Poll: Are the new talents good?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm hunter talents...

4 VOTES MAX! Use 1 vote for each new talent please and the extra vote for the bottom 2 choices.

Btw I think trap launcher and cobra shot are usless and hunters shouldve got better talents

camoflage is only good talent.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Re: Cataclysm hunter talents...

Trap launcher is great. Is it a big flashy spell like Druid's mushroom bomb or priest's leap of faith? no, not really, but it will be very useful, especially for PvP.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

I want new pet!

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    Trap launcher is great. Is it a big flashy spell like Druid's mushroom bomb or priest's leap of faith? no, not really, but it will be very useful, especially for PvP.

Trap Launcher in its current incarnation is terrible, as it was said to have a 60 second cooldown, and frozen arrow would be removed. The trap arrow, may I remind, has a 30 second cooldown... meaning the only trap you ever want to shoot at a distance has its cooldown doubled.

Cobra Shot isn't a talent
    Camouflage isn't a talent
    Trap Launcher isn't a talent

and all the new abilities sound horrible

Well those aren't the new talents but the new abilities.

Trap launcher is great if the cooldown = CD of traps.
    Camo is ok.
    Cobra shot is meh.

EDIT: Damn got beaten to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

10+ Year Old Account

they all sound ok, the trap launcher would be pro if the traps damage got scaled up, unlike 50 hits from snake trap's deadly poison

wtb moar new spells/abilities/wutever!

voted "I want more types of pets" ... my addition to that is: to be raid viable

(sporebat plz )
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    you used the term parry gib... which is a myth

i like all of the changes,
    Camouflage - People haven't seen the real thing yet
    Cobra Shot - It's nice that BM have had Steady Shot replaced, but is this all they could come up with?
    Trap Launcher - Sounds cool and to tie it in a macro for your traps would mean it could be used in both PVE and PVP

Basically we have to wait for Beta and see what is changed.

Oh, and GIVE MORE PETS NOW!!!

The OLD camouflage was good, the new one sucks...

Cobra shot is meh, just steady shot for BM... unless it has some sort of proc or pet damage added to it, its boring

Trap Launcher has been a long time coming... allthough imo, just make every trap automatically launchable once you train the skill... (like freezing arrrow, you dont have to combo buttons in a row to launch it)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Trap Launcher in its current incarnation is terrible, as it was said to have a 60 second cooldown, and frozen arrow would be removed. The trap arrow, may I remind, has a 30 second cooldown... meaning the only trap you ever want to shoot at a distance has its cooldown doubled.
    ^ that

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi
    Cobra Shot isn't a talent
    Camouflage isn't a talent
    Trap Launcher isn't a talent

and all the new abilities sound horrible
    then can u answer this? Y did blizzard release the info as talents? Blizz are calling these moves talents

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk
    then can u answer this? Y did blizzard release the info as talents? Blizz are calling these moves talents

New Hunter Abilities

Cobra Shot (level 81): A new shot that deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage. This ability will share a cooldown with Steady Shot. This will give hunters an alternative to Steady Shot on heavily-armored targets, and we will have talent incentives in the Beast Mastery tree to make this a signature shot.

Trap Launcher (level 83): When used, the next trap can be shot to a location within 40 yards. This provides the current Freezing Arrow treatment to all traps and, as a result, we will be removing the current ability Freezing Arrow. 1-minute cooldown. No global cooldown.

Camouflage (level 85): The hunter enters an obscured state that prevents him or her from taking ranged damage. The character would still be subject to melee or area-of-effect attacks, and dealing or taking damage will break the Camouflage effect. The hunter can move and set traps when under Camouflage, and will receive a damage bonus when attacking while under Camouflage (which will then break the effect).

directly from the Hunter forums right here, about Hunter changes
    It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

"you are the offspring of some deformed idiot savant super-villain who an unfortunate belief in the pull-out method"

Deleted

I like turtles.

I want new pets!

Make Thunder Lizards tamable. Basilisks. Hydras. Mammoths. Shoveltusks. Those deer in the Draenei starting area. So many cool animals out there.
    Hunter 85 | Warlock 85 | Shaman 85 | Mage 85 | Druid 85 | Death Knight 85 | Paladin 77 | Warrior 70 | Rogue 60 | Priest 29

Cobra Shot is a replacement to Steady in BM trees, not really a "new" shot, per se.
    Trap Launcher is effectively removing our lvl 80 talent (Freezing Arrow) to combine all traps, then double the CD.
    Camouflage seems to be a Hunter version of smoke bomb (new rogue skill) in the sense that we cannot take ranged damage, except AOE, but we cannot do anything during it or we lose the effect.

Overall, I am underwhelmed. We lost our lvl 80 talent (I'm hoping they rectify this) and the new ones are just rehashes of other things we have already. Camo is deterrance, but only for ranged attacks (they specifically stated it is NOT an invis/stealth of any kind). I will need to see it in action before I am convinced. Maybe in PVE it will serve as another aggro drop like a priest's Fade?

Personally, I hope they add a new talent, maybe at the bottom of the BM tree that allows the Hunter to have 2 pets at once, similar to ghost wolves. Maybe a "Call Stable" skill that calls all of your active stabled pets (not the "banked" pets) to attack for a specificed duration. How bad-ass would it be to have a stampede of devilsaurs?

I'm also hoping more beasts become tameable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl

There are so many situations where I would've loved trap launcher, such as Valithria's suppressors. And yes, this will be a valuable pvp asset.

Are we sure this isn't a Mage thread? I'm seeing an awful lot of QQ, jumping to conclusions, and irrationality.

Maybe you've forgotten by now, but I seem to recall this funny bit of info about how Hunters were moving from a mana-based class to an energy-based class (RELAX, it totally has a different name). I don't think it's possible to understate how completely this changes the class. It's true that everybody is going to emerge vastly changed after the Mastery system is put into place and talents are redone, but right now, I'd bet 10-to-1 that Hunters will see, by far, the most changes of all.

The context of these new abilities will be completely different in Cata; I don't understand how you can complain now, knowing so little. I don't mean to offer the same old CATACLYSM WILL FIX IT line, because that's intellectually lazy too, but really, guys ... we don't even know if these new abilities will remain, or remain largely unchanged, before release.

I think it IS fair to say that there's a bent towards PVP here, with each of these abilities having obvious niches in a PVP environment. And you can complain about that, if you like, although Blizz always has ways of making PVP stuff useful in PVE too.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda
    Are we sure this isn't a Mage thread? I'm seeing an awful lot of QQ, jumping to conclusions, and irrationality.
    The problem isn't that we think these abilities are bad or underwhelming. The problem is, they're all so boring as hell. As was stated, cobra shot is literally just a re-skin of steady shot. Trap launcher is just a re-skin of freezing arrow. Camoflauge they've been promising us for years, just like infinite ammo, and haven't managed to deliver anything that worked, so now they're going to give us an ability that doesn't have a lot of uses instead. Unless you can use it in combat while someone is casting, it won't be very useful in PvE or PvP, and if you can, it really just becomes another feign death or deterrence vs. ranged (as was stated as well).

We were hoping for an exciting ability life life grip, something that might actually change the class some. As far as we can tell, Cataclysm will have us going CS AiS SS SS SS SS repeat until the end of time. Awesome! Just, try and understand how insanely boring our class preview changes were.

Deleted

Camo is fecking shit, its another detterence spell ffs, give us something better..