Poll: What is the best raid ever in WOW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the best raid ever in WOW?

Well so far we have the original and two expansions. Which in your opinion is the best raid so far in the game?
    Consider layout, bosses etc. and also consider it playing at the level it was intended for (so doing AQ in lvl 60 gear and not 80).
    My all-time favorite is Karazhan, loved the atmosphere, lay-out, and the great boss encounters.

So share with us which your favorite is. (Not the one you dislike or anything, just the one you like most).

Re: What is the best raid ever in WOW?

For me it's Blackwing Lair for nostalgic reasons. The raid itself isn't the one I enjoy the most, but it's the one I remember the most so I put my finger on that one.

Ulduar, I had a lot of fun progressing in this raid, also the lore in the instances really interests me.

Even tho I've done most of em, I just fell in love with ulduar.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

only new players will choose ulduar because they haven't experienced the old raids at the level cap. my fav is kara.

Best instance is definitely Zul'Aman loved the troll's the timerun and how you needed skill to burn down the trash without just pulling everything and just bomb.
    2nd would be Ulduar, Yogg is just an epic fight!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by greg098
    only new players will choose ulduar because they haven't experienced the old raids at the level cap. my fav is kara.
    Playing the game for 5 years, but ulduar beast all previous raid instance. The only one which could compete with it is karazhan.

Deleted

I really cannot understand why people like ICC?

The lore is shit... Theres like 3 lore bosses in there the rest are just stupid.. His final citadel and hes got bosses named Festergut and Rotface???

Its pretty much following 1 single path the whole way, its TINY... Its meant to be a citadel but in terms of space you can run and explore its absolutely tiny..

The boss fights were pretty shit, the only interesting and fun fight is Lich King, and it was gated stupidly and had stupid limited attempts.

Imo ICC is one of the WORST raids ever in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by greg098
    I was waiting for that. The fact is that I experienced most of the raids at their prime, So stop picking on people that enjoy wotlk raids, Everyone has different taste.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I would agree with Kara as well. It was my first raid experience, My guild spent a LOT of time in there back in the day. Geting Prince down for the very first time is one of my favorite memories.
    And I would have to say Ulduar is my second favorite. Again spent a lot of time in there. plus i remember walking in and thinking wow this place looks awsome!

But the first time I remember felling really elite as a player was when my guild was progressing thru Black Temple back in BC. the whole time I was lvling my first toon I remeber seeing all the bad ass lvl 70s standing around Iron Forge in there T6 gear. And I was like im going to be them one day. So acually being at that point made me fell like one of the big boys ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBanana
    Imo ICC is one of the WORST raids ever in WoW.
    Are you trolling? Both LK-Naxx and ToC are much much worse than ICC in all and any aspect.
    I can see someone disliking ICC, but calling it all time worst cannot be serious.

Progressing through Kara was the most epic thing ever. However Ulduar has amazing encounters, lore, graphics, so my vote goes this way.

I think I like it because I was not there for the progress. Raiding in WotLK can kill any instance, because you feel the need to do 25/10 every week to gear up properly and epic encounters feel too easy in 10 man.

Sunwell > Black Temple = Ulduar > ICC
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

10+ Year Old Account

Black Temple, I loved almost every boss fight in there
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Ulduar and Kara. Kara wins.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I really like SSC as a raid

15+ Year Old Account

Black Temple forever
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Its Ulduar, best fights, great feeling, inovative, interesting, hard modes, it is how one wow raid should look like, was doing glory few days ago on alt and its still so unbelivable better then toc or icc.

2nd would be ofcourse Karazhan, it is close to Ulduar, its proly best looking raid, great atmosfere, i loved to go in there on every occasion, but Uludar have better boss fights and that what makes difference.

Quote Originally Posted by snodge
    I really like SSC as a raid
    Guess you didn't end up stuck on vash for months.

Or have to come back to get vials for solid recruits who leave the next week.

For me it has to be Black Temple hands down, although sunwell was cool looking it was just too hard for me and I never got past muru before 3.0

Deleted

No im not trolling.. I find ICC utterly Appauling...

Theres no atmosphere, it feels empty, I HATE the boss fights, the way it was released was horrendous and the lore inside the whole instance is fricking stupid. They got lazy and used the same boss model for two fights and its tiny.

From the outside the place looks HUGE - they could have done so much with ICC but it was just such a letdown to follow 1 linear tiny path from start to finish. Also one of the most depressing raids to look at too.

The scourge style of Naxx > the scourge style of ICC, I honestly cant even finish an ICC raid anymore, I just lose the will after being in there for 10 minutes...