Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Warriors and All the Nerfs....

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    yeah blizzard already stated this and said warriors are broken fundamentally from top to bottom due to how one sided rage generation is where top gear they can spam abilities, and low geared are barely getting any rage to use abilities. supposedly they're addressing it in Cata, but i know GC talked about it like a month or more ago.
    Exactly, so everyone stop crying when you get nerfed, it is needed to keep everything as fair as possible.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by dabros
    hopefully UA
    This.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Prot warrs are OP because they wear gear that was not intended for the spec. There is a big big difference between a prot warr in tank gear, and one with near 100% armpen.

A prot warr in tank gear may hit you for 6k, while one in dps gear can shockwave for 12k+, then 15k revenge, 12k shield slam... dead enemy.

Deleted

I'm pretty sure Warriors are one of the few classes that can do a 1 DPS 2 Healers in 3v3 successfully. When one player can do equal to what two are, quicker, then it shows that nerfs are needed.

Deleted

All the nerfs are band-aid changes to the real problem:

Rage

Let's see how normalization will work...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    you said it was proportional between survivability gained and damage lost for protWars. i say its nowhere near proportional, for ANY of the prot variations of classes.

what you're saying isn't what i've experienced firsthand on multiples of occasions. in fact every occasion i've run into them, and seeing your average Arms Warrior as often as i do, there is just no comparison in survivability to kill the Prot variation, and his dps is not nearly proportionally lowered. not even close. oftentimes it feels like i have very close to the same margin for error against either of them, but again gear can be the xfactor here since protwar's are much rarer and less noob geared generally speaking. these same protwar's aren't going down nearly as easy or the amount of nukes as the arms...

i can kill some arms warriors in less than half a mana bar. there are some protwar's that take more than a full bar, especially his last 10-20% is just stupid, and with second wind/reflects it can be a near endless effort of kiting compared to arms. its really retarded sometimes. i just don't get how more people don't see it or admit to it, especially people acting like protWar's are gimped, when everything i've seen says otherwise.
    I've already stated that protret gives up no damage for survivability. I am speaking of protwar specifically.

If you're solely talking about the average warrior you see in BGs, yes, prot would seem to have much more survivability since the average arms war you see in BGs does not know how to play defensivly. That has more to do with the player behind the arms war than the survivability gained through prot spec. One other consideration you need to take into account for dps done, is the MS effect.

Protwars do not have second wind, the only self heal a protwar has is enraged regeneration, a return of 30% of his hp over 8 seconds on a 3 minute cooldown. All warrior specs have spell reflect, that portion of the survivability is not limited to protwars. And once again, you see these differences because you're limited to what you can see in BGs. Nowhere did I say they were gimped, I've simply stated that in return for their utility they have given up utility and functions as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Felric
    I'm pretty sure Warriors are one of the few classes that can do a 1 DPS 2 Healers in 3v3 successfully. When one player can do equal to what two are, quicker, then it shows that nerfs are needed.
    Warlocks and dks can do double healer setups as well.

Do you even understand the double healer comps? the one dps class does not do what 2 dps class can do. They simply get to run around because the other team has to hit their priest to try to stop mana burns, but the priest gets to mana burn anyways because he has a second healer to heal through all the damage. Double healer teams rarely have fights under 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

OP fails at playing warrior and now tries to get our sympathy. I estimate his chance of failure at about 99%.