Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Heroes killed by randoms

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    Ares and Artemis were wounded by Greek soldiers and had to retreat in Iliada
    Hercules was killed by a centaur
    Cerberus was defeated by Hercules first (well hercules was a demigod) and then by Thiseas, a mortal human.

So stop talking bull@#$% when you have no idea whatsoever.

they didnt die from it stop being a dumbass cerberus isnt a god

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Wasn't Hercules killed by poisoned clothing?
    exactly, he was killed by hydra's blood. people with no clue coming on here talking random crap is pathetic.

and lothar was never killed by doomhammer, he was ambushed by a bunch of ogres, rofl orcs didn't even dare do it themselves and have to rely on the overpowered orgre mages.

This thread now has my interest
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper
    exactly, he was killed by hydra's blood. people with no clue coming on here talking random crap is pathetic.

and lothar was never killed by doomhammer, he was ambushed by a bunch of ogres, rofl orcs didn't even dare do it themselves and have to rely on the overpowered orgre mages.
    This was retconned by Blizzard in their never ending quest to make the Horde look like less of douchebags. According to the novel "Tides of Darkness" Lothar and Doomhammer engaged in single combat at Blackrock mountain. They were pretty evenly matched, and Lothar probably could've won, but turns out his sword was of a shittier quality than the Doomhammer, so his sword snapped, the Doomhammer smashed his head, and someone, somewhere, said derp.

Now if they can retcon Doomhammer approving of torture, they might almost have made him into a nice guy...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper

it was centaur's blood
    the clothing was given by his bride which gave it to him because the dying centaur told her that her cheating on her(didn't love her anymore) and it was the only way to take him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion
    This was retconned by Blizzard in their never ending quest to make the Horde look like less of douchebags. According to the novel "Tides of Darkness" Lothar and Doomhammer engaged in single combat at Blackrock mountain. They were pretty evenly matched, and Lothar probably could've won, but turns out his sword was of a shittier quality than the Doomhammer, so his sword snapped, the Doomhammer smashed his head, and someone, somewhere, said derp.

Now if they can retcon Doomhammer approving of torture, they might almost have made him into a nice guy...
    I think they mostly had to retcon that sort of thing for WoW, as much as I wish the horde quests could be all about murder and mayhem, Blizzard has stated time and time again that neither faction is "good" and neither is "bad"

inb4 ignorant "future telling" about Garrosh's reign.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Séance
    I think they mostly had to retcon that sort of thing for WoW, as much as I wish the horde quests could be all about murder and mayhem, Blizzard has stated time and time again that neither faction is "good" and neither is "bad"

inb4 ignorant "future telling" about Garrosh's reign.
    They'll need to revamp a shit ton of Hillsbrad Horde quests to meet that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion
    They'll need to revamp a shit ton of Hillsbrad Horde quests to meet that goal.
    I suppose that's more or less true, The Forsaken are less cute and cuddly than the modern day orcs.
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Diomedes came really close, and that was just one man. I bet you have never heard of him however.

"He fights with fury and fills men's souls with panic. I hold him mightiest of them all; we did not fear even their great champion Achilles, son of an immortal though he be, as we do this man: his rage is beyond all bounds, and there is none can vie with him in prowess."

The goddes Aphrodite was once foolish enough to try and stand being this badass and his next kill. For slowing down his mad killing spree Diomedes chopped her in her fucking arm. She ran back home, and Diomedes taunted her as she ran back. He also attacked Apollo three times when he came to defend Aphrodite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

Quote Originally Posted by soygalol
    This.

btwCan u give me an example?cause im greek and don't remember/know such situations
    well u probably wasn't there 10 000 thousends of years ago.

In WoW we are random guys, and we kill Illidan, LK, KT, and even old gods.
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo
    well u probably wasn't there 10 000 thousends of years ago.
    Try a little over 2000 years ago to about 1600 years ago.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

Hmmmm....

Imagine Garrosh at a battlefield, yelling at us for not killing the gigantic drake in the right way.
    Garrosh then turns around to face the allience army who just arrived.
    He lets our a battlecry.

*Meanwhile*
    An archer in the allience army has parkinssons and lets go of his arrow.
    The arrow flies slowly, majesticaly thorugh the air.
    It hits Garrosh in the heart, ending his warcry.

*Epilogue*
    The fortunate archer is incinirated by Deathwing a moment later as he flies over the army.
    He is burnt to ashes and no one ever remembered who he or the 627 other unlucky fellas were.

Pleeeeeease Blizzard?

A more ration question would be why don't guys like Illidan, Arthas, or Kael have a priest with them to rez. I mean, we always just kinda leave the bodies where they fall.
    Oh my God. That's what raid resets are, aren't they?

getting killed by a random isn't neccesarily a bad thing (as far as deaths go, that is. In general they're quite bad no matter). Look at Boromir or whatever his name was. That wasn't a bad death yet it was just a bunch of randoms. Show me a hero dying to a solo random without having just completed his mission or similar accomplishment and I'll be surprised.

Also, why do people keep saying that "we" are random guys in WoW? It's been stated so many times I'm getting tired of repeating it that we are the new generation of heroes in the warcraft universe. Your character is, by the time he reaches dalaran, a legend in azeroth. You might have started out as a random, but so did most of the heroes. Arthas was just another prince in the menethil lineage. Illidan and Malfurion two nelf brothers growing up in their world. Thrall was "just" the son of a clanchief. Bolvar a soldier.

What made them heroes wasn't their lineage (tho that certainly helped in some cases) or their birth. But what happened in their life. Same goes for your character, as you said yourself you've killed Illidan, LK and even old gods. That's what makes your character a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff
    In WoW we are random guys, and we kill Illidan, LK, KT, and even old gods.
    Weird. I could have sworn each player is considered a champion and hero for his/her actions. I mean, Tirion doesn't yell "So be it. Random scrubs, attack!" when you aggro the Lich King.

I hate to break it to you, but my character is Exalted with 36ish factions and has been instrumental in slaying nearly every menace that has attracted the attention of the Alliance. I don't really consider him to be some random guy, and neither does a lot of the quest text. I don't know why some people are so happy being scrubs compared to NPCs just because they were in WC3 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by uraken
    I thought it was Paris who killed achilles, am i wrong no?

Yeah but paris was no hero, he was a pussy.

Now if it was hector who did it I would understand.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

You are only random until you are known?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leidus
    Weird. I could have sworn each player is considered a champion and hero for his/her actions. I mean, Tirion doesn't yell "So be it. Random scrubs, attack!" when you aggro the Lich King.
    pwn
    So why, I ask, it just doesn't make much sense
    That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress
    I mean what, may I inquire, were you thinking on that day
    When you conjured up for a man like me a robe that looks so gay

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir
    No, he was killed by spear struck in the back by evil (cunning) alliance soldier on horse. While he was fighting 8 more horsemen, and winning, orks rule, humans are fail...no
    This is made so people can hate alliance coz they re cheap and admire the strenght of the horde.
    I love how all the books say how cool, honorable, and powerfull horde is and how they say how cheap alliance is.
    I am stunned by the babble coming out of your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.