Thread: boots?

boots?

hm so i was just thinking are my 251 boots(festergut) better than the one crafted as i lose some arp

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...inger&cn=Aqira

i wont lie i was just to lazy checking femaledwarf but will prob do but thought some thoughts around the question would be good

//thx

10+ Year Old Account

Re: boots?

http://femaledwarf.com/
    I don't understand why people won't use this? Upload armory new boots add gems add enchant oh look its done.
    You'll gain 53 dps.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

The HM of the fester boots are better as I recall, but the rock-steady whoop up on the regular mode.

no it's not a word

stop picking up gear with lower item budget just because there's more armor pen with it. 95% of teh time your dps will go down, the extreme rare case, go check it on the spreadsheet. a few days ago i ran into a silly hunter who won't give up his 245 emblem helm (no, not t9) even when his guild got him a sanc mark because he tells me 'it's bis for armor pen' lol

armor pen is a modifier on your physical damage, you might gain armor pen, but if ur physical damage (which scales with your stats and ranged dps on your weapon) goes down there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    stop picking up gear with lower item budget just because there's more armor pen with it. 95% of teh time your dps will go down, the extreme rare case, go check it on the spreadsheet. a few days ago i ran into a silly hunter who won't give up his 245 emblem helm (no, not t9) even when his guild got him a sanc mark because he tells me 'it's bis for armor pen' lol

armor pen is a modifier on your physical damage, you might gain armor pen, but if ur physical damage (which scales with your stats and ranged dps on your weapon) goes down there's no point.
    Truer words are rarely spoken.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy

This, but also don't pick up higher iLvl stuff if it's retardedly itemized. (seen this way more than the above example) :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    http://femaledwarf.com/
    I don't understand why people won't use this? Upload armory new boots add gems add enchant oh look its done.
    You'll gain 53 dps.
    I don't understand why people won't read what's posted? He clearly said " i wont lie i was just to lazy checking femaledwarf "

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird
    I don't understand why people won't read what's posted? He clearly said " i wont lie i was just to lazy checking femaledwarf "
    Exactly, so if hes too lazy to sim it why should people answer. I don't know how you people work FD.com but making a topic and then waiting for answers would probably take a bit longer.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign
    The HM of the fester boots are better as I recall, but the rock-steady whoop up on the regular mode.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Exactly, so if hes too lazy to sim it why should people answer. I don't know how you people work FD.com but making a topic and then waiting for answers would probably take a bit longer.
    You tell me why people should answer. Especially considering you A. told him the website and B. even edited your post later to tell what DPS changes would incur. As for me and the one topic I made, I clearly explained that I worked FD.com and gave my output. I was simply asking for other people's thoughts, to cover the possibility I missed something. I guess that's too complex of a concept for you?

On topic: Theoretically, people shouldn't answer. If he's too lazy to do the work himself, he doesn't need the answer. Now, if he did like me and DID the work yet asked for a follow-up aka second opinion, then people should respond.

You tell me why people should answer. Especially considering you A. told him the website and B. even edited your post later to tell what DPS changes would incur. As for me and the one topic I made, I clearly explained that I worked FD.com and gave my output. I was simply asking for other people's thoughts, to cover the possibility I missed something. I guess that's too complex of a concept for you?

On topic: Theoretically, people shouldn't answer. If he's too lazy to do the work himself, he doesn't need the answer. Now, if he did like me and DID the work yet asked for a follow-up aka second opinion, then people should respond.
    I'm pretty sure the topic wasn't if people should answer him or not. And besides, you asked why people wouldn't read his post. The answer is the same reason he wouldn't go to FD to get the answer, they don't give a shit?

The real on-topic: We're all slaves to the spreadsheet because the math isn't obvious. There's too much RNG and assumption in any raid parsing to prove averages and dummies don't emulate what happens in raids. So in every case, just plug it into a sim/spreadsheet and see what it claims the differences are. I mean in some strats or learning beast hunters will outdo marks/surv because your pet is doing way more DPS when you're doing 0 if you get unlucky or are out of position.

Armor Pen gains power as your actual hits go up (gear level), as you gain more of it, and if you're actually hitting the mobs. So you need to know your actual dps time, movement amount, gear level, etc and then make those decisions. There's a very clear tipping point when armor pen is great, but there are still vague areas like when you should use orange gems for yellow sockets for bonuses, and when you should be not full agi or AP. It all depends on gear (hell, the spreadsheet even puts herkuml above other options at certain gear configs)...

too lazy to do female dwarf? enhance shamans have to download a whole addon to sim.

10+ Year Old Account

How is that on topic? Btw is your failed attempts to bash me your only point to post on these forums now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia View Post
    How is that on topic? Btw is your failed attempts to bash me your only point to post on these forums now?
    Probably.