Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Kingslayer? Embarrassing title?

I wear it because I think it is a cool lore-rich title. I'm torn between it and Starcaller. Undying is really cool too since I'm a tank...So many choices!

its the new JENKINS title :/
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

I wear Kingslayer on my alt because...meh its an alt.

I wasn't wearing much any title before getting Battlemaster on my Warrior, and i'll switch it only when i either get Duelist/Gladiator or any ''High'' rank in cata (General or higher) or for ''of the horde'' (69k HK on 100k so far ).

But yeah Kingslayer is pretty meh now, its like Champion of the frozen wastes ''late'' 3.0. When virtualy everyone and their mother were wearing it.

Not as common as jenkins but not really hard to get.

I wouldn't say any title is ''embarassing'' tho, people show title either because they fit their class/spec or want to show an accomplishement they did.

No matter what ''Hardcore PvErs'' say, not everyone will ever see the 10man LK (even if i admit he's pretty easy atm). Its still a small accomplishement. So instead of spitting on people that don't really have the time or want to raid 30 hours a week, simply enjoy your ''of the lights dawn'' and your Frostwyrms and your ILVL 277 gear to faceroll people in PvP and let the others be.

Quote Originally Posted by savato
    well since the 20% buff came out im just wondering if people who are in really good guilds (ICC25 HC progress) are embarrassed to use the Kingslayer title since all the casual guilds are starting to get it answer the poll/discuss your opinions
    Only matters when you got it imo.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    If you're embarrassed by the Kingslayer title, get The light of dawn or Bane of the fallen king. You can't be elitist with no kills to back it up
    QFT
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who can read binary, and those who cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornpaw
    Oh noez teh casuals have a raid title, that makez me uncool now...

Just because it may be "easier" to obtain, doesn't make it embarrassing.
    Being how easy it is to obtain, since it's the same exact title on both 10 and 25 man, does make it embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    dont have it, not afraid to admit it, id rather level and pvp than hardcore raid tbh.
    Too bad you don't have to 'raid hardcore' to get this lulzie title. Especially now.

I'll stick to my "Kogon, Bane of the Fallen King"

Why would I be embarrassed by it? Sure, I"ll wear Light of the Dawn or Bane eventually, but in the meantime there really is none that I would consider "Hard" to obtain that wasn't a server first. Astral Walker is fun, but I consider Kingslayer 25 to be more difficult.

I mean honestly, what titles are competitive atm? Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar? The Immortal? If you're wearing a pve title, its pretty much Kingslayer, one of the heroic ones, or a server first.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted

yeah, its the new jenkins. id rather use matron

Kingslayer feels like the jenkins title now. I' ll stick to my "Herald of the Titans". Only 30 people on my server have it, and only 9 horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes
    Why would I be embarrassed by it? Sure, I"ll wear Light of the Dawn or Bane eventually, but in the meantime there really is none that I would consider "Hard" to obtain that wasn't a server first. Astral Walker is fun, but I consider Kingslayer 25 to be more difficult.

I mean honestly, what titles are competitive atm? Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar? The Immortal? If you're wearing a pve title, its pretty much Kingslayer, one of the heroic ones, or a server first.
    Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar were never hard, I believe I almost got it when it was current content/in a friends and family guild. And we didn't even REMOTELY try for it. And The Immortal's been pugged on probably a lot of servers by now.

Ah, I did forget about Herald of the Titans. Thats certainly one you don't see a lot of.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    Champion/Conqueror of Ulduar were never hard, I believe I almost got it when it was current content/in a friends and family guild. And we didn't even REMOTELY try for it. And The Immortal's been pugged on probably a lot of servers by now.
    That was my point. There are no "Hard" titles out there anymore other than Kingslayer (to an extent), Light of the Dawn, Bane of the Fallen King, Herald of the Titans (to an extent), and the server first kills.

Its still stupid to consider a title embarrassing though, everyone who has shadowmourne on my server runs around with Jenkins because they think they're original.

Kingslayer is not the new Jenkins by any stretch. Kingslayer is the new "of the Nightfall" if anything. I used kingslayer for a week or so and went back to Immortal but I will gladly sport my Kingslayer title on my alts.

The big issue isn't the buff if you ask me. The issue is that Kingslayer is a)available for 10 and 25 man b)most good guilds are making bank selling the title (I run with a group that sells 3 a week plus drake runs) and a distant c) the raidwide buffs. I am proud that I got my 10 man kingslayer before the buff and 25 man when it was 5%, but I will not wear the title and I will not swap from the Immortal until I have Bane of the Fallen King, and I won't swap from that until I have Light of Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Naumu
    Actually, most pugs who try, fail. A lot of the top PvE'ers don't feel like doing Naxx at all, even on the chance of getting the rarest (non heroic LK kill) title in the game. My guild was the first, over a year ago, to get Immortal, and we are still the only ones with it on my server. I proudly wear the title because I earned it in t7 gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi
    One thing I found when I was in high progression guilds, was that the members didn't actually care. They wore titles that they liked.

I've found that if you are in a high progression guild, the guild tag is what makes you stand out more than the title.
    yeah, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Kingslayer is not the new Jenkins by any stretch. Kingslayer is the new "of the Nightfall" if anything. I used kingslayer for a week or so and went back to Immortal but I will gladly sport my Kingslayer title on my alts.

The big issue isn't the buff if you ask me. The issue is that Kingslayer is a)available for 10 and 25 man b)most good guilds are making bank selling the title (I run with a group that sells 3 a week plus drake runs) and a distant c) the raidwide buffs. I am proud that I got my 10 man kingslayer before the buff and 25 man when it was 5%, but I will not wear the title and I will not swap from the Immortal until I have Bane of the Fallen King, and I won't swap from that until I have Light of Dawn.

Actually, most pugs who try, fail. A lot of the top PvE'ers don't feel like doing Naxx at all, even on the chance of getting the rarest (non heroic LK kill) title in the game. My guild was the first, over a year ago, to get Immortal, and we are still the only ones with it on my server. I proudly wear the title because I earned it in t7 gear.
    Very clever avatar, sir.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laws
    Very clever avatar, sir.
    Just saw that too before I read your post, its AWESOME!

I dont even have the title.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Although it is obvious to respect guilds who kill hc versions of Arthas, and get their hc titles, they still havn't seen anything else than the casual Kingslayer has seen.
    thats sort of the goal that blizzard was going for. They wanted to make all content available to everyone. Not like in BC where it was EXTREMELY RARE to find a group to pug The Eye or SSC.

i know theres going to be one dick who says "well in BC my server was pugging the eye and---" SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! there....im done