Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Old gods, and the culmination of their designs in Cataclysm

Man, thats the most epic scenario arround the Old Gods I've ever read.

P.S:I'm smelling setbacks and more expansions(aka money)

Quote Originally Posted by Al'akir the windlord
    Bwahahahahah ... he got killed ... by 5 players wasn't it? yes, 5 players in MgT
    What are you trying to point out? I just said that the poster i quoted was wrong, kael setback was prepared in lore since 2.0. And even if your post is a bit offtopic to my post, why do people get so annoyed by the fact that our characters kill lore characters? Just check the curriculum of your character (in quests and instances completed) and you will see a hero with quite a lot of feats, just that since its a game, our character doesnt have a defined name in lore.
    Kael thas was almost killed by 25 great heroes, wich had fougth thousand of enemies (from beasts to demons, including Scourge liuteniants, Ragnaros the firelord, and even C´thun saved tons of people and have more adventure experience than for example... Arthas, Uther, Sylvanas or Thrall). After being almost killed by the 25 great heroes, hr survived and another smaller group killed the debilitated Kael thas in Magister Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Skohsl
    they could not even be bested by the titans

Incorrect, the Titans chose not to kill them because killing them meant their freshly shaped planet would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Al'akir the windlord
    Spoiler draws near
    must...look away...but .....CAN'T!
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202
    I find it funny how people think that Kael´thas setback was that bad or that blizzard didnt have it prepared since 2.0. Yes, when you kill Kael, he drops a green orb wich you can turn to adal, when you do, Kaelthas voice says he is still alive. Here is the quest. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11007 read it, it was there since 2.0 and it clearly states that Kael´thas is alive and serving Kil Jaeden. And after the turn in, the following text appears in Shattrah general chat:
    Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202
    I just said that the poster i quoted was wrong, kael setback was prepared in lore since 2.0.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32405#comments
    Since 2.1.0 if we can believe Wowhead, that is the same patch as the Black Temple, so it is long after Kael has been killed, and also long after blizzard decided to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Archivist
    Incorrect, the Titans chose not to kill them because killing them meant their freshly shaped planet would die.
    Incorrect, because they (the old gods) knew what was going to happen, they are free and the titans can do nothing to stop them. It might have taken them a very, very long time. But I'd have to say that the old gods won the war, they just lost the round (which they lost on purpose to come to this end, thus not losing at all, mind-bending indeed, but completely logical when you look at the larger picture).

They deceived the makers, they corrupted the makers, they bested the makers. Not even the shapers of worlds can outsmart that which lies eternal. The hour draws near, the time of reckoning is at hand, Chaos and Destruction will consume all!
    O'diithull Nage'ngor ssshu'unagr thurnnd!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Waelu
    Never say never. Using Yogg's blood for their fortifications + the scene in Yogg's brain certainly leaves the door open for speculation (Yogg influencing the Scourge). Personally I find the notion of the Old Gods being the (ultimate) big bads in Warcraft lore very intriguing. I'd be very satisfied if it turned out they were the true force behind Sargeras' corruption, The Legion, etc.
    i hope they arnt behind sargs curroption only indication of that would be if the dread lords are old god minions and not simply awesome demons which would suck

also yogg may have influence arthas until he became a deathknight while in northrend because of all the saronite on the walls

he was also being influrenced by ner zhul and kel thuzad if i recall right, but there influence wouldnt have made him pick up frost mourne, the maddening whispers may have

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side

BAM!
    That brings up some awsome memories , thank you for posting , i know what i'll be doing this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Skohsl
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32405#comments
    Since 2.1.0 if we can believe Wowhead
    You cant, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19622#drops ;if you follow the "dropped by" link, Kael thas was added in 2.2 and last seen in 3.1
    He was there since 2.0 and the verdant sphere was in his loot table back then. Not to mention thottbot has older comments on it that by the dates look from 2.0 or even beta.

The Ulduar Jailors weren't killed, just 'reprogrammed'.