Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: GDKP Runs - Be Warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    Why would you trust somebody you don't know... :
    That reminds me an episode of Simpsons where some nerds get expelled from college, Snake goes to them and says 'wallet inspector', they give him their wallets and he runs away while saying 'I cant believe that just worked'.

Crappy quality but I found it for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awK0NrgHUbk
    haha memory your belgian sweet me 2

ot: open topic ruin his wow carreer, folow him on the armory, make alt on his current server, yell hes a thief job done

GM's are useless to be honest! (although to be fair have there hands tied by Blizzards outdated policies)

Had 3 tickets for various forms on ninja'ing / unfair looting/mistakes by by ML! after heated discussions(last one lasting over an hour) eventually got told that there is nothing they can do unless there is malicious intent, and even then really has to be completely cut and dry before they will do anything. (and

Overiding policy kind of takes the opinion that possession is 9/10ths of the law and as such once somebody has an item/gold that they have to give permission to the GMs to remove said items even if the ML/correct recipient both state that the wrong person got the item. Is kind of amusing when the GM says he agrees with you but can't help as his hands are tied.

Yeah i had already made a ticket and yes the rules were clearly stated before the run started infact i was unsure as to what GDKP was before i joined and he even explained it to me in a whisper. This post wasnt asking for advice really was just a warning. He has already transferred off aszune so hes probably going to do it on the next one he transferred to so was just pretty much a warning. If a holy paladin with the chopper achievement dated 04/06/2010 that has recently transferred to your realm sets up a gdkp run be ware of it!

Honestly I chuckled a little bit when I read "lol cya. And he rode off into the wind on his motorcycle" (paraphrasing obviously). Just the mental picture of that is funny.

But on a serious note don't do gdkp runs unless you know the guy or he's from a repected guild. The top guilds on my server do gdkp runs on their alts and it's great. The only reason I believe anyone should go into a gdkp run though is if you have the money to blow of you need no gear. Being in a raid with a bunch of low geared players with a lot of gold is amazing. I was in one that got up to 70k and I never spent a dime because I didn't need/ want to pay for anything.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuluman
    really has to be completely cut and dry before they will do anything.
    Advertising a GDKP run and then making off with the pot is pretty cut and dry.

Always make the RL and especially the LM announce the loot rules IN GAME before starting a PUG. Because Blizzard now calls ninja'ing loot, in this case gold, as scams. GMs will look through the chat logs for that, before doing anything. If the LR or LM lies about the loot rules and then ninja's, the GM will correct it and the offender with get a b&.

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar899
    haha memory your belgian sweet me 2
    I'm not :l

clearly the best place for a thread like this is on mmo-champ forums where you can't really call someone out....

And then to paint gdkp runs in a bad light like this when it's the product of a single douche would pre-planned this, is bad troll fail IMO. Most realms have probably 5-10 weekly runs by a few people and run flawlessly. Because typically, those that run it, know that in the long run, they'll gain more lewt, and gold by being fair and honorable. 1 run that you ninja = blackballed and never a successful run again, or people that will join your run and misdirect you and tricks you at every opportunity and make you pay back the gold in deaths, and generally make your life hell. Or ninja can spend actual real life money and transfer to a new server, and then pay for a new name. And if he's that much of a douche, it probably means he has no life, or job, or at most works drive-thru at McDonalds for minimum wage and lives in mom's basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    Why would you trust somebody you don't know... :
    That reminds me an episode of Simpsons where some nerds get expelled from college, Snake goes to them and says 'wallet inspector', they give him their wallets and he runs away while saying 'I cant believe that just worked'.

Crappy quality but I found it for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awK0NrgHUbk
    Hey... that's not the wallet inspector!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggervance
    Then your server is terrible.
    How does that make it terrible?

Please explain.

its where you use gold to bid on items. and at the end all the gold from the winning bids get split between all the remaining raiders.

it does, like all other systems, have upsides and downsides.

upsides: ppl are more likely to stay the whole thing. more geared raiders will show up as they want goldz.

downsides: ninja

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how far this has gone, when we are less than a week shy off pre patch... I think it is save to say that bots are a healthier issue for the economy than allowing players to run GDKP.

First a small disclaimer: no, I am not moaning because I didn´t get it or something, I only came back to play classic a month ago, literally, thought it would be boring to do the same all over again but I was wrong, loved coming back and I am switching from retail into classic... the real WoW.

Back in point:
    As me, there are many others who only went to classic recently. Imagine the incredibly disparity in economy between people running with 20/40K gold into TBC and us. My highest character is a lvl 31 rogue and I have 140gold lol... and I know for a fact that this is pretty good (reference point would be vanilla)

It is not really fair or even good for the economy. I think that Blizzard should have take action on it early and, say, set a gold cap until release of maybe 5000/10000Gold. That is how much the average high end wealthy player carried from Vanilla to TBC.

But, why limit players from playing the game? Well, for the sake of the game long term.

TBC classic is going to suffer a dramatical change form the original version: lots of players will have epic flying mounts right away, because of both GDKP and the store mount (yes, that will help a bunch too).
    That consequently means less people farming around the world, less people developing professions, less people running dungeons... that means... well, less active players than there could be.

Now it is too late, they can not take player´s gold away. But this only shows how "Blizzard" (Activision, really), does not care about the game or its players.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Seeing how far this has gone, when we are less than a week shy off pre patch... I think it is save to say that bots are a healthier issue for the economy than allowing players to run GDKP.

First a small disclaimer: no, I am not moaning because I didn´t get it or something, I only came back to play classic a month ago, literally, thought it would be boring to do the same all over again but I was wrong, loved coming back and I am switching from retail into classic... the real WoW.

Back in point:
    As me, there are many others who only went to classic recently. Imagine the incredibly disparity in economy between people running with 20/40K gold into TBC and us. My highest character is a lvl 31 rogue and I have 140gold lol... and I know for a fact that this is pretty good (reference point would be vanilla)

It is not really fair or even good for the economy. I think that Blizzard should have take action on it early and, say, set a gold cap until release of maybe 5000/10000Gold. That is how much the average high end wealthy player carried from Vanilla to TBC.

But, why limit players from playing the game? Well, for the sake of the game long term.

TBC classic is going to suffer a dramatical change form the original version: lots of players will have epic flying mounts right away, because of both GDKP and the store mount (yes, that will help a bunch too).
    That consequently means less people farming around the world, less people developing professions, less people running dungeons... that means... well, less active players than there could be.

Now it is too late, they can not take player´s gold away. But this only shows how "Blizzard" (Activision, really), does not care about the game or its players.
    First off, how did you find this post? It's 11 years old. Lol

But i 100% agree with you that the late action from Blizz gives the game long term problems. With that said though, you just have to rethink how to make money. The raw gold from mobs etc. will be scewed, the AH though, with more money people will spend more on mats etc.

It will be more expensive to use the AH at first, but there is more money to be made than back in the day on the AH.

damn, we should find some threads from TBC so we can revive them in Classic TBC

Literally why do people think the store mount is free any type of riding? You literally use gold train your riding skill on retail in 2021. You certainly will be in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    Literally why do people think the store mount is free any type of riding? You literally use gold train your riding skill on retail in 2021. You certainly will be in TBC.
    They only said it would scale to your riding lvl. So yea, you have to buy the riding i'd say aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninjas be ninjas. Private server people tend to be the worst, because due to the short lifespan of server, theres less social consequence for becoming infamous and maligned.

I'm not really concerned about any of the existing GDKP teams on our server. They've both been running well organized runs since phase 2 and both have a core of respected players from top 5 guilds on the server.

So essentially, don't just join some random gdkp. Look at success rate and any sign of bad intent. If a group has been running without major incident for over 3 months, they're probably content to just get their share of gold. These runs used to be even split, but the organizer now gets an additional 5% of the pot, which we all agreed was fine.

NEcro of all necros if i've seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Back in point:

Is this the most extreme Necro we have ever seen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I'm surprised 11 years old thread is still open, thought they automatically close and become read only after some time. crazy