Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could Pally's Own Warriors Any More In Duels?

So I was trying to do some world Pvp and ran into a pally that I outgeared by about 900 points. There was nothing I could do to his health in either arms or tank specc. He just seemed to cut right through me. Now I know pvp is not built around duels...but this is just wrong. Oh, and I when I tried to run away on my mount after I rezed, he has the 20% increased mount speed so you cannot even do that!!! Its ridiculous! Any other warriors see a problem with this....?

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Could Pally's Own Warriors Any More In Duels?

All I've seen you do on these forums is whine about being terrible as a warrior. I have a feeling it's you, not the class.
    Everyone's insane but me...

I very rarely PvP, but even so, a pally better have my warrior stunlocked the whole time or he's going to be hurting!

10+ Year Old Account

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but I can't resist.

You say you out gear him by 900 GS. IF such is true then you are most likely level 80. That being the case you go on to say that you cannot out run him on your mount due to crusader aura. I feel it is my duty to inform you that flying mounts can move vertically as well as horizontally. Now, if you are fighting in a place that you cannot use flying mounts I recommend you stop doing that.

^
    even the fact that you said gearscore in any of this makes you such a good player
    you most likely were in your pve gear, and tried to hit a paladin in relent+ gear
    i dont have much of a prob with rets, being prot makes it ridiculously easy
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Lol...you must not know anything about a warrior dueling a pally....because its the class > skill hands down....

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1
    Lol...you must not know anything about a warrior dueling a pally....because its the class > skill hands down....
    the class cant 2 shot you if you are at 900-1100 resil, at which point you should have 32k hp unbuffed
    you must not know how to duel a pala as a warrior
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

My troll senses are tingling...

Paladins aren't too hard to kill as a warrior, you just need to know when to use what.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1
    So I was trying to do some world Pvp and ran into a pally that I outgeared by about 900 points. There was nothing I could do to his health in either arms or tank specc. He just seemed to cut right through me. Now I know pvp is not built around duels...but this is just wrong. Oh, and I when I tried to run away on my mount after I rezed, he has the 20% increased mount speed so you cannot even do that!!! Its ridiculous! Any other warriors see a problem with this....?
    What spec was he? If he was ret, I'd absolutely eat him alive as prot. I'd tear him up so hard he wouldn't even know what hit him.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't have problems with equally geared ret paladins on my warrior.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm with Tony on this one. >.> As Arms, pallies are lollerskates, especially if you know how to time your abilities.

Also, he's for sure a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

of course they can, they are mostly blood elves. nothing is more shameful than being facerolled be a belf

as a paladin, i can say yeah i know paladins do have the favor.. against a bad warrior. No amount of healing/bubbling will be able to stand against a GOOD warrior (unless either of the 2 classes are prot, thats a different story)

also, lol troll. GS = SKILL!

dont warrior have an disarm ability?

and doesnt spell reflect work on most of the pallies stun?

i know you need to switch to a shield, but dont warriors usually have a shield in bag while pvp?
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

10+ Year Old Account

my main is a paladin. Im leveling a warrior through bgs n dungeons. hes 69 as of now. only thing tht can realy beat me is a prot warrior. but on my main I F**k warriors up.. meh. every class has its weakness.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

I play both a warrior and a paladin, at 80, in pvp, and to every warrior here saying retties are easy to beat (as arms) have not faced skilled ret paladin opponents. Rets can completely make a warrior feel like he's doing nothing to the paladin. How do I know? I play a ret paladin in pvp. I also play an arms warrior in pvp.

Equal gear, equal skill, the ret paladin will win everytime, without having to bubble. The bad rets are the ones that fall to DBW/ArP'd out pvp warriors. The good ones won't let them even scare them. Bad Rets don't understand sword and board at all...they think they're 2h 24/7. SoL +sword and board can make a warriors best damage output be almost completely negated. Bad Rets use DS....good rets use DP.

Its the same as Arms warriors saying "lol, DK's are easy 1v1". Bad DK's? Of course. Bad DK's sit in your bladestorm / Retal combo and beat themselves into a corpse run. Good DK's are a different story, they'll kite you to hell and back, everytime, and shut down your offense almost completely.

So enough of this BS already. Just because you regularly beat the random DK/Ret Paladin out in the world doesn't mean the warrior class itself has an edge against those classes, its just you completely outskilling a pvp retard. A good warrior can win almost any 1v1 encounter with a bad <insert class here>, this is nothing new. Against skilled and geared opponents? We're one of the saddest classes in a 1v1 environment.

N

10+ Year Old Account

wanna know how to own a pally?

• Get the jump on him ei. charge him
    • Immediately rend and MS him up...its vital that both are up before he gets too many hits on you.
    • Hamstring him then immediately disarm him. Hopefully by this time you've dropped him to half HP.
    • Chances are if his HP is that low he's starting to panic and will bop. SHATTERING THROW!
    • Pummel or shield bash his face in cuz he is most likely in the middle of healing himself when bubbled
    • EXECUTE!

Granted if they pally is even the slight bit good at his class then you probably only had a 33% chance of winning in the first place. If the pally is holy then then you have maybe 20% chance and if he's prot they you are just bad at this game in the first place for even letting the thought of you ganking him cross your mind.

GL grasshoppa!

Well, i kill most of retri palas in PvP(im prot).

ITT: People who think they're gods in pvp because they win duels.

Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol
    ITT: People who think they're gods in pvp because they win duels.
    ITT: people who think that duels matter
    This user has been banned.