Cerabret100

Ready for some basic tanking?

My Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...den&cn=Rakasha

I don't plan on tanking anything special, just starting some real basic heroics, maybe ToC normal, while i pride myself on doing my homework anytime my performance affects others, i'm not perfect and i know there's still some things i need to change (enchants, rings, trinkets, sigil, etc) and i've only healed (shaman main) and dps'ed so i wanna take things slow.

I'm also a little wary of being a blood tank with such basic gear, i've read frost is better for lower levels and heroic tanking, but as the time came frost held no appeal to me for some reason, probably because i don't want to DW (even though 2 hand frost tanking is probably still okay for lower levels).

Basically feel free to take any constructive shots at my set up so far.

As a side observation: hitting the def cap was A LOT easier than i thought it would be after listening to my uncle's brother

Re: Ready for some basic tanking?

You're fine for TOC normal and for the original heroics but it is likely you may get moaned at about your health pool, especially as your avoidance is fairly low too. Buy runescroll of fortitude and flask of Stoneblood from AH to give you a big chunk of extra health if you don't have a priest in group.

There are better tanking rings available from Gundrak normal as a drop and as a quest which will give you extra avoidance stats as well as more health, running TOC normal as often as you can should get you some slightly better purples to swap some blues with and should get you the black heart eventually (or first run for anyone but me). Check out the various factions for any rep rewards you're entitled too as well, and get all tabards.

Use any badges you get to go for the neck and belt from the conquest vendor and the cape from the valor vendor, all three pieces should cost 50 or 60 badges, not a lot if you're running a lot of hcs or random normals and more useful than one single piece.

As blood tank I use the add on threat plates which lets you know if you're tanking each mob securely, more of a hassle as blood than it is as frost or if you're pally.
    I found the defence soft cap real easy as DK as well, stoneskin gargoyle helps a lot, but don't worry if you go over 540 as the def counts towards avoidance.

Hope some of this helps

Cerabret100

It does, and i'll probably be dragging my guildies in to help me run some stuff in order to bypass often unexcusable whining the randoms often bring.

Currently running normal ToC, but as dps and for some reason often in groups of nothing but plate wearers (seriously 3 Dk's and a warrior...though we kept farming because the poor tank couldn't get The Black Heart till about 5 runs after i had joined, and apparently he had been doing it all day).

Didn't know about Gundrak though so i'll definitely check it out, thanks.

TOC normal has some really good trinkets, you'll see lots of people that completely outgear the instance looking for the banner trinket or the black heart so could be why you're seeing all the plate wearers. Only bad thing about it is that running it over and over is pretty time consuming for no badges.
    It's a lvl 78 dungeon so you'll be fine tanking it, especially if you're with more patient guildies