Poll: Which would you take to ICC 10

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Would you take someone geared or someone with right gems/enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    People can say whatever wishful thinking they like ("By Jove! Good Sir, I hear your concern but indeed Gearscore is but a tool for a gentleman's discerning utilization, assuredly!"), but all I ever see is "AMG I WAN 8600 GS FOR MAI NAXX RUN OKEI".
    Oi! So true. Also, these kind of posts make me jealous. I wish I was able to construct such a fine sentence. :-[

i wouldnt take either for a 10man. theres few enough slots so you shouldnt have to settle.
    if it were a 25man though, i'd take the 5800 GS (provided its GS based off of actual raiding gear, and not a vehicle/itemlvl set)

its a gamble that either of them is a moron anyways, so i'd rather take the non-slacker thats already spent some time on the fights and geared up.

granted, im not gonna take a tank that showed any indication of being a mouthbreather, but i can replace a bad healer/dps.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    When I form pugs I ask people if they have gearscore installed so they can check the others, and if they do I don't invite them. Most of the people on the server have caught on to this trend now, but I think it serves my purpose.

Clearly my 6300+ gear score is very low, because I despise gearscore.

/sarcasm
    So you're doing the same thing to people, you reversed the discrimination and are just perpetuating more discrimination because you don't like an addon.

GS is a great way to know what you're capable of, for your own use. It works fine for the majority of people, I'm quite certain most of these horror stories are embellished or entirely fiction. This is not some new thing, it's already policy in most pugs to boot people who fail on the first fight or repeatedly on subsequent fights, high gs or not.

The reality is, if you're constantly running with people in bad gear to inflate gs, you are either stuck in a fail guild, don't recognize the successful PuG leaders when they're posting on the forums and trade for their weekly raids, or you yourself are recruiting raid members based solely off gs.

Fix one of those problems, and you have no more reason to QQ about a useful addon.
    Bird law in this country is not governed by reason!

Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112
    I hate people who use gearscore so I wanna see what people say, whats more important
    I hate you.