The Hurt Locker (Possible Spoiler)

Ok so I did a search of this movie on this forum to see no one had said anything about this movie. This movie won a ton of awards like best movie and director so when I went to blockbuster I saw this movie and assumed it would be good. Wow was I wrong.

First of all the director and camera people are absolutely terrible. They like to shake the camera a lot to make it look chaotic and suspenseful but all it does is piss you off. Also in a few scenes they make the screen very blurry thinking is this my T.V.? Nope that's them making it look spooky in the night.. After getting past the shitty cameras there is absolutely no story to this damn movie. A guy goes around defusing bombs. First couple scenes were cool when he does it then after that it was just boring. Another thing is every thing was predictable. First scene you knew he was going to die. When the doctor went out on the field you knew he was going to die to an IED. Lastly for a war movie it was very unrealistic. A guy defusing 870 something bombs... and he only looks 30 at the most. Having native people inside the US base selling stuff? Army personnel not shooting a car that breaks through a barrier.

After the movie ended my friends and I looked at each other and thought what the hell was so good about this movie.

So does anyone else think this movie was complete crap? Or are you seeing something that I didn't?

Re: The Hurt Locker (Possible Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Melarix
    Ok so I did a search of this movie on this forum to see no one had said anything about this movie. This movie won a ton of awards like best movie and director so when I went to blockbuster I saw this movie and assumed it would be good. Wow was I wrong.

First of all the director and camera people are absolutely terrible. They like to shake the camera a lot to make it look chaotic and suspenseful but all it does is piss you off. Also in a few scenes they make the screen very blurry thinking is this my T.V.? Nope that's them making it look spooky in the night.. After getting past the shitty cameras there is absolutely no story to this damn movie. A guy goes around defusing bombs. First couple scenes were cool when he does it then after that it was just boring. Another thing is every thing was predictable. First scene you knew he was going to die. When the doctor went out on the field you knew he was going to die to an IED. Lastly for a war movie it was very unrealistic. A guy defusing 870 something bombs... and he only looks 30 at the most. Having native people inside the US base selling stuff? Army personnel not shooting a car that breaks through a barrier.

After the movie ended my friends and I looked at each other and thought what the hell was so good about this movie.

So does anyone else think this movie was complete crap? Or are you seeing something that I didn't?
    All what you have said here is exactly how my friend described Iraq before he had his leg blew off and almost losing both of his arms..

That's what war is like.

Yes the movie does show what it's like to be in a war but with Hollywood putting in their crap. My whole point is for all of the awards it won this movie should be spectacular and it wasn't felt more like a lost documentary.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melarix
    Yes the movie does show what it's like to be in a war but with Hollywood putting in their crap. My whole point is for all of the awards it won this movie should be spectacular and it wasn't felt more like a lost documentary.
    So you are saying that Hollywood made a movie and it wasn't spectacular enough? Then it wasn't Hollywood! Simple as that.

And you probably don't have any army experience. 80% of their time, they either do training exercises or wait! Joining the military is boring. (although the good parts make up for it a 10 times fold.)
    For the Emperor.

I wasn't impressed with this movie. It was shrug worthy and then delete from hard drive. Nothing worth mentioning, nothing worth giving awards to.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================