Thread: funny story

funny story

Farming fire in WG on my mage yesterday i happened to be lucky enough to notice a tauren DK trying to jump me from behind. he does what every dk does and DG's me and of course finds his feet frozen to the ground as i start to move away he chains me and i blink. then i just turn around and pepper him with frostbolts till he's dead. this happens 2 more times nearly the exact same way. after the 3rd time he tried there was about a 10 minute gap so i thought he had given up. then i noticed the shadow of a bone gryphon on the ground around me. few minutes later i see him land and start moving towards me. i go on offense this time and start peppering frostbolts up his ass then of course we get the DG, frost nova, run away, chains, blink scenario except when i blink a pally joins the fight on his side so i decide to make a run for it since he's a healer. i go invisible and head for the WG DB boarder but a dot knocks me out of invisiblity with only a minor lead on them and blink still on CD. i get to the edge nearly dead and just steps ahead of the Dk's melee range and jump. i can only assume he was frothing at the mouth knowing only one more shot would kill me and he followed me right over the edge. i pop slow fall about half way down and literally land almost directly on his dead body. just to add insult to injury i sat down on him as i ate to regain my health

Re: funny story

I hate you so much.

That is a cool story, ive had a few similar moments in pretty much the same spot but using Nitro boosts and Parchute =D
    money's such a good medium of exchange until you lose focus on the fact that it's a medium of exchange in favor of thinking of it as an end in itself?

Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake
    I hate you so much.

Aw come on first post is awalys a troll
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

You've confused "funny" with "Boring"
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast
    A matter of taste really. I found it quite funny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast
    people on the internet never fail to make me laugh =D

Deleted

Happened to me many a time on my priest (of the opposite faction as my main) so I ganked my GM and his girlfriend and listened to them rage on vent about some lowlife camping them... 8)

Good read, you should publish it in Big Whoop Magazine -.-

I mean, cool story, but would be better suited in offtopic don't you think?
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

i'm under the impression that you think i'm bragging. i'm not i just thought it was funny the way it all worked out in the end. if i were the dk instead of the mage in this story i would think it was just as funny. as far as where i posted it if you look at my profile you'll see i'm a newbie. i assumed since it was a pvpish situation that this is where i should post it, if it needs to be moved feel free.

cool story. yes it;s in the right place, pvp is pvp. people just whine cause they expect more and get less. not your problem.
    Honestly if you had hammered both of them I would have enjoyed that, but landing on the dk like that is pretty nice

Sooo you got away from a DK who wasted his Deathgrip by initiating combat with it? Not to mention him actually allow you to stand and use frostbolt?

Also, if you wanna brag, make sure you get something bragworthy. Now, I'm not an Internet tough-guy claiming everyone else sucking, I can appreciate a good story, but sadly, this one is not one I'd consider such. To me, this just seems like an "Ohh, I'm so cool, look what I did!" and did something quite mediocre. I apologize if that's not the image you're going for, but I feel honest criticism is better than false praise.

(With that said, I've been humiliated BADLY by Mages, so I'm not perfect either, before you play that card.)

I have to admit, I laughed.

Not.
    See, it's funny cause it isn't funny, which doesn't make it not funny, but definitely not funny-- on the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really funny, but its always good to be on the winning side of a PvP encounter, especially if the other person starts it.

10+ Year Old Account

Its funny because it wasn't funny at all.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    See, it's funny cause it isn't funny, which doesn't make it not funny, but definitely not funny-- on the contrary.

dont hurt your eyes that what's in the small text.

10+ Year Old Account

Stupid dks are always funny :P

I was on my mage alt doing dailies in ICC (don't really have PvP Gear) and I saw this ret paladin fighting some mob.

I start spamming frostbolt and then when he realizes what's happening I deep freeze and spam ice lance but none of them crit so he survived and bubbled, healed to full health, walked over to me and cast repentence to gain distance. I nova'd and blinked for fear I was going to get slaughtered, he HoJ'd me after my damage broke nova, and I was globaled.

Now, I'm no PvP expert obviously I made some mistakes (and so did he) and we were both in PvE gear about equal gear. I only had 18k health and he had like 23k I believe. I just think 6k melees are pretty stupid and I definitely should have won that, but w/e. Lucky crits I guess for him ^^
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH not funny.

Btw which moron ice lances a deep freeze and casts frostbolts before?