World of Logs data: Why do only two classes dominate the dps charts?

I recently read a post entitled "Warriors and All the Nerfs". I had never delved into World of Logs' data concerning other players outside my own guild before, so I went over to check out the dps situation in regards to warriors.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...n_Citadel/dps/

(just go to the ICC25 HC tab).

Do you see any class(es) or specific specs dominate the dps race? Any clues why is that? Is it just extremely good players or boss tacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    You misunderstood me, I'm not too bad a tank and I always try to do my best, but they thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Re: World of Logs data: Why do only two classes dominate the dps charts?

Confused on why this matters

Play a class you like, bring the best players to the raid

short answer arp
    long answer arp+cleave
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account

Fury warriors... EVERYWHERE!?!
    oh.. and fire mages..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand
    short answer arp
    long answer arp+cleave
    Short answer: This
    Long answer: This ^^

Let me rephrase for clarification:

Do you think the game is (pve) balanced when two classes dominate it? In other words, aren't there any good DKs, druids, locks etc? I don't think ArP it the reason, since ferals stack ArP as well, yet no ferals are in the top 20 in any ICC 25 encounter (with the exception of VDW).

You misunderstood me, I'm not too bad a tank and I always try to do my best, but they thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Luomo

Do you think the game is (pve) balanced when two classes dominate it? In other words, aren't there any good DKs, druids, locks etc? I don't think ArP it the reason, since ferals stack ArP as well, yet no ferals are in the top 20 in any ICC 25 encounter (with the exception of VDW).

look at a sample lower then the top 10 and you will see more classes in there....you must assume that to be top in to world you are doing almsot everything perfectly....and yes when doing everything almost perfectly fury warriors are the highest dps......once you get the doing everything perfectly and make it into the to 100 then you got a strong point for things being un fair.

i can tell you this from a fury warriors perspective. when it comes to a mele fight and you are max armor pen u dominate dps because all our attacks dont require us to maintain stacks of this have this debuff up like a dk or kitteh even a paladin. we can move and do our attacks which in most cases are instant like whirlwind bloodthirst and slam procs. with a 4 set those slam procs are doubled. we have short Cds on 20% dmg boost for 30 secs and overall if he is crit at 50% the warrior crits everyother move which is amazing for his rage to just spam heroic strike which btw i have keybinded to bloodthirst so both are being spammed simultaneously. on sindragosa i pretty much own the charts for myself and take no prisoners because of the icblock cleave and intercepting back into battle after the pull in. over all we scale well with icc encounters and its very nice to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luomo

Ferals do not use rage for damage dealing role. Because of rage, the more damage warrior does with white strikes, the more special attacks he can perform.

It's a scaling problem warriors had from the very beginning of the game. They have problems at beginning of new expansion, and are in a league of their own when decked out in top-end gear. ArP has exacerbated the issue by increasing white damage further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon

look at a sample lower then the top 10 and you will see more classes in there....you must assume that to be top in to world you are doing almsot everything perfectly....and yes when doing everything almost perfectly fury warriors are the highest dps......once you get the doing everything perfectly and make it into the to 100 then you got a strong point for things being un fair.
    I get what you are saying and it makes sense. Apart from the following:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...owgar/25H/dps/

Glue yourself to marrowgar during skillstorm and spam heroic strike, intercept when he goes away?

Shadowmourne of course.

warriors are only pwning the charts cause of rage and scaling. try a warrior with mediocre gear and they will not out perform pure dps'es of the same gear level. it is pure and simple rage and scaling that makes warriors OP. nerf the top and you virtually kill all less geared warriors
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Just for teh lulz (a bit off topic); but check out how many shamans are represented under ICC25H HPS.. xD

.. and a big LOL at the numbers that fire mage produced at BQ..