Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what class is your alt and WHY?

would be interesting to read why you have a particular class as an alt. How this class fufills your needs outside the rogue play style or if you want a change of pace or if this class require same amount of timing, coordination, risk taking and situational awareness like rogues.

I've tried pala/hunter/warlock/death knight/warrior
    and I never felt that my skills mattered as much in those classes as it did with rogue class.

Re: what class is your alt and WHY?

What if rogue is my alt? Well, it's one of them...

10+ Year Old Account

main: Druid
    alt: Shaman
    coming alt: Priest

because I enjoy classes able to heal

10+ Year Old Account

Well he posted in the rogue forums, so I'm pretty sure he was expecting that the rogue would be the main.

Anyway, my alt is a lock because I hate tanking and healing (dps is my thing), and i figured since I have a melee I'd roll a ranged. Locks seemed like the next class after rogues to fit my personality and playstyle, so I rolled one.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Funetik
    Well he posted in the rogue forums, so I'm pretty sure he was expecting that the rogue would be the main.

Anyway, my alt is a lock because I hate tanking and healing (dps is my thing), and i figured since I have a melee I'd roll a ranged. Locks seemed like the next class after rogues to fit my personality and playstyle, so I rolled one.
    That's a fairly reasonable expectation and is probably true for most people who frequent this forum, but i'm sure there some of use who browse forums for classes that are not our mains as well

Anyway as you can see from my sig, main is druid, the alts i have at lvl 80 are prot pally, prot warrior, rogue, and hunter. Prot war and prot pally because I love to tank (i used to mainly tank on my druid but have since switched to moonkin - at the time because of needs of the guild). The rogue I made to play with my sister, who had just started playing at the time - and I don't remember why I started the hunter. Just because, i guess. I like alts.

Deleted

Main: Rogue (duh)
    Active alt: DK tank (I rolled a new server for a new guild and had to bring up an alt fairly quickly, and DK gave me a nice headstart, plus it was a class being able to do other things than dps.
    So tank it was, since I wanted to try another role in raids than dps for once.

Abandoned alts (left on my old server that I don't play anymore): Warlock, Enh shaman.

a TROLL rogue names GREEFER just seemed to natural....
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Main = Hunter.

Alt(s)
    Retadin/protadin
    furywar/tankwar
    dwfrostdk/tankdk

go me.

One of each class.

Current main: DK
    Cata upcoming main: Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

Main : Feral Druid
    Alt : Holy Pally
    Soon to be new alt : Shadow Priest

Hunter because I felt like it

Main: Disc Priest

Alt: Holy Pally...I wanted to wear plate and have a bubble

Main was a Paladin (Melee Tank fighter) well at least I thought.

So I wanted to have a Pet class so I roled Lock on Horde side.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

i dont know why i enjoy my rogue. its just fun to play in pvp and isnt as dull as other classes in pve. mage is an alt and the main reason i rolled it was the control factor of frost play in pvp. i also have a 73 resto druid (specced healing for dungeon leveling) which felt like fun for a while but got boring really quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

All of them.

Main Holy paladin (atm)

Alt Feral Druid

Why?
    Boomkin = mage / ranged
    Feral cat = melee
    Feral bear = tank
    Tree = healer
    I have every class in one char..
    Also I'm a 1 man petting zoo! - POOF! im a cat! - POOF! im a walking bird monster! - POOF! im a Bear - POOF! im a seal - POOF! im a cheeta - POOF! Im a friggin tree - POOF! im a cow!
    It's the ultimate character for those that cant make up their damn minds!

A shaman because my warrior is tank/melee dps i want a caster dps!

main: rogue

alts: druid tank, i wanted to roll a tank without losing out on the advantages of leveling with stealth. worked well.

tauren hunter. wanted to seriously see the horde quests, and also see if hunters were as faceroll as people acted like they were. they are. srsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Rogue is my alt...well my "most alt'ish". As a confirmed altoholic, I have 10 toons on my main server, all different classes, 7 of which are 80. DK and Druid are 70'ish, and my Rogue is... 14.

Not sure why, but everytime I pick him up I get bored to tears. Going to try for a Worgen Rogue in Cataclysm and see if that helps.

Probably doesn't help that the class was designed to creep around like a scared little girl, working best when /cast sucker punch is used as the opener. I've played feral as a Druid, just never got into playing from stealth, and that's from leveling on a PVP server. Not my style, doesn't feel right. Seems like I'm admitting a weakness before the fight even begins.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account

this thread was obviously focused to those that have rogue mains
    you damn clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug
    Probably doesn't help that the class was designed to creep around like a scared little girl, working best when /cast sucker punch is used as the opener. I've played feral as a Druid, just never got into playing from stealth, and that's from leveling on a PVP server. Not my style, doesn't feel right. Seems like I'm admitting a weakness before the fight even begins.
    scared girls don't learn stealth to come up right at your face with every ability in their arsenal to take you out. Scared girls shoot at you from 30+yards away, use heals, kiting and bubble. Rogue is the anti-scared girl class.