Worth to Break 4 piece Bonus and go for 3 out of 4?

So far i have read that hunter 4 piece is kinda weak compared to its 2 piece bonous. At 5600 ap the 4 piece will give me extra 1120 ap which is 20% of my base ap. My question is it that bad that i will break the 4 piece and go with 3 out of 5 with getting Head, Shoulders Chest as Sanctified and gloves from badge Log splinter x60 and pants Northen Lights. My guild hunter does not have 4 piece bonous but he can pull dps up tp arnd 10k on most fights or more and he said its worth it. I want some input guys Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Worth to Break 4 piece Bonus and go for 3 out of 4?

No, no it is not.
    http://femaledwarf.com/
    off-topic: 10k is nothing to be bragging about fyi.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The 4 piece is weak compared to most set bonuses, our 2 piece included, but it's still more worth it to take the 4 piece than use offset items, the offset items can't make up the difference.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically what they said, that the 4 piece is more than enough to make the tier pieces worthwhile, unlike say, the t9 4 piece, where it is better to go offset. How many good hunters do you see without it?

4 piece is not as OP as 2 piece, but its definetely worth it. Besides, the helm, chest, and shoulders are all awesome pieces and BiS on their own, the legs suck and the gloves are okay but definetly worth using for the four piece bonus despite not having arp. Personally I'm very happy with hunter set bonuses we have atm...though I do miss the critting serpent sting.

I just got the 4 set bonus on my hunter the other day and i will say its fairly cool raised my dps a fair bit its just keeping an eye out for the proc to get the most of it with other cds

The base stats from the 4 pc (264) level gear is good for a lot of things (More health to survive things like oozlings that spawn from rotface/Ice Blocks from Sindy/Etc.), and the overall dps increase is pretty good. Myself and several of the other raiding hunters in our guild have seen a decent dps increase from the 4 pc Proc, and have found that it procs a fair amount.

The offtier piece I use is the northern lights leggings from Deathwhisper, since the tier legs are so poorly itemized.

*edit per post below me - I tend to screw that boss name up the most due to being an old comic book junkie.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by Scripts
    The base stats from the 4 pc (264) level gear is good for a lot of things (More health to survive things like oozlings that spawn from rotface/Ice Blocks from Sindy/Etc.), and the overall dps increase is pretty good. Myself and several of the other raiding hunters in our guild have seen a decent dps increase from the 4 pc Proc, and have found that it procs a fair amount.

The offtier piece I use is the northern lights leggings from Deathwhisper, since the tier legs are so poorly itemized.
    Fixt.

Sadly I see a 98dps loss on my hunter when I swap to 4pc and replace my Helm from T9.5..but it's not Sanct yet either. which should help a bit.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"