Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dsac / Aura mastery , who gets what ?

First of all , long long time reader - even longer time player - but first time poster. It'd be deeply appreciated if the flame was kept minimal (i know i know , silly me).

On topic my pala alt just reached 80. I am aiming for lolret mainspec and holy offspec. I have started working on my holy os so i don't know squat about spec/gear/gems but i've read some stuff about retris. i'm not going to do any HMs or serious raiding on my pala (at least not as ret). Finally my question : Sgould i (as a ret) get Dsac or go for aura mastery ? (a reason would be nice)

I am guessing w/e the ret is not taking the holy must take (i don't think prots have the points to spend on stuff like that).

/discuss (and excuse me if it's a repost )
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: Dsac / Aura mastery , who gets what ?

well usually all holy specs take aura mastery because it is in the holy tree, and only costs 1 talent point.
    Ret pallies have the core musthave talents, and with the remaining points, one can usually take aura mastery as well.

Holy paladins have a choice of Dsac, or crit from the ret tree, a balanced choice. Dsac is used generally on hard progression fights, bosses that haven't been downed that often. Crit is just straight up more healing throughput, so it can also be used for progression

I'm starting to think something is way way off with my retri spec... I had enough points to either go for Dsac or Aura Mastery , i went for the first since i pug raids mostly....
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

For ret:
    The core PvE DPS talents are: 5/5/55.

The most common PvE spec for 3.3 is: 11/5/55.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Newspaper
    I'm starting to think something is way way off with my retri spec... I had enough points to either go for Dsac or Aura Mastery , i went for the first since i pug raids mostly....
    a 5 man disac is worthless, and if you have the raidwide version hell you are gimping your dps

Bah , thanks for the fast replies guys really helped. Hadn't noticed that the Dsac i have is only party wide , will swap over to aura mastery then. (rest of the spec was identical , thank god).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Newspaper
    Bah , thanks for the fast replies guys really helped. Hadn't noticed that the Dsac i have is only party wide , will swap over to aura mastery then. (rest of the spec was identical , thank god).
    just dont get Divine intellect
    Unyielding faith / healing light is more useful then 250mana fully buffed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    just dont get Divine intellect
    Unyielding faith / healing light is more useful then 250mana fully buffed :P
    more like a choice of bad vs bad

your choice really

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn

your choice really
    how many time are you oom? never :P
    how many time do you get feared and the damn totem just pulsed? always happen with me
    how many time do you heal yourself? not a lot (except if you solo old raid like me ) but its better then nothing

well it's very boss dependant, but since ur not gonna go serius about it i wouldnt be too worried about it.

if ur serius u have 2 specs one with auramastery and 1 with raidwall.
    use raidwall on physical damage fights like marrowgar and putricide.
    use auramastery on magic fights like sapphiron/sindregosa or any of the VoA bosses if you're in there.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    well it's very boss dependant, but since ur not gonna go serius about it i wouldnt be too worried about it.

if ur serius u have 2 specs one with auramastery and 1 with raidwall.
    use partywall on physical damage fights like marrowgar and putricide.
    use auramastery on magic fights like sapphiron/sindregosa or any of the VoA bosses if you're in there.
    /fixed
    you lack the point to make it raidwide

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    how many time are you oom? never :P
    how many time do you get feared and the damn totem just pulsed? always happen with me
    how many time do you heal yourself? not a lot (except if you solo old raid like me ) but its better then nothing
    in a raid setting can be with DS procs, very rare though
    EMFH - go go human free trinket
    very rare in raids again

like i said: both are bad, your choice really

your choice really
    I dont believe that 12% extra healing is bad in any way. In fact, I think its a really good talent. You get to use it on almost every single fight in ICC (Maybe Saurfang as an exception).

If you are going for aura mastery it would be moronic not to take Healing Light.

On topic : Thanks for all the help guys , appreciate it

Off topic i just finished an icc25 pug.... my gear isn't quite good...or to be fair it's barely entry icc25 gear. Although i told the RL about me prolly failing he still got me along... Now with the 20% buff i think dps is hardly an issue... It might always be a failgrand strikes again thing but we failed at saurfang...i'm mean seriously?!?!?! When i looked recount i was 2nd(dmg done not dps ofc) with 7k dps (i'll link armory just for ze lols) and roughly 120k under the first. My first thought : Oh shi- we're screwed.

Off topic question : Apart from the obvious wep upgrade what else can i get without venturing too deep into icc (Nagrand <3 , well sorta)...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Heallarybuff

Damn just realised i logged out with tank gear :< anyway wep is http://www.wowhead.com/item=49802 so that will most likely tell you much about the rest of the fails we had in there. :-X

For what it's worth, Divine Intellect is a miniscule DPS increase due to the tiny increased spell crit.

So in the context of maximum DPS, it's the best route. In terms of practicality, well, you're making a choice of meh utility and meh healing vs. meh dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    For what it's worth, Divine Intellect is a miniscule DPS increase due to the tiny increased spell crit.
    A tiny spell crit increase on the tiny amount of dmg done by holy wrath = unnoticable

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin

So in the context of maximum DPS, it's the best route. In terms of practicality, well, you're making a choice of meh utility and meh healing vs. meh dps.
    0.004 dps is not what i call a dps increase..
    against undead it dont exist and you will get more dps out of getting out of fear earlier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    I dont believe that 12% extra healing is bad in any way. In fact, I think its a really good talent. You get to use it on almost every single fight in ICC (Maybe Saurfang as an exception).

If you are going for aura mastery it would be moronic not to take Healing Light.
    I get a free GCD maybe, maybe once every min, so i dont usually heal as Ret
    We can agree to disagree on this topic

all holy pallies should spec into aura mastery and D/Sac as the 5% crit from retri is more or less not needed, im sitting at 49% crit on my HL in the 54/17/0 spec so the 5% wont really do much anyway apart from overheal so the utility is much better along with imp sacred shield so you dont have to refesh every 30secs and can time it with the ring proc for a little bit extra absorbs.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account

I get a free GCD maybe, maybe once every min, so i dont usually heal as Ret
    We can agree to disagree on this topic
    There are a lot of places where you can FoL:

Marrowgar, when running around (since you're standing in Bro storm anyhow you'll probably have damage to heal).
    LDW, again if running around and you get hit by a Shadowbolt or something.
    Lootship, when standing around doing nothing while the adds spawn.
    Rotface, when running out of the esplostionator.
    Prof. Put, when (again) running around and taking damage.
    Prices, when you take damage while (again again) running around.
    BQL, during Air Phase.
    Dreamwalker, on, err, Dreamwalker (but usually yourself so the healers dont have to waste a cast time on you and can heal her instead)
    Sindragosa, when running from tombs during Air Phase (or to help keep yourself alive if you're like me and stay on the boss most of the time :P)
    Lich King, when running around and you had Infest just casted.