Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: ghostwolf needs lots of fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    And your mistake was not reading correctly before commenting. Reread my post, I never mentioned anything about a movie. I don't even know what you're talking about.
    My apologies. I accidently red "movie" instead of "move".

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    And I'm not saying I think getting dazed as a Hunter using cheetah isn't fair.
    It was an example saying if you really want to compare movement increasing effects and their downsides why not compare them all? Just because cat form and ghost wolf LOOK the same does not mean they need to function the same.
    You want a thourough comparison of the three? Ok, here goes:

Hunter get a little lower speed increase and getting dazed because they get no other disadvantages from using it. A hunter can use all his abilities while having the aspect active.

Shaman are not able to do anything while in gw except walking, and because of that, have higher speed increase and no daze malus.

Druids are not able to do anything while in travelform except walking, and because of that, have higher speed increase than aspect and no daze malus AND not dispellable AND breaking snare/root AND immune to polymorph

Sounds balanced?

Oh and to add to druids: Feral cat has the same movement speed increase as aspect of the cheetah, while not being dazed and having all those other passive bonuses and being able to use all of the abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I'm pretty sure that talent is here to stay, simply because of how long it has lasted. Then again normally I would be pretty certain that most thinking people would agree with me that GW needed changes when mount cast speed was changed from 3 seconds to 1.5, apparently not.
    Using the "it's lasted a long time" argument is flawed, as they're removing a lot of static "+ crit or dmg or whatever" talents that have been in the game since release (i.e. Cruelty for Warriors). Where I do agree that since the change of mount cast time, there is no point to really have it outside of a PvP build.

Again, my conclusion comes down to whether or not the talent is deemed "fun" or not. A talent like Lightning Overload is way cooler than something like making Ghost Wolf instant.

Hey, they made Corruption baseline instant for warlocks, they can do the same thing for us and Ghost Wolf.
    I will agree, though, that making it instant baseline then the reverse JoJ made into the talent would probably be the best solution.

honestly would think ghost wolf made more viable for pve and un talented would be a more fun ability as it is now its still quite dead unless you decided to pvp. im not really conserned with pvp my self because i feel as an ele shaman i have little to no survivabilty unless im resto. as the OP said on the wow forums the ability needs to be fixed and is quite broken.

no matter whan however theres always some kind of resistance agianst it. i just wanna know where the resistance is comming from i mean were you horribly beaten by a shaman in a duel and he ghost wolfed you alot?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Druid forms cost mana, in fact almost twice as much[GW's 6% base vs Travel/Aquatic Forms 13% base(untalented)]. All three forms are very situational but far from pointless in PvE.
    Sorry, but tell me any encounter where having travel form benefits a druid in any way? The only one I can recall benefiting me with ghost wolf was Supremus in BC. :/

Deleted

ghostwolf does not prevent sheeps because its a magical effect rather than a "stance" like the druids' forms.
    it can even be purched.

Sorry, but tell me any encounter where having travel form benefits a druid in any way? The only one I can recall benefiting me with ghost wolf was Supremus in BC. :/
    Travel form is helpfull for the (feral) tank if you ever need to reset saurfang. however it does not help killing the boss ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zelt
    Travel form is helpfull for the (feral) tank if you ever need to reset saurfang. however it does not help killing the boss ^^
    That's exactly my point, as he claimed it's far from useless when it's only on a rare occasion that you can even use it during an encounter, let alone useful at all.

uses i can picture a baseline, usable indoor gw having:

festergut: crossing the room to deliever a spore
    putricide: crossing the room to kill a goo
    rotface: running towards a big goo to deliever a small one
    sindragosa:running away from her and towards her when she casts that frost aoe, or to quickly cross the distance between/towards iceblocks
    lichking: running towards a valkyr after a defile, running across the platform after ghosts spawn, running out of the group should you get defile
    marrowgar:running towards him after a finished bonestorm
    lady: the way between her and adds
    gun ship: the way between mage and edge of the ship, the way between aoe pack and ship
    saurfang: as a caster you may be able to kite bloodbeasts a little better ( dunno about here )
    bloodprinces faster running between the princes, running away from valanar when he does empowered shock vortexes

and that´s just icecrown
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Ghostwolf definitely needs a buff; perhaps even brought on par to Travel Form. From what I can tell, the only advantage GW has over Travel right now is the glyph (which heals X% every Y). Not exactly something to write home about.

10+ Year Old Account

Ghost wolf seems alright in a sense of using it for pvp purposes only. And that raises the scenario that you need to escape quickly with the flag in a battleground or escape quickly to heal. But it's defined purposes for pve are second-to-none. As having an Enhancement shaman myself, I'd love to have at least a movespeed increase to allow for faster switching of targets inbetween fights. Spirit wolves Ghost walk doesn't cut it sometimes, and ghostwolf could allot for some change, could it not?
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    well of course dks and pallies have nothing to do with shamans, neither do priests that can shackle undead, of course they are diffrent, the entire game is not to homogenize everything, ghost wolf is a travel form in a sence, classes like the dk, that has to put 51 points into an ability can be CC'd, the pet, can be cc'd if you use the lichbourne ability to avoid a fear, i can be CC'd (even more)

the point im getting at, you have unique spells to your unique class, other classes, such as the dk, have it alot worse, just be happy
    i refuse to keep on reading.
    Ghost Wolf can be dispelled.
    while under Ghost wolf, u can't heal / damage / not even instant cast
    so under ghost wolf u can either run or try to, since any slows will get u down to normal move speed
    but still lots of classes got +15% move speed while shammyes do not, they still get owned.
    Shamans have the lowest surv. everyone who do at least BGs know that. hope Spirit Walker's Grace fix it.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Nilai
    Ghostwolf definitely needs a buff; perhaps even brought on par to Travel Form. From what I can tell, the only advantage GW has over Travel right now is the glyph (which heals X% every Y). Not exactly something to write home about.
    shifting forms FREE any kind of slow / rooting
    ghost wolf does not.

Trade u 1% hp glyph for dispelling slow / roots every time i shift ANY time.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

Deleted

GW is fine, just sucks that we can still be drained....but again its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    GW is fine, just sucks that we can still be drained....but again its fine.
    lol and on what basis do you come to that conclusion?

pretty much anyone can slow other nowadays, what´s the big use of a ability that makes you normal walking speed when slowed? you still wont be able to escape/give chase, and in gw you wont be able to do anything, even cast totems. in terms of cc you are even more vulnerable when compared to your humanoid form. and you can be dispelled on top of it.

I agree, the ''improved ghost wolf'' could at least be added some things like decreased chance to be dispelled along with the decreased casting time... In pvp tbh without engineering nitro boost you won't really escape anyone as ghost wolf. Anyone with a brain at least.

Ghostwolf hasn't been 'fine' in ages, I still think we should be able to use it indoors,

And for any druids who would think thats op, you can cat form and sprint indoors (in ANY spec) so keep quiet.

To fix ghost wolf my idea a long time ago was make it instant cast baseline and the talent is something like 'While you're in ghost wolf your chance to resist slows / roots / snares / dispels is increased by 25% / 50%. That way you can still be slowed but at least you have SOME chance of escaping.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

10+ Year Old Account

I only really use ghost wolf in PvP anyway, and in PvE I use it to get back to the wipe spot faster. Keep it the same, whats the harm in having a spell that changes you into a ghost wolf merely for travel and cosmetic purposes.

"And understand: class differences will not save you."
    H. Rap Brown

15+ Year Old Account

yeah, imp ghostwolf should give you more for your buck. dispel resistance won't be necessary since dispels are changing. i would say something like increase your healing received while in ghost wolf form by x/x%.

otherwise, do something with the model, it needs to be refreshed.

or maybe a glyph: reduces damage received while in ghost wolf form by %

The only problem I have with Ghost Wolf is that it can't be cast while silenced, and it can be dispelled. QQ.