Deleted

What if TG only applied to the Main Hand?

For a long time now, Titan Grip has had an artificial -10% physical damage nerf built into it. This was done simply due to the fact, that the talent provided a far too large damage boost and made the whole Fury specc difficult to balance.

Now I've always found this solution very anaesthetic and I think most of you will agree. I believe even Ghostcrawler isn't to proud of this solution but it did do the job.

Now we've all heard the talk about Single-Minded Fury being designed in order to allow Single-Handed Weapons to compete again, but this got me thinking.

Wouldn't it be a far more elegant solution if Titan Grip only applied to the Main-Hand Weapon Slot, rather than both weapons. That way, the Main Hand could yield a 2-handed weapon and the off-hand a 1-handed weapon. Both weapon types would be used and damage would be reduced over 2x2-handed weapons. The scaling effect would probably also be slightly reduced.

Now I must admit I'm not Fury Warrior expert and so this is more of a hypothetical discussion. However, I did plug the 2 different stats compilations into maxdps.com (might be terribly inaccurate for Warriors, idk) and the difference between having a 2-hander in the off-hand and a 1-hander in the off-hand was very small (< 80 DPS). Is this correct? Does the Off-Hand really only make such a small difference?

Re: What if TG only applied to the Main Hand?

Idk about the damage and stuff, but wouldnt that look incredibly ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    For a long time now, Titan Grip has had an artificial -10% physical damage nerf built into it. This was done simply due to the fact, that the talent provided a far too large damage boost and made the whole Fury specc difficult to balance.

Now I've always found this solution very anaesthetic and I think most of you will agree. I believe even Ghostcrawler isn't to proud of this solution but it did do the job.

Now we've all heard the talk about Single-Minded Fury being designed in order to allow Single-Handed Weapons to compete again, but this got me thinking.

Wouldn't it be a far more elegant solution if Titan Grip only applied to the Main-Hand Weapon Slot, rather than both weapons. That way, the Main Hand could yield a 2-handed weapon and the off-hand a 1-handed weapon. Both weapon types would be used and damage would be reduced over 2x2-handed weapons. The scaling effect would probably also be slightly reduced.

Now I must admit I'm not Fury Warrior expert and so this is more of a hypothetical discussion. However, I did plug the 2 different stats compilations into maxdps.com (might be terribly inaccurate for Warriors, idk) and the difference between having a 2-hander in the off-hand and a 1-hander in the off-hand was very small (< 80 DPS). Is this correct? Does the Off-Hand really only make such a small difference?
    Yes, MaxDps.com is bad. There's no reason to use a 1h when you can use the 2h though.
    Edit: And yeah, it would look dumb.

10+ Year Old Account

Shadowmourne MH, dagger offhand. Would look awesome (and by awesome I mean terrible).

15+ Year Old Account

Look at me, I'm a fencer!

Except instead of a Rapier or Epee, it's a giant double bladed axe made from the souls of the undead.
    And instead of a main gauche or sword-breaker, it's another axe! Just smaller, more hatchet-y
    And instead of chain mail and cloaks, I wear gargantuan plate that glows and smokes. (lol rhyme)

EN GUARDE, YE ROGUE!

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

So the main reason is "it looks stupid" ?

Gherkin, why are you using some random french words ? ;D

So the main reason is "it looks stupid" ?
    Honestly, that is a hugely valid reason. In fact, probably more valid than difficult to balance. And no, it definitely would make a much larger difference than 80 dps. You honestly would gain 80 dps in white swings not counting the additional stats from the 2h weapon, and one whirlwind alone would end your argument.

Deleted

So let's say Single Minded Fury increased your melee-damage by 20%, and Titan-Grip decreases your melee-damage by 10%, it would seem logical to me that having a 2-hander in the MH and a 1-hander in the OH would get pretty close to balanced results, without the need for these artificial damage buffs/nerfs.

You mean like...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/katana%20and%20wakizashi/DarkArticulation/05.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fmedia.photobucket.com%2Fimage%2Fkatana%20and%20wakizas hi%2FDarkArticulation%2F05.jpg%3Fo%3D25

Samurai!
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account

So let's say Single Minded Fury increased your melee-damage by 20%, and Titan-Grip decreases your melee-damage by 10%, it would seem logical to me that having a 2-hander in the MH and a 1-hander in the OH would get pretty close to balanced results, without the need for these artificial damage buffs/nerfs.
    Or you could just make a decision between them and have the extra talent point.

Also, TG nerf applies to all damage as long as there's a 2hander in one hand. That means the theoretical bonus from SMF would only be 10% and only for the 1hander.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".