Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worst Scammer Email Ever??

This email is so bad it made me lol so I thought I'd share it with you.

Greetings!

We are very sorry to inform you that your account occurred in the number of illegal transactions in a very long period of time. We have not received any complaints about your transactions. But if other players send complaints about your account to us, we will permanently ban your account.

So we have issued this warning letters to you. You should go to the account management website to check your account status as soon as possible(http://us.battle.net/account), you can also find them here.

Sincerely,

Bill Mushkin
    Blizzard Entertainment

Deleted

Re: Worst Scammer Email Ever??

Yet 10% of every person who got the mail gve information because they are idiots.

I've seen worse. This email I got isn't about wow, but my god what the hell is typing it? A lizard?

We have nrganized this salb specially for men suffering from impotence anr small penis!

The best pharmacists have finaldy created the most efrectbve erectile
    dysfunction treaiment!
    <Link with random letters and numbers>
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    I've seen worse. This email I got isn't about wow, but my god what the hell is typing it? A lizard?

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

10+ Year Old Account

I've recieved far worse scam emails, this one h0wever is actually related to the topic Hopefully you'll be able to read it. Obviously this was not a scam, so I gave them my account details, joking of course ;D

Edit: ok, its hard to read, here's the brief.
    Dear World of Warcraft players,Blizzadr system scan to your account insecurity, please log the safety net,orelse Blizzadr will stop using uoir rights in noe hour.Certification of warcraft account information site (http://www.inconspicuous_address_def...t.this_is_real)

Yours sincerely, Blizzard Inc, Blizzard @ 2009 Blizzard Inc, all rights reserved
    By the way, that's not the actual URL I was told to go to, but I won't post the proper address, just in case someone actually visits the site
    Oh. And yes, that is exactly how it was spelt, grammar and punctuation fails included.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny
    I've recieved far worse scam emails, this one h0wever is actually related to the topic Hopefully you'll be able to read it.
    haha, thats awesome
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The biggest fail on those emails are the links.
    A friend of mine(using IE7 or smthg) put his account info in one of those. and luckily for firefox users it warns u before pressing one of the links

orldofwarcraft.com and write in your account name and password .... if u can't see the irony i'll show it for you!

orldofwarcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by pomop

E-mails are done like that to get around spam filters. Those filters look for certain words so they spell things all messed up like that in order to trick the filters.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    E-mails are done like that to get around spam filters. Those filters look for certain words so they spell things all messed up like that in order to trick the filters.
    But.... it was in my spam folder. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Al'akir the windlord
    orldofwarcraft.com and write in your account name and password .... if u can't see the irony i'll show it for you!

orldofwarcraft.com
    vvorldofwarcraft.com is a decent one

This one fails for a number of reasons.. mainly the US phone number and site as I play on EU servers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, OH SNAP I got the same email as OP

Greetings!rsxmcp0xnxyn3lrthfo3rarqh41zzgxnbiicltxhy77

We are very sorry to inform you that your account occurred in the number of illegal transactions in a very long period of time. We have not received any complaints about your transactions. But if other players send complaints about your account to us, we will permanently ban your account.

So we have issued this warning letters to you. You should go to the account management website to check your account status as soon as possible(us.battle.net/account), you can also find them here.

Sincerely,

Bill Mushkin
    Blizzard Entertainment
    ddfo6sei4jn953me382kliqi

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack

Also, OH SNAP I got the same email as OP

That Bill Mushkin gets around. Also, I noticed those invisible random numbers/letters when I went to copy + paste but I deleted them in my post. What do those do though?

This one fails for a number of reasons.. mainly the US phone number and site as I play on EU servers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I find this email odd. It's obviously a fake considering the address where the email came from. But what gets me is that the hyperlinks in the email are links to authentic Blizzard sites, which wouldn't have any adverse effect on your account security. If anyone can explain to me how that could be bad, I'd be appreciative. The only theory I can postulate is that when clicked, the hyperlinks don't take you to the advertised website, but to an outside phishing site, but I'm not sure that's possible considering the hyperlink is displayed right there for you.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

No idea what they do :3 Kinda strange though I must admit

Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin
    I find this email odd. It's obviously a fake considering the address where the email came from. But what gets me is that the hyperlinks in the email are links to authentic Blizzard sites, which wouldn't have any adverse effect on your account security. If anyone can explain to me how that could be bad, I'd be appreciative. The only theory I can postulate is that when clicked, the hyperlinks don't take you to the advertised website, but to an outside phishing site, but I'm not sure that's possible considering the hyperlink is displayed right there for you.
    The first link sends you too a different website worlidofwacraft the others are actually the real sites.

Please, more. This thread is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Links can easily be renamed.

No idea what they do :3 Kinda strange though I must admit

The first link sends you too a different website worlidofwacraft the others are actually the real sites.
    How can you tell? It appears to read worldofwarcraft.com.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

that's exactly why many of the fake email web addresses are bad, anyone can type in an address and make it look legit then use html/bbcode or whatever to redirect you to some other website.

Kinda like this: www.google.com

The link says it's Google but will direct you back to MMOC.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    This email is so bad it made me lol so I thought I'd share it with you.
    hmm.. They know you have been doing illegal transactions yet... they have not received any complaints.. Bill mushkin.. dunno man SOUNDS LEGIT. :

How is a raven like a writing desk?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    that's exactly why many of the fake email web addresses are bad, anyone can type in an address and make it look legit then use html/bbcode or whatever to redirect you to some other website.

Kinda like this: www.google.com

The link says it's Google but will direct you back to MMOC.
    Ahh... Gotcha. I just didn't know if that trick would work since you're actually typing in an internet address into the "link description." I thought maybe there be some kind of protection against that blatant misrepresentation of a hyperlink.