Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: How did you start WoW?

Just to make this short:

I came to WoW from Runescape, but I knew about WoW etc for a long time so it wasnt so new to me. I started WoW In June 2005, then I quit 2 weeks later because I found it hard to play and a bit spooky when I was leveling undead.

And then yeah, South Park got me into WOW again and ever since I never looked back.

my buddy told me it was awesome, and i believed him.

he was right

15+ Year Old Account

I saw my friend playing it and though it was cool. I had also played warcraft 3 so the idea that you could be a character inside the game of warcraft was really appealing to me. I kind of just played on my own when I got it though, my friend had to stop playing because he went to a really intense private school and he didn't have time for wow anymore. I was a pretty huge noob cause no one helped me with anything I had to learn everything the hard way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

South Park ;D
    Here's my character,im 12 years old. All kids that play wow aren't bad
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cocoabutterz

was reading about WoW since beta
    at 2004 day one of the realase i start playing and made my first priest i stopped playing at the end of 2006 then after 1 year at the middle of TBC i came back.

Me and my money were bored one day, and then we couldn't resist looking at World of Warcraft. Since testing it for the first time i knew that it was the one, and so i continued to pay the reoccuring fee and i've loved it ever since.

^ True story.

Oh, plus i thought that being turned into a cat (joined oct 31st - halloween) was absolutely hilarious!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Saw a friend play it, he gave me a trial card, I loved it, baught the full game and have been playing for 5 years now.

Ah yes... I had nearly forgotten about runescape. That was my first introduction to online games in general. Long story short, my friend started WoW and said it was better than runescape so i tried it and i loved it. I started as a mage and it is still my favorite class (after trying every other class).

So a couple of years after i had been playing WoW, I hopped back onto runescape for a second and went to a crowded area. I then proceeded to cause a great commotion by saying "WoW rules!"... of course I got about 50 other people yelling about how "WoW sux noob!"
    ... I couldn't help but laughing in pity at them irl. ;D

How could anyone possibly think Runescape is better than anything? And Maple Story? Ragnarok? Ugh...

I'd been casually playing MMO's off and on for a long time, playing free ones that had a much more serious atmosphere than the likes of so many others' "first MMO." Namely, I played a lot of Knight Online. I didn't have the money to spare on pay-MMOs back in the day, but I tried out the trials for games like Acheron's Call and Everquest. Finally, during my senior year of high school before The Burning Crusade was out, my older brother and I were wasting some time at Walmart (there's not much else to do in this town other than go to Walmart or go see a movie). He decided he'd go ahead and purchase World of Warcraft. I piggy-backed off his account until I got a real job. My first toon was a Human Warrior I didn't get much past 30. I wasn't able to play often because he played most of the time. When I finally got a damn job I went out and purchased my own copy and started my own account. Started from scratch. I juggled between a Human Warrior and a Dwarven Paladin. It only lasted for a few months. I didn't seriously start playing until halfway through my freshman year at college when three fourths of my dorm hall were serious raiders. I decided to roll horde on the server they all played on (Exodar) and have been there ever since. I rolled many Hunters and Warlocks that I got towards the 30's before I decided to reroll as a different race. Finally, during christmas break, I was messing around on Alliance on the server my brother played on. He just rolled a new Warrior, so, after seeing some Priests in Stormwind with some pretty cool gear, I rolled a Draenei priest. After seeing how awesome Power Word: Shield was for leveling, when I got back to college, I rolled my Blood Elf Priest, which has been my main ever since. Holy through all of TBC, Shadow since Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The first time I did actually see the game running was in a friend's house I was totally like "damn.. looks so nice and the gameplay is so smoothly", tho I was not able to get the game at that time... few months later I started playing the game for good and I dont regret it ^^

I started back in the day when Blizzard was doing beta signups for WoW. I thought I might as well try it since i have always loved their games, and also beta tested a lot of other games. So I then get the invite with my key. Install the game... then start playing a human paladin, and mage. Then the community was all learning together and helped each other out so much. Those were the days we had to not just do quests but also grind a lot since there wasn't enough quests everywhere. Sometimes you be in a limbo state where you were done with all the quests in an area, and not high enough to do the next area. Those were the good old days.