be fun!
    Warlocks: I hope they're better than simply "Soul fires r instant" because that's kinda lame, but ok.

GC: We're fixing runes so you have more gcds and not completely hosed for 15s+ if you screw up your rotation.
    DK's: We're a little pessimistic about this change, but we'll see how it feels i guess?

GC: We're changing rage to be per hit instead of how hard you hit, removing "on next swing" abilities and whirlwind as part of your rotation, and using your protection tree's mastery bonus as a playground to see how it feels in beta.
    Warriors: wat

I think the quantity, while meaningless when speaking about time spent designing and testing the class, is justifiable.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    GC: We're changing you to energy, like rogues, and it regens slower by default but faster if you spam steady shot.
    Hunters: K awesome, makes complete sense

GC: We're taking soulshards away and giving you 3 dps cooldowns per combat. We're considering a defensive cooldown. Should be fun!
    Warlocks: I hope they're better than simply "Soul fires r instant" because that's kinda lame, but ok.

GC: We're fixing runes so you have more gcds and not completely hosed for 15s+ if you screw up your rotation.
    DK's: We're a little pessimistic about this change, but we'll see how it feels i guess?

GC: We're changing rage to be per hit instead of how hard you hit, removing "on next swing" abilities and whirlwind as part of your rotation, and using your protection tree's mastery bonus as a playground to see how it feels in beta.
    Warriors: wat

I think the quantity, while meaningless when speaking about time spent designing and testing the class, is justifiable.
    this.

- a lot of complaining about warrior AoE threat leads to a blue post

- a lot of complaining how other tanks do more dmg then warriors leads to a blue post

- a lot of complaining about the complainage about AoE threat leads to a blue post (justified in my opinion)

- a lot of complaining about Fury being extremely boring, which blizzard tries to avoid and gives a heads up in a blue post about it.

- a lot of feedback on how warrior rage generation is extremely depended on the gear you have, for either role you play. So blizzard changes(fixes) it.

- a lot of complaining about how OP bladestorm is.

- a lot of complaining about how OP imp overpower is.

basically, there was a lot of complaining
    In the end, blizzard was overwhelmed by warrior problems, aswell as having a broken mechanic (wich is rage) with us for far to long with no change, tried once, failed - which results in a complete overhaul.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Well i`m looking at it like this. If they get so many changes, and they won`t test it on long term like they did in the beginning of wrath, one or two things can happen if not both at the same time. They will be like DK's in the early wrath, unstoppable, and i mean on both pvp and pve sides. And then they will pitched down step by step or all of a sudden which might cause a lot of qq-ness, with people taking an unbalanced overhaul deserved by default, which isn`t, or they will suck so much like warriors did in the early wrath, especially in pvp, but most likely that won`t happen with so many changes. So i really hope the devs won`t push it too much because of so much complaining, cause if you poor gas over fire, you get a bigger one if you catch my drift. Just saying ...

Oh and on the hybrid hick up some one brought. Every time i see pure vs hybrid discussion i never see a "hey you're a warrior, isn't it enough you`re cleaving and destroying charts?" End game vanilla, warriors were like ... actually i don`t remember them in vanilla that much. I was busy killing locks and hunters. In BC, fml, they were overrated. Now then when i look at ICC charts, and every 1st wws class, on 10 or 11 out of 12 bosses or whatever, warriors are there.

Ok i`ma stop crying now , going in the wrong direction of the post. But frankly, they are making way to many changes and i feel more tears will be spilled on the way warriors (will have) used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle

Oh and on the hybrid hick up some one brought. Every time i see pure vs hybrid discussion i never see a "hey you're a warrior, isn't it enough you`re cleaving and destroying charts?" End game vanilla, warriors were like ... actually i don`t remember them in vanilla that much. I was busy killing locks and hunters. In BC, fml, they were overrated. Now then when i look at ICC charts, and every 1st wws class, on 10 or 11 out of 12 bosses or whatever, warriors are there.
    Warriors are there where? If you are a rogue and can't beat warriors on the meters, you're pushing the wrong buttons, sorry to say it but I doubt even the people in the rogue forums have a different opinion. Sure we're cool on trash, and sure we can cleave the spikes on marrowgar and ghould on LK, but beyond that ...

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    Warriors are there where? If you are a rogue and can't beat warriors on the meters, you're pushing the wrong buttons, sorry to say it but I doubt even the people in the rogue forums have a different opinion. Sure we're cool on trash, and sure we can cleave the spikes on marrowgar and ghould on LK, but beyond that ...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...n_Citadel/dps/

How many rogues do you see there?

Got it? Good, now compare it to the ammount of fury warriors on that list.

At the moment, fury is a very potent endgame DPS spec, sadly not alot of people can perform at that level, no matter how often they say "Lol fury is faceroll".

Deleted

I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler doesn't have a hidden agenda when it comes to what threads he responds to.

If he sees a decently articulated issue being debated then he might chose to respond. Sometimes he may think he has nothing to reveal and moves on. If he sees his posts being quoted out of context or misinterpreted he generally tries to clarify the issue, but not always.

Well the debate is kinda over. I inquired why so many blue posts about the warriors in Cataclysm, and it has been replied that the lots of complains against being decent, if not good enough to end every expansion on the podium in both game aspects (pvp/pve), will change warriors even more.Blizzard seems to feed on warrior (rage) tears. They are on the spot light. Hope the curtains won`t fall on them though...

Cya

Thinking about it fury and arms never got much of a change to their class as many others have gotten, and its all been a numbers game for warriors.

Like some have stated before me stance issues and rage. Rogues energy is fine, imagine if for 10 secs straight in a fight ur energy regen was 1 per 5 sec while for the next 10 sec after it was 30 per sec, it would feel kind of awkward trying to use your resource efficient, and hard for blizzard to balance it. Same with stealth, imagine going from stealth or or opening out of it totally dropped your energy bar.

That is kind of the problem us warriors have, we have a good amount of abilities, some are just so inconvenient to make use of, not to mention that they already are situational. You change a stance and lose your rage and times when you just spike insanely or seem to not gain any rage to suffice.

Also imagine if poping evasion or cloak meant you lost your off hand weap for the duration, that is how warriors are with their only survival talents, then again minus enraged regen which required rage (not quite reliable as energy) and to have an enrage effect to consume in order to use, which nerfs our dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle
    Well i`m looking at it like this. If they get so many changes, and they won`t test it on long term like they did in the beginning of wrath, one or two things can happen if not both at the same time. They will be like DK's in the early wrath, unstoppable, and i mean on both pvp and pve sides. And then they will pitched down step by step or all of a sudden which might cause a lot of qq-ness, with people taking an unbalanced overhaul deserved by default, which isn`t, or they will suck so much like warriors did in the early wrath, especially in pvp, but most likely that won`t happen with so many changes. So i really hope the devs won`t push it too much because of so much complaining, cause if you poor gas over fire, you get a bigger one if you catch my drift. Just saying ...

Ok i`ma stop crying now , going in the wrong direction of the post. But frankly, they are making way to many changes and i feel more tears will be spilled on the way warriors (will have) used to be.
    What u say can be easily be said for warlocks, DKs again and hunters as well as warriors, warriors are getting a change to their resource so I don't see how changes to seemingly already messed up mechanics for warriors would be a greater change than hunters or warlocks and possibly DKs (again).

Its not like they are giving us a new resource or new abilities but balancing work to them if anything.

Hmm Wierd... I used to see those "Warrior Tank"- Blue post every second day for a period.. just like they had a period with Healing.. They seem to take some roles in periods? Or should i already start moving to the shop to buy some tin foil for my new hat?
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    "Boring" talents
    Every player is going to have a different definition of "boring or bland talents" so that's not going to be a great litmus test. We're probably keeping Improved Overpower. It's the kind of talent that makes Overpower more powerful for an Arms warrior or just makes the ability more powerful in general. Because the talent affects one ability it can have a greater magnitude which is more noticeable than say a 5% damage buff.

Cruelty is the kind of talent we'll replace (probably by making it affect only a handful of abilities) and tanking talents like Anticipation (if we can get away with it). (Source)

Vigilance
    The Taunt renew part of Vigilance is cool and being able to essentially Salv someone can be useful to. Actually gaining threat from using the ability makes it feel like Defiance 2.0 though. You feel like you have to use it all the time (not that that's a huge burden, but still) to achieve the threat levels that other tanks essentially get without the talent. (Source)
    Front page, seriously man.. Front page.. Just a couple of lines :\

They have talked some on the warrior overhaul but can't say much yet because it's still in development, such a drastic change is going to take time. When its sorted, it'll all be flooding the blue posts. This is nothing compared to what will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Blizzard likes to pick and choose their arguments, as you tend to see they reply to ranting, oblivious to game mechanics, balancing, social aspects or technological boundaries because those people are easy to prove wrong.

Most of what you see is blizzards response against those or for what warriors, in general want, most seems to be about warrior tanking, which the only problem I ever had with warrior tanking, is perhaps making thunderclap hit a lil harder(or shorter CD) and shockwave a little less and thunderclap a larger AoE, other than that warriors are absolutely fine as prot. Prot spec is great its the DPS warriors that seems to have nothing fun besides a resource that allows button bashing and making people get all exited by seeing reckless numbers flying everywhere and charging about. Don't get me wrong it is fun, but it also gets old, fast especially when other classes are beating u in dps (especially 2 of your alts).

Just because the DPS numbers work for warriors they kind of refuse to give us those 'fun' abilities, that rogues, mages, DKs and paladins have for utility and the like. Which is what we warriors want, is fun and consistency, some miss the dial and ask for OPness, and once again blizzard picks and chooses the easy arguments and puts the spotlight on those issues.