Thread: Fellow Rogues!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fellow Rogues!

Sup.

Some of you most likely remember me, I disappeared some time around November.

I was thinking of coming back to the crack of games, WoW.

Is it worth it? Where are Rogues in terms of Damage right now.

I've been looking at the updates every now and then and have seen the class preview for Rogues. However the class preview was not exactly what I was hoping for.

Combat appears to be getting increased combo point generator damage... which as I see it is just an incentive to spam sinister strike more.

Anyway, how's everything, how's ICC?

Re: Fellow Rogues!

I dont remember you, but then again i dont know anyone personally on here. As for rogues dps in icc, ull be more than happy to know that we are still very capable of topping meters.

hm, yea....well i don't know who you are (shocker) but regarding your question, the answer is...no, deffinetly no if you want to PvP. The rogue class is in a horrible horrible spot in arena/bg/1v1 any pvp situation you can imagine. That's the reason why i quit wow and will be back when cata ships. If you want i can go on and on about this subject(rogues in pvp) but i guess you don't so i'l just say: no, don't come back to the "crack of games, wow" playing a rogue, unless you want to PvE. Then i suppose it's a yes

Quote Originally Posted by MadiM
    hm, yea....well i don't know who you are (shocker) but regarding your question, the answer is...no, deffinetly no if you want to PvP. The rogue class is in a horrible horrible spot in arena/bg/1v1 any pvp situation you can imagine. That's the reason why i quit wow and will be back when cata ships. If you want i can go on and on about this subject(rogues in pvp) but i guess you don't so i'l just say: no, don't come back to the "crack of games, wow" playing a rogue, unless you want to PvE. Then i suppose it's a yes
    PVE was always my game. I found PVP to foster a small bubble of hatred deep in my soul.

Like I said, I dipped out in November so.. Most people cycle pretty quickly around here. In another story, my stats from frmo the end of ToC!

They're pretty good for back then, but shit compared to what I see now lol.

>.>

<.<

I didn't think that I was that hot in PvP but I wouldn't say rogues are in a "terrible position" in arenas or BG's.

PvE-wise we're in a really awesome spot, topping charts if you know the class in 'n out, it's close enough to other specs that you really have to earn that #1 spot. Combat is the way to go for ICC, most fights are better for that spec but Mut is also awesome. Sub spec- they're trying to make viable, but it's not quite there for say, guild raiding. If you're pugging a raid for fun or doing a random, Sub is so much fun. >
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Ehhhh we're alright i suppose, as someone said we are in a terrible position for arena and pvp in general these days. We are doing pretty well in pve though, we are not topping meters as people like to think we are seeing as mages that know what they're doing just dominate most fights (lol ignite) but we are not far behind them, still pull 2nd place most of the time.

I wouldn't bother coming back right now. I'd suggest waiting for Cataclysm or just forgetting about the game - it's been getting worse and worse from end-game raiding perspective.

It's too late to experience ICC properly now since even pugs are just zerging through the place with the buff. Rogues are basically what they've always been.

Well havnt been pvping much lately but what I've heard is that its getting worse for rogues in pvp perspective (survability isnt what it was before)
    In pve we rule the metres ( I do atleast ;D) Only priests and mages who can be the bighitter sometimes but they arent that far ahead. Would say that we share the top 1 place in the dps.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    I wouldn't bother coming back right now. I'd suggest waiting for Cataclysm or just forgetting about the game - it's been getting worse and worse from end-game raiding perspective.

It's too late to experience ICC properly now since even pugs are just zerging through the place with the buff. Rogues are basically what they've always been.
    Another expert who has most probably never seen a single hardmode let alone lich king 25HC who is still the hardest boss in the history of wow...

Rogues were top dps on the first H LK kill on 25man at 5% buff. Yes we're still amazing, and we have so many tricks on so many fights in ICC it's just unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Rogues are as good as they always been.

WoW sucks.

ICC is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MadiM
    rogues are great in bg's and 1v1 wtf are you on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyal
    rogues are great in bg's and 1v1 wtf are you on about.
    No we are not. Every class counters us in a duel with both players wearing good pvp gear.

apart from that: rogues are still good dps, but the absolute top rankings these days are fury warriors and fire mages

btw: I remember you ;D
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

If you're a rogue and not doing well in bg's now, then you're doing something wrong. I do agree we're not all that hot in arena at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by babuka
    Another expert who has most probably never seen a single hardmode let alone lich king 25HC who is still the hardest boss in the history of wow...
    Another "expert" making false assumptions.

Ppl who say rogues top meters in late ICC obviously don't have a Shdowmourne warrior along for the ride...It is currently rather hard to keep up with the SM users without trading trix, and even with that.
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

I can compete on the top 3 on most fights, But usally I cant get above our raging warrior, The cats sometimes rush away aswell. But I'd say we're doing well in ICC dps wise. I play assasination btw.
    As for pvp I dont do arena on my rogue so cant say much, and I only do bg's as sub in PvEgear and 2 shotting ppl.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by n0point
    Ppl who say rogues top meters in late ICC obviously don't have a Shdowmourne warrior along for the ride...It is currently rather hard to keep up with the SM users without trading trix, and even with that.
    I do raid with a Shadowmourne warrior and i agree that it's hard to top meters but not really impossible if you know what you are doing. In fights where they can't use cleave all the time i do better dps as a mutilate rogue (trading trix obviously but which high-end rogue does not?).

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I sadly stood no chance on H-LK. Just there for the 4% phys and tricks+good LK damage. P2+cleaving classes = can't really expect to win. I still keep up somewhat on DBS/Fester/Rotface/BQL.

Hrm, I was more wanting to come back for the pre-cataclysm events.

With the 20% buff, even in my ToC gear I can see myself raping face but...

I think I'll wait for the pre-cata patch, I've had cataclysm pre-ordered since the month it was announced.