Poll: do you think they should merge battle stance and zerker stance

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: stance dancing

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

stance dancing

arent you tierd of switching between your battle/zerker stance for example trying to pummel and only to see the enemies spell go through anyways. on my dk i feel those kind of things are so much more reliable since i dont need to change stances or anything to pull of for example silence.

would you like this change, we would have 2 stances one defensive and one offensive
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: stance dancing

Well no, Stances are a key part to a warriors gameplay mechanic. Why would you remove it?

I can imagine swapping to interupt being a bit annoying tho, maybe they could fix that in some way.
    Warlock (SL main)

who needs to stance dance for an interrupt you can use shield bash in battle stance

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I would consider it, but they still should have the new stance do separate things depending which spec you are.

Possibly just start off the stance giving no bonuses, and have a talent at the bottom of the trees to give the specs their respective bonuses (10% arp for arms, 3% crit for fury)
    Everyone's insane but me...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Each stance has an interrupt. It's up to you if you want to use it or not.

absolutely no after you got in-combat charge...that would be quite ridiculous.

it would take just as long to use a macro to equip shield, shield bash and switch back to weapon than it would to change stances. that being said, stances are one of the things that sets warriors apart from other classes. to be honest I kind of miss having to stance dance as a tank to trigger zerker rage on fears. nowdays I just have to switch stance for the occasional shattering throw

People saying that battle stance has an interrupt fail to note that you have to go sword and board to do so thereby resetting your swing timer. Switching to zerker stance drops your rage to 25.

Either way, the penalties are far greater for interrupting as a warrior compared to any other class who, for instance, are able to do it on the fly with minimal energy cost or for absolutely no cost except a simple cool down due to talents (read rogues and death knights).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

yea cuz pummel is like a high cost for fury wars

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom
    Well no, Stances are a key part to a warriors gameplay mechanic. Why would you remove it?

I can imagine swapping to interupt being a bit annoying tho, maybe they could fix that in some way.
    im not saing they should remove stances, only merge battle and zerker there will still be 2 stances. and tbh the stance dance feels very out of date since the speed in combat has increased alot since wow was launched
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Dude, they can't just remove everything that makes each class challenging. If they did that each and every class would have 1 button to push. No fun at all!
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noldi
    Dude, they can't just remove everything that makes each class challenging. If they did that each and every class would have 1 button to push. No fun at all!
    its not the challenge that is hard you just push one button to change stance its the time it takes from the push of a button till your character makes the move that is "broken" these days because of other classes got no dealy using the same mecanic

Deleted

Well having Stance Changes built into Macros kind-of annihilates the intention of stances in the first place. The real cool-part of stance-dancing got lost sometime during BC.

Maybe Warrior needs a base set of abilities that are usable in every stance, and only have 3 or so abilities that are restricted to one stance. Pummel should maybe be one of the base abilities and that way you could remove some of the redundancies.

Stance Boni should be changes as well imo:
    Battle-stance: 10% Armour penetration
    Berserker-stance: 10% higher crit-damage (210% Crits instead of 200%)
    Defensive-stance: 10% less damage received, 6% less chance to be critically hit, higher threat generation

Put all presences into one.

Put all forms into one.

Put all auras into one.

Put all totems into one.

Put all poisons into one.

Put all aspects into one.

Put all armor buffs into one.

Nerf originality and skill. We don't need that.

I call troll.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    Well having Stance Changes built into Macros kind-of annihilates the intention of stances in the first place. The real cool-part of stance-dancing got lost sometime during BC.

Maybe Warrior needs a base set of abilities that are usable in every stance, and only have 3 or so abilities that are restricted to one stance. Pummel should maybe be one of the base abilities and that way you could remove some of the redundancies.

Stance Boni should be changes as well imo:
    Battle-stance: 10% Armour penetration
    Berserker-stance: 10% higher crit-damage (210% Crits instead of 200%)
    Defensive-stance: 10% less damage received, 6% less chance to be critically hit, higher threat generation
    you seem to have understood what i was aplying and some problems we do have alltho some ppl seem to live in denial :P i love your idea of how the problem could be fixed tho. thx for a serious post

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    its not the challenge that is hard you just push one button to change stance its the time it takes from the push of a button till your character makes the move that is "broken" these days because of other classes got no dealy using the same mecanic
    Thing is, warriors are already a good class, and if they removed the time it took to change stances for certain abilities they would be OP. Plus like what has been said its part of their gameplay. If you don't like it roll a DK or Pala.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz
    im not saing they should remove stances, only merge battle and zerker there will still be 2 stances. and tbh the stance dance feels very out of date since the speed in combat has increased alot since wow was launched
    You could always reroll intead of trying to make my class boring?

Warriors would be way OP in PvP with an easy to use interrupt anyway. We already do a ton of damage, have Mortal Strike, andhave plenty of other stuff.

Also, honestly, no point in this thread, not like would ever do it. I believe they've said they like how stances work.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    Put all presences into one.

Put all forms into one.

Put all auras into one.

Put all totems into one.

Put all poisons into one.

Put all aspects into one.

Put all armor buffs into one.

Nerf originality and skill. We don't need that.
    While I agree with your general sentiment I feel Warrior stances are slightly different to other Auras and Aspects other classes have. And Pummel again, is a very particular ability.

-In general, aspects or presences are used to alter your play style. Switching them grants you different bonuses that help in different situations.

-The problem with Warriors is that their stances also limit their tool-box by locking out certain abilities. However, Warriors are balanced around having all their abilities to their disposal.

-Now Arms has always been the Warrior PvP tree. That is what Warrior PvP is balanced around. So most of the time in PvP fights is spent in Battle stance as that is the main source of their damage and utility.

-Now comes Pummel, an interrupt that requires quick reflexes, correct positioning and Berserker stance. If you spend most time in Battle stance and then suddenly need to interrupt it is extremely hard to do, especially when you account for the stance-switch delay and the amount of Haste modern casters have.

-This can be frustrating because Warriors will often find their Pummel land 0.2 seconds too late although they reacted as fast as they could.

-> Now you can argue, that Warriors should spend more time in Berserker-stance if they want a more reliable interrupt. That may be a legitimate response but also somewhat unrealistic as it would mean a huge drop in damage pressure and probably the loss of the MS debuff. That's a lot to ask for a warrior to give up on just to have cleaner interrupt.

->You can also argue that Warriors should learn to predict casts before they happen. Now expert players already do this, but its a lot to ask from freshmen. Also predictions aren't that reliable and it seems a little unfair when compared to Counter-Spell, Shocks or Mind-Freeze that can easily be cast in a reaction to your opponents spell-cast.

Now stances are an integrated part of Warrior game-play, I acknowledge that. I just think that Pummel needs to be an exception because it requires such quick reactions to be used effectively. On the other hand, abilities like Intercept and even Spell-reflect are fine in other stances, because while they do require quick reflexes as well, they also have more precursors to their use. (You're in a Frostnova -> you can expect the Mage to Shatter you -> go Def stance -> spell reflect ->takes about 2 seconds.)

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrimes
    who needs to stance dance for an interrupt you can use shield bash in battle stance
    does warriors use shield in battle stance? Niice