Rogue BG spec and advice.

So I've tried pve for a while on my rogue alt, but I want to get into some BG pvp. Nothing super serious but does anyone have any advice for a spec or any other tips to share for a new rogue just getting started?

Re: Rogue BG spec and advice.

You're going to die. A lot. My rogue is shadow dance spec'd, likely for the same reason; I didn't want to go super-serious about him, just casual battlegrounds. The first thing I learned was how squishy rogues can be. That said, be prepared to die, but stay with groups and look for the best opportunity to attack! You can be great at finishers, or locking up casters. A blind here, a kick there...
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

IMO Sub casualy in BG's is the closest thing we as rogues can come to "God-hood" lol I mean I have killed ppl from 100% to 0% in the space of 2 GCD's with a 12-14k Ambush followed instantly by a 5pt Evis for the same damage, more often then not my target dies.

That being said you MUST choose your "Victims" more carefully AND you NEED to be a cheap, dirty bastard about it (true roguein' IMO ;D) but there is NO other spec that is as fun

more then 1/2 the time the "victim" doesn't know that you are attacking them because its all so FAST, see a lot of long pauses before there corpse release

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles
    IMO Sub casualy in BG's is the closest thing we as rogues can come to "God-hood" lol I mean I have killed ppl from 100% to 0% in the space of 2 GCD's with a 12-14k Ambush followed instantly by a 5pt Evis for the same damage, more often then not my target dies.

That being said you MUST choose your "Victims" more carefully AND you NEED to be a cheap, dirty bastard about it (true roguein' IMO ;D) but there is NO other spec that is as fun

more then 1/2 the time the "victim" doesn't know that you are attacking them because its all so FAST, see a lot of long pauses before there corpse release
    This is pretty much all that I hate about rogue pvp atm. We've always been cheap...but we've never had to be this cheap. You have to "choose your victims carefully" because if you go against anyone who knows what they're doing you're probably gunna get pwned. We're basically there to pick off the sickly gazelles and stun healers long enough for our team to get kills. At this point I think it would be more fun to bg as a spriest or ret pally rather than as a rogue.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeh sub is the way to go but....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles
    Have fun going around ganking one person in some bg's if they have geared people...

Dont really need to choose ure targets wisely...who cares if u die ure gonna rez soon enough but speccin arp is the way some people go just so they can do dmg to mail/plate wearers just because ambush cant hit them for anything.