Pvp/PvE hybrid spec?

I'm looking for a spec that will be competitive in PvE (icc progression) as well as viable in pvp (both arena's and bg's). Does one exist or is it possible to make one work? I'm not looking to be a force to recon with in 2.2-2.4k+ arenas, just foolin around in 1800-2100. I would like to be very competitive in PvE though. I was thinking about a frost DW spec seeing as that's what I used to do before I converted to full on tank but I don't really know how well frost DW would do in PvP. Locking down people would be a bit easier with the one move that freezes the ground (it's 3 am give me a break on the name lol ;p) but I'd be missing out on ghoul and gargoyle for constant (ghoul) and burst (gargoyle) dps from unholy. I'd also be missing unholy blight and the upped damage to my curses and DC. Is there a good unholy pve/pvp hybrid out there?

It's really late and im tired so obviously I can't put my thought's out the way I am thinking them right now but I think you get the point. Any help appreciated.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

kriS411

Re: Pvp/PvE hybrid spec?

spec unholy pvp.

there is no way to do serious pvp without a suitable pvp spec.
    you PvE dps will be gimped by ~15% to a viable pve unholy spec, but you can't have both.

only think i could imagine is to leave anti magic zone and improved anti magic shell out of the spec (bad idea - hi wizardcleave) and spend that saved 4 points into desolation.
    this would increase your dps by 4%.

Two words for you, duel talents! Then you can have both a pure pvp and a pure pve!!

Magical isn't it!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz
    Two words for you, duel talents! Then you can have both a pure pvp and a pure pve!!

Magical isn't it!?!
    So, you're saying that if you got the talents you can pvp with pve spec. Sorry, but maths say that you can't pve with duel talents using pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhu
    So, you're saying that if you got the talents you can pvp with pve spec. Sorry, but maths say that you can't pve with duel talents using pvp spec.
    i think what he meant was dual specc and not duel...

as for the OT question: i highly doubt a pve progression specc that is viable in pvp exists atleast not for dk´s

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz

Magical isn't it!?!
    I am duel specced. However read the post and I said I was full on tank. If I were willing to drop my tanking spec/gear this post wouldn't be here but I'm not that's why I'm searching for a hybrid.

To everyone else thanks, guess I'll just have to deal w/ respeccing/glyphing every time I wanna do something different.

</thread>

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

10+ Year Old Account

If you dare even try to make this spec I WILL PERSONALLY FIND YOU SMITE YOUR ASS AND THEN THROW YOU DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

Dual Spec 1 pvp 1 pve if you dont like it oh well; DK's have a bad name as it is.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE