Thread: Patching

Patching

My problem is that i have world of warcraft BC + WOTLK and patches installed to 3.3.0
    Tried launcher and at 100% it says this
    Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    The file "WoW.exe" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

Tried downloading patch mirror but still its the same message, repaired it but nothing(evrything works),deleted wow exe repaired it downloaded new one and its still same ...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Patching

Im going to tell you a secret, the only thing in the whole world that can fix that, this can actually save the world

[size=60ptVIOLENCE][/size]
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Deleted

you gotta reinstall it. at a point some months back (when i still played (sorry)) i had that problem too for ... a long time... -.- had to reinstall every time they threw a patch at us. just make a backup on a portable drive and uninstall then move it to your computer. done is done

10+ Year Old Account

Don't reinstall. Right-klick on launcher, choose "Run as admin" and that should solve it. Been there done that.

I am on windows 7 and my brother is administrator i have already downloaded and extracted 3.3.0 but when he runed it same problem should he right click and than run as administrator?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Orgrim Doomhammer
    Im going to tell you a secret, the only thing in the whole world that can fix that, this can actually save the world

[size=60ptVIOLENCE][/size]
    lol.. fail on the font codes...

How is a raven like a writing desk?

Quote Originally Posted by DEADCRUEL
    I am on windows 7 and my brother is administrator i have already downloaded and extracted 3.3.0 but when he runed it same problem should he right click and than run as administrator?
    Yes.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

10+ Year Old Account

Yes try that. I'm the admin on my comp but I still have to use "Run as admin" to be able to patch.

i hhave that also , what i do is pop te first cd of vanille in the buttcrack of my laptop and it works as intended when its reinstalled

Will try when he comes back
    Thanx for the replies and sorry for my bad English hehe

Still not working any way that i dont need to reinstall the game blizzard foorum doesnt say anything :S

bump

now when i moved it from E to D it says D:\world of warcraft\WoW.exe" could not be read. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (CompareVersion)