Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Does Emerald Vigor affect shields?

One thing I would like to point out, to keep in mind, Zeuq, is that the Glyph of Holy Light does "Double Dip". If Emerald Vigor applies the same aura increase that the Warsong does, then it would make sense for the shield glyph to do so as well...

But why would anyone care?

Even if it does affect shields, the only damage that's the problem is the DPS not controlling the fight properly (wrong target priorities), or the DoT from the Dream/Nightmare on heroic... And of course, things punching tanks face in (go go debuff stacking!). But really, going in there to buff your shields? You might as well stay out and not even waste your time.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    But really, going in there to buff your shields? You might as well stay out and not even waste your time.
    It's been pretty clear to me for a while now that the OP just really wants to go into portals as disc and spam some superfat shields. He will do whatever is needful to convince himself that this is viable & valuable, and he'll keep posting about it in order to gain validation. I'll be ignoring his topics from now on personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus & Tyran
    I've never done this fight as disc, so I could be wrong, but my reaction here was to say:

Why does it matter, apart from a really cool glyph that will give you a flash heal-quality heal every 15 secs? In valithria, the goal isn't to protect her from taking damage, but to heal her to full. The methods skada and and WoL use to track how much shields absorb would be unable to tell us anyway.

on Herioc she is taking dmg and the goal is to do both. heal and stop all dmg inc on her. so maybe shields would help on herioc.

What I think OP is looking for is a way to glyph as holy for maximum single-target HPS.

IMHO it's really not that big of a deal. If your guild has trouble doing the fight, than replacing your CoH glyph with the Shield one won't make it any easier and is a waste of time & gold (or mats, if you are a scribe).
    Thanks Drael

Marcus Human Warrior
    Tyran Human Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    One thing I would like to point out, to keep in mind, Zeuq, is that the Glyph of Holy Light does "Double Dip". If Emerald Vigor applies the same aura increase that the Warsong does, then it would make sense for the shield glyph to do so as well...

But why would anyone care?
    Fair enough, it may double dip, but like you say, it doesn't really matter because it's not worth testing out and it's only really meaningful as a theoretical exercise or, like in this case, potentially trying to make a build specifically for this fight, and you either think having a third instant is useful or it's not.

Even if it does affect shields, the only damage that's the problem is the DPS not controlling the fight properly (wrong target priorities), or the DoT from the Dream/Nightmare on heroic... And of course, things punching tanks face in (go go debuff stacking!). But really, going in there to buff your shields? You might as well stay out and not even waste your time.
    The way I've looked at this thread, in the context of the other one, is that the OP is trying to make a build specifically for this fight. The point of the glyph would potentially be another instant heal that could be cast while moving. The only really reason it's even in the discussion is because all the other potential glyphs suck in the context of maximizing portal throughput. You grab GS and Renew, but what else is a decent third glyph? PoH and CoH won't increase your single target throughput, FH is utterly pointless. So you can either grab the PWS glyph for a potential third instant to cast when moving, or you can aim for a utility glyph

Deleted

With my alt priest in 10-man I managed to solo heal her withing one minute of the enrage timer using this spec (this was back at the 15% buff btw).

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuhhVMhoZfEt000qV0hx

Just spam Greater heal to your hearts content and use Power Infusion + haste pt and any activation trinkets right on the pull and then as often as you can. I ended up at something like 22-23k HPS at the end of the fight.

Deleted

Wauw.. its funny how everyone misses my point except for one and thats Zeuq, but here we go.

@Gaymer77:
    The point of the other thread is that I am looking for (just like Zeuq said) and specilized specc for maxiumum hps for healing Dreamwalker and dreamwalker alone, which started as me aiming for disc because I am used to that specc, to the end of the topic it got switched to holy without any, but NOT ANY Tallents spend that would decrease my mana usage.
    And in this thread I am wondering if glyph of PWS is worth taking so i get another instant spell while running (again, just like Zeuq understands it)
    Also on a side note, that disc spec in that other thread is utter crap. Unbreakable Will, Silent Resolve, no imp Fort??, reflective shield, no rapture?!?!, no healing focus?!?!?!?!, and spell warding in any sort of pve build just because you want to "pass up all mana regen talents", seriously WTF are you on?
    Dude... really, if you have no freaking clue what i'm on about then shut the fuck up. About imp fort, i got that fixed, ppl make mistakes. About reflective shields, didnt rly had something else to put my points in to get to the next tier so that was my best choice and thats the same with ubreakable will. Sillent Resolve? why the fuck not? with big greater heal crits i could get agro from just spawned adds, this reduces that big chance. Healing focus could be considered and rapture... dude.. what does rapture do?? thats right, it GIVES MANA. Which I got loads if i go in the portal. Thats completely and uterly CRAP.
    And I'm not sure but i rly do feel like I'm repeating myself over and over and over. Why would i wanna take a normal disc/holy specc? theres not any reason to. Again, i am looking for a specied build for the portal job, all the mana regen, decreased mana cost, get mana back tallents r wasted.

And about ur oh so mature comment (heres a cookie)
    For one. Our first LK kill was with 1 tank, me and a holy paladin healing with the 10% buff. i'm not gonna say anything more about that.
    ppl choose for 3 things for gear:
    OR holy set
    OR shadow set
    OR offspec set

I chose for the shadow set: the 264 tier is better then the offspec piece. And i dont wanna trade haste/crit and a setbonus for loads of spirit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

@Azyoulike:
    Wrong, wrong and... hmm, WRONG.
    I want to go in the portals with the best specc specified for the portal job and not to have superfat shields but to have an extra increased heal while running. If you wanna ignore my topics then thats ur thing. But if you wanna judge one of them. then be sure you got it right. If not, keep it shut.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

@zeuq:
    Thank you for being the only one that understands what I am after.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    @Gaymer77:
    About reflective shields, didnt rly had something else to put my points in to get to the next tier so that was my best choice and thats the same with ubreakable will.
    So exactly how is a shield you cast on yourself that does dmg back at anyone attacking you benefit your PvE disc build or the build for this specific fight? If you have "nothing else to put your points in to the next tier" you might want to look around again. Even Martyrdom would be better than that because (as you pointed out down below how you are pulling threat from newly spawned adds & are getting hit and that's why you need Silent Resolve) it makes you so you virtually have no pushback when you are crit by melee or ranged attacks.

Sillent Resolve? why the fuck not? with big greater heal crits i could get agro from just spawned adds, this reduces that big chance.
    Ok so you are getting larger heals than those holy pallies who are doing 40k-60k holy lights with no talents that reduce their threat? Seriously you're doing more than them as disc? Now are your tanks that bad that they can't pick up new adds before stuff reaches you or is this just a poor excuse for getting a pvp talent instead of "mana regen" talents?

Healing focus could be considered and rapture... dude.. what does rapture do?? thats right, it GIVES MANA. Which I got loads if i go in the portal. Thats completely and uterly CRAP.
    Ok so I get it. You want to give up every single talent that reduces mana cost or gives mana back just because you feel you don't need any of them so you'll pick up every other talent that does something else instead even if it does absolutely nothing for you. Why not pick up Darkness or Spirit Tap/IST in the shadow tree too since a lot of the talents I pointed out that you have picked up provide you as a pve disc healer the same good as those shadow talents do?

And I'm not sure but i rly do feel like I'm repeating myself over and over and over. Why would i wanna take a normal disc/holy specc? theres not any reason to. Again, i am looking for a specied build for the portal job, all the mana regen, decreased mana cost, get mana back tallents r wasted.
    So you're repeating yourself just like every single poster in the two threads have been repeating that disc is a shit build for healing Dreamwalker & that you need to go holy if you want the best build to heal properly for it? Kinda ironic if you think about it.

For one. Our first LK kill was with 1 tank, me and a holy paladin healing with the 10% buff. i'm not gonna say anything more about that.
    I would love to see your WWS or WMO or pases to prove that because I highly doubt that one of the most healing intensive fights in the game was done by a holy pally & a disc priest for raid healing.

I chose for the shadow set: the 264 tier is better then the offspec piece. And i dont wanna trade haste/crit and a setbonus for loads of spirit.
    So let me see if I get this straight, you are giving up a 2p bonus that gives your "filler heal" a 1 in 3 chance of putting a mana free GCD free HOT on your target and you're giving up a 4p bonus that increases your PW:S (you know the thing that disc priests are known for & what you are specifically asking about in this very thread) by 5% to get 2p shadow which has crit and HASTE on it but no spirit because you prefer not to have anything with spirit on it at all? I mean if you really feel that way about spirit then why do you have the SP/spirit leg armor on instead of the SP/stam one? It would be the same logic behind using the stam one that you are giving for taking the shadow tier set & "anything without spirit on it" or better yet, why didn't you get the deathfrost boots made instead of the sandals of consecration? Deathfrost has 16 more crit and none of that silly spirit you so despise.

@Azyoulike:
    Wrong, wrong and... hmm, WRONG.
    I want to go in the portals with the best specc specified for the portal job and not to have superfat shields but to have an extra increased heal while running. If you wanna ignore my topics then thats ur thing. But if you wanna judge one of them. then be sure you got it right. If not, keep it shut.
    Ok so if you're wanting the best spec and best glyphs (and best gear) for the 1 encounter then why do you keep going back to disc builds for an increased PW:S and asking about the PW:S glyph when everyone has proved to you how crappy your idea is? A solid HOLY build that uses the PW:S glyph instead of COH or even the Renew glyph combined with Empowered Renew & Improved Renew in the holy tree would be better for that instant heal on the move. The more and more you talk is just feeding more and more into my view that you were indeed carried to your KS because you seem to know very little about healing priests or are just beyond bad at theorycrafting.

Deleted

pff, i cba with you anymore, I'm not gonna waste any more time at you. I know what I was after and I dont give a fuck what you think. To bad we dont record combat logs. Else i could prove you terribly wrong and you would (maybe) finally open your eyes.

And.... banned. -- <3 Kel