Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10ICC HM Healer Comp question

Should I have any concerns here? For my weekly run where I tank we're having to put our Priesty as Disc heals to cover for a Tree. Druids make raid heals ezmode, I'm wondering if we should have any concerns that a Disc Priest subbed in will be alright. What do you guys think? I worry that they might have problems on Saurfang in keeping up a mark by themselves once his BP gets high, and I especially worry about Blood Queen raid healing. Am I crazy to think this way? Heck maybe even Fester/Rot could give us problems. I'm stressing out here guys, what say you?

It sounds like you NEED to replace the Drood with the Priesty, so you've got to do what you've got to do. While not optimal, the success (or lack thereof) of this switch will mostly depend on the competence (and gear!) of the Disc Priest. If you have faith in him/her, than you should take the opportunity to reassure yourself that it's the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your other healer? I'm assuming holy pally, and if so you should be fine. As long as they're decent. Disc and Holy pally was my 10 mans set up and never had much issues.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Ya, we run Pally, Shammy, and Tree/Disc heals. Tree can't make it this week, so we're probably going to put the Priest in. His gear is gtg, I just know the throughput (yes I know shields are effective healing) is lacking and I wonder if we'll be ok purely from a class standpoint. Both Saurfang and Queen bring the pain for healers, heck even Marrowgar can get nasty, and you know having the benefit of a Tree that keeps everyone topped off throughout the encounter is nice.

A holy pally/disc priest is absolutely fine, especially with the 20%. If your dps is even half decent, you should only get one mark on saurfang, which the holy pally can handle easily. And even if theres a 2nd...Im sure a shammy/disc can cover it...

Also, marrowgar H is trouble?I never seem to have trouble healing this unless its a terribad pug that fails at standing out of fires.

And queen was the first H on 10(aside from lolship) that I did, I didnt have much of a problem. Setup then was a holy pally(me)/holy priest/resto shaman.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Disc Priests are incredible for ICC HM. I run a weekly PUG on my server and we clear like 8/12 HMs with a holy pala and disc priest two man healing every boss but festergut. Shields are amazing in most ICC fights. Maybe I overvalue them a bit but I wouldn't like to run ICC without one.

With the 20% buff two healers should be enough for both saurfang and queen. Queen is a joke compared to LK and Saurfang healing wise, even rotface normal is harder then that.

We ran with a healing setup like this: Holy Paladin, Restoration Druid, Restoration Shaman (dps occassionaly).

On Queen I (Druid) heal everybody equally, the Paladin heals the tanks mostly, and the Shaman heals *abilities. This is what we did on most encounters.

*If you get the beam on queen he starts chain healing you, or fire on queen means LH:W on you ect.

We never had issues running with 3 healers, we even did Anub10 HC with 3 healers at the appropriate time, with no severe dps issues.

Thx Forcelink & Ilara, good stuff.

I agree that Disc Priests are pro, thus I made the one in my sig recently. However, I just wanted to be assured they can handle the throughput required for incredibly bursty moments as well as the entire Blood Queen fight, especially the 2nd air phase and towards the end where she's doing a decent amount of extra dmg.

For the Marrow comment...now you're starting to come off a bit elitist here on me. The group I run with is a purely 10man guild with purely 10man gear. I agree Marrow is simple in concept and execution, but things happen when a main heals get Impaled and then Marrow poops out a Cold Flame right on them. Don't act like Marrow is another lolship, it's pretty common knowledge he's not one of the easier HMs in there like ship, lady, and rotface.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone already mentioned, you should 2-heal everything except a few fights where its not needed, and where a third healer makes things easy.

Holy Pala + Disc Priest is by far the best overall combo for ICC10 HMs imo, but others work as well.

Alright, this topic just needs to close.

Nobody is even reading the post(s) now. I'm not asking how to heal ICC, how to kill bosses, or whether to 2/3 heal fights. I am asking if people think a Disc Priest would have problems keeping a MotFC up on DBS, and if BQL might be a stretch. It's all good, a few people answered early on.

Feel free to lock it up mods before more people come in and blindly say, "I didn't read your post, but this is what we do....."

I have to put it in my perspective to give you an answer.
    We're running with 2 healers (disc priest + resto druid) + a resto shaman when three healers is needed.

So if you ask me, you shouldn't have a problem with him/her being disc

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well trees can heal tanks on lk 10 hc

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    Disc Priests are incredible for ICC HM. I run a weekly PUG on my server and we clear like 8/12 HMs with a holy pala and disc priest two man healing every boss but festergut. Shields are amazing in most ICC fights. Maybe I overvalue them a bit but I wouldn't like to run ICC without one.
    Why aren't they two healing fester? He's not hard to two heal.

To the OP: Disc is the king of ICC raid healing, not resto druids.

My group 2 heals everything with a Resto shaman and Holy Paladin except for Sindragosa and Dreamwalker (we actually are gearing up a disc priest friend so we can actually do LK attempts at the moment)

Disc priest will be just fine for raid heals, bubbles are very nice. I would worry about Sindragosa though depending on your other 2 healers, we struggle with our makeup, no druid blows on that fight.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I heal Fester/BQL in two healers. Me (disci) and a holy paladin.

Deleted
    On my resto alt I'm going with a recurring pug group from different guilds every week.
    We use 2 resto druids then have a retri pally going holy for Sindragosa.

We do atleast 10/12 HC every week, mostly 11/12.

Really, whatever healing setup you use is fine, some are ofc better, but anything will do aslong as they are good.

We're two-healing every fight except Festergut, BQL and Sindragosa ( 3 Heals here just for easyness' sake, wouldn't be much of a problem with 2 healers except for BQL flames on me, the paladin ) as Holy Paladin/Disc Priest.
    This implies that your Disc knows how to blanket the raid with shields, and your pally isn't spamming flash of light 90% of the time.

I've actually healed ICC-10 heroic on my druid and then the next week in essentially the same group on my priest.

Personally I would say that yes, BQ is going to be harder as disc, especially 2-healing, and so will Sindragosa - that's why I go holy for both those fights.

A disc priest would hold up fine in any fight. A druid would shine more in fights such as fester, rotface, putricide, princes, BQL, and Sindra.

The disc priest on the other hand would be much better ( and almost crucial ) in fights such as LK, Marrow, DW, and Saurfang.

Here is an idea for ya. 10ICC group. All Druids. 2 Druid Tanks, 1 offspec dps. 3 druid healers. 5 druid dps. You know you want to.