Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ghostwolf needs lots of fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    so i ran across this topic today and would like to know more opinions because mmo-champ has a larger world wide fan base.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...70779660&sid=1

i agree with the OP that ghostwolf needs a change and its mechanics are quite unfair for the cost of its talents.
    It might as well be instant. Although if we want Blizzard to do something about it we gotta all make a million threads on the official WoW suggestion forums and explain to them why this change is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby
    It might as well be instant. Although if we want Blizzard to do something about it we gotta all make a million threads on the official WoW suggestion forums and explain to them why this change is needed.
    I like the suggestion the the forums about making it instant and talenting for indoor use or allowing use indoors and talenting for instant cast. It just makes it useful enough to consider using for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    I like the suggestion the the forums about making it instant and talenting for indoor use or allowing use indoors and talenting for instant cast. It just makes it useful enough to consider using for PVE.
    why would you use it in pve save for RP reasons? all it will serve to do is lower your dps and or hps having to go into it all it does is make you run faster and make you not be able to drop below 100% which is still fast enough for someone to walk over and dog rape you while in GW. they need to make it baslin instant and make it break root snare(and druids dont have the doesnt reduce below 100% cause it would be pointless since they can change form and then back in to travel in less than 2 seconds and all effects are gone and mana isnt an issue since resto or boomkin have 54645634562045962-086294 mana anyway and feral has cost reductions),.

Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!!

there are fights where movement can become an issue. but with ghostwolf inhibiting you from casting/dropping totems/meleeing, and enhance getting a passive movement speed talent, i cant see ghostwolf having any use in pve and hardly any use in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki
    Minor Glyph of Ghostwolf much?

Pro for pvp...
    5% to all shaman trees would be a tad OP.

At Blizzcon last year, someone asked the question (paraphrase), "Why can't the Ghostwolf come up to normal mount speed after a short delay?" The developers (or whoever it was that was on the panel) really liked the idea of the delay, said as much and mentioned that the normal mount speed versus the delay in achieving it was something they never thought of.

Happy?

At Blizzcon last year, someone asked the question (paraphrase), "Why can't the Ghostwolf come up to normal mount speed after a short delay?" The developers (or whoever it was that was on the panel) really liked the idea of the delay, said as much and mentioned that the normal mount speed versus the delay in achieving it was something they never thought of.

Happy?
    what exactly would that mean, short delay? a few seconds? 5? 10?
    that being said if they were to implement that,

it would be inferiror to ground mounts because those have only 1.5 second cast time
    it would be pretty op in capture the flag bg´s, having a 200% speed flag carrier
    it would possibly to long ( the delay ) for a melee shaman to close the gap to his target

but i still like the idea of a 100% travelform in ghostwolf style ;D maybe a ghostwolf mount?
    Spectral tiger meets his canine rival.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    what exactly would that mean, short delay? a few seconds? 5? 10?
    They didn't speculate.

that being said if they were to implement that,

it would be inferiror to ground mounts because those have only 1.5 second cast time
    it would be pretty op in capture the flag bg´s, having a 200% speed flag carrier
    it would possibly to long ( the delay ) for a melee shaman to close the gap to his target
    Yes. It would be good and bad, depending on the circumstances. I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

but i still like the idea of a 100% travelform in ghostwolf style ;D maybe a ghostwolf mount?
    Spectral tiger meets his canine rival.
    Hence, the question at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by ixobelle
    ghostwolf is fine.
    ghostwolf hasn't been fine since they halfed the mount cast time

His first mistake was comparing it to a Druids cat form. I really hate when people pull that "well this move is kinda sorta like this move so it should be just as good" arguement. It's a different class, it's a different ability. If you find the cat abilities so welcoming then play a Druid. They have to make one a little different than the other so it all doesn't feel so monotonous.

Honestly, if you want to argue that then let's argue all moving increasing effects. I don't think hunters should ge dazed when using cheetah or pack. Is that fair?

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Yes. It would be good and bad, depending on the circumstances. I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.
    I forgive you . And as a proof i´ve made it my sig.

IMO

since mounts are a 1.5 cast speed

Make Ghost Wolf baseline instant

Make Improved Ghost Wolf talent provide the effect that does not reduce you past 100% run speed while snared.

This will in turn allow instant ghost wolf in pve, and those who pvp will still take the talent for its anti-snare.

Why is this such an issue?

Fixt

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    His first mistake was comparing it to a Druids cat form. I really hate when people pull that "well this move is kinda sorta like this move so it should be just as good" arguement. It's a different class, it's a different ability. If you find the cat abilities so welcoming then play a Druid. They have to make one a little different than the other so it all doesn't feel so monotonous.

Honestly, if you want to argue that then let's argue all moving increasing effects. I don't think hunters should ge dazed when using cheetah or pack. Is that fair?
    Your mistake was comparing a movie with character talents.
    Travelform >>>>>> Ghostwolf, fact.
    Movie1 vs Movie 2 => arguable

If you have the choice between a sling and a shotgun to kill a predator threatening to kill you, which would you rather have? it´s so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus
    5% to all shaman trees would be a tad OP.
    go with more like a locks fel armor maybe go with like 3% but still I mean if you got 25k hp then your regening like 1250 hp every 5 seconds (math failure sorry if I was off) if you go with 5% so thats kinda broke but 1% is truely pointless as on my shaman im regening like 125 hp every 5 of something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

I agree, fix it!
    Make it instant cast, usable indoors and able to use 'wolf' abilities.
    Sounds alot like a druid, doesn't it?
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

If you have the choice between a sling and a shotgun to kill a predator threatening to kill you, which would you rather have? it´s so obvious.
    well actually blizz has been doing this for awhile. by your reckoning then they should have never scaled a druids typhoon to match a SHAMANS thunderstorm...and thats jsut one example.

ehhh, its a pretty stupid talent, its good for leveling as an escape mech, and semi-useful in pvp, idk who cares? There are a lot of useless talents, w/e.

also yes its fair for hunter to get daze as he is able to use ALL his abilities while under his movement increase druids and shamans cannot or the revert to normal form your argument is folly sir in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn
    I agree, fix it!
    Make it instant cast, usable indoors and able to use 'wolf' abilities.
    Sounds alot like a druid, doesn't it?
    feral berserker ability -> sounds a lot like a bm hunter´s beast within, doesn´t it?
    balance typhoon/hurricane/cyclone -> sounds alot like elemental shaman magic, doesn´t it?
    feral maim -> sounds alot like a rogue´s cheap shot, doesn´t it?
    feral ounce -> sounds alot like a rogue´s shadow step, doesn´t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd911
    also yes its fair for hunter to get daze as he is able to use ALL his abilities while under his movement increase druids and shamans cannot or the revert to normal form your argument is folly sir in all aspects.
    Hunters dont even need aspect of the cheetah anymore. hunter bubble, disengage and all the other stuff make sure of that. And shamans depend 5 times more on ghostwolf than druids do on travelform. Feral has passive 30% speed increase in cat form and the other forms would sacrifice huge chunks of armor for it.
    Shaman is in the greatest need for escapeism/survivability/gapcloser/movement abilities, but stuck with the inferior crap.

Also you´re comparing a range dmg only class with a hybrid one, bad mistake. The reason the people here compare it with druids travelform is simple: they are in the easiest to compare situation as us.
    compare a feral with enhance, you have
    feralcat) passive 20% increased heal taken, passive 30% increased walking speed, passive 30% reduced fear duration and damage taken while stunned, sprint, pounce, stealth, stuns, bleeds against rogues, dependable burst, in pvp usable pve support, unaffected by silence or disarm effects and instant cyclones
    bear: high armor and hp as often and as long as you want, you only have to hit the button. you also get stuns and bleeds here, as well as a charge.
    and baseline immune to polymorph, able to switch out of snare/movement impairing as often as wanted

aaaaaaand with cata they´ll get an interupt for cat form ( no ripoff off other classes ofc )

Quote Originally Posted by Redd911
    well actually blizz has been doing this for awhile. by your reckoning then they should have never scaled a druids typhoon to match a SHAMANS thunderstorm...and thats jsut one example.
    What you are talking about here is the difference in strenght, like:
    How much damage does spell a, how much does spell b
    how high is duration of buff a, how high is duration of buff b

What im talking about is
    Class A has ability a but Class B doesn´t have it
    or
    Class A´s ability is virtually the same as Class B´s, but with the exception that Class B´s add´s 5 additional things.

Also it´s the other classes constantly ripping of from shamans, im amazed at how much hostility you meet as soon as you ask for the fixing of small, mostly uninteresting abilites.

Face it: As soon as you get something it´s good, wether you rip it off another class or not doesn´t matter, right?
    As soon as others want something you have for themselves to use as well, it´s automatically bad.

And your mistake was not reading correctly before commenting. Reread my post, I never mentioned anything about a movie. I don't even know what you're talking about. And I'm not saying I think getting dazed as a Hunter using cheetah isn't fair. It was an example saying if you really want to compare movement increasing effects and their downsides why not compare them all? Just because cat form and ghost wolf LOOK the same does not mean they need to function the same.

I could have just said L2read but I figured I'd spell it out for you since you couldn't comprehend my first post.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.