Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm: Twin Peaks Battleground

Looks cool and such, but another WSG ???

I don't know, have some hopes for this one. Really dislikes WSG :-X

Does anyone else find it funny how they managed to make their description of T.P. sound exciting? It's a rocky field with a few tree stumps, a river going through it and a single bridge...

I'm liking the new bases though, and I wonder what the mechanics of that "plateau scaling", if it is anything special at all

15+ Year Old Account

twin peaks and Battle for Gilneas City will be introduced both at launch then?

In before "TP is the new AV!"

Also, LOL TP

I like WSG though, I just hope this doesn't suck, looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    CTF games have a way of lasting ... very long.
    And favors certain classes.
    If one side has no paladins, and no druids, you're pretty much screwed.

I doubt this BG will become very popular..
    Thats why blizz implemented timer to BG. But I remember 3h WSG which was totally screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Whether or not one likes WSG, which is a matter of opinion, I'm a bit confused as to why they'd add another (seemingly) nearly identical BG. I thought they would have made one or more major changes to TP, where maybe the core CTF is the same but there's other differences. Maybe the terrain will make it different enough, who knows..

At least they addressed gy camping, wsg is my favorite style bg so im glad to see their sticking with old favorites

Will WSG stay then ? Since Horde won it and we get a new Capture the flag BG,or will we have both ?
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

Deleted

So eeh... WSG with different skin and water (aka form of freezing trap unless you are DK or Shaman) in the middle of it? Man I am deeply disappointed, I was expecting some "reskin" of EotS if no completely new idea :<. Why even do this?

10+ Year Old Account

Can't help but think that blizz are being lazy now but are still happy to take our £8.99 a month.

With Cata, there is not a new continent, but just redesigned old ground and this new BG is a little too similar to Warsong Gulch.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Sound very good, but i'm very curious, how this loooks like in "live ptr" servers :F

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)

Those who seek to control Twin Peaks will face an intense battle. The lands surrounding this ever-troubled location are key strategic strongholds of Deathwing and all of his followers. The Twilight Highlands are as rich with history as they are fraught with disaster and tragedy. Will the Dragonmaw clan, reinforced by Garrosh's Horde, take control? Or will it be the Wildhammer dwarves, reunited with their Ironforge brethren and accepted into the Alliance, who seize the peaks?
    Oh, fuck yeah.
    Banana phone
    I've got this feeling, so appealing,
    for us to get together and sing. Sing!

Deleted

WTB DOTA-LIKE BG THX

Quote Originally Posted by An_Unoriginal_Name
    Does anyone else find it funny how they managed to make their description of T.P. sound exciting? It's a rocky field with a few tree stumps, a river going through it and a single bridge...

I'm liking the new bases though, and I wonder what the mechanics of that "plateau scaling", if it is anything special at all
    Prepare yourselve people,now fighting in the middle (a.k.a bridge) will be a REQUIREMENT. /QQ
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

...sigh...

Did I see a gnome totem in there?!!?!

edit: btw - to those of you that don't like WSG - WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU - BEST BG IN THE GAME

Would be cool if this replaced WSG as the go-to for CTF matches. Always wanted more things to do in WSG and from the description given, this provides that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

As i remember, people wanted different types of the same gamemode. But look now.
    "new wsg Q_q"

So if Alliance get knocked off the Horde keep, they land in water... And if the Horde get knocked off the Alliance keep, they land on painful land...

That seems a tad unfair, but I'm more than happy to give it a try and see if it's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PWDirect
    Can't help but think that blizz are being lazy now but are still happy to take our £8.99 a month.

With Cata, there is not a new continent, but just redesigned old ground and this new BG is a little too similar to Warsong Gulch.
    8.99 euros? REALLY!?!?

Be glad it hasn't raised, the European economy is failing now and getting closer to Americas.