Page 1 of 404
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Draenei Appreciation Thread

I understand and respect everyone's opinion when it comes to the sensitive topic of the Draenei but, for the sake of optimism I think those of us who really enjoy their presence should have a place to talk about what they love the most about the Draenei!

I think in the opposite direction of those who don't like the Draenei lore. I believe they were well implemented and provide the current lore with a nice connection to the other worlds.

The titans did create other planets and other species and I think having the Draenei on our side against the Burning Legion is a well streamlined representation of uniting the races of all the planets against evil instead of say a dozen different alien races joining Azeroth in a Star Trek like battle against the Burning Legion.

I do think a lot of misunderstanding of the Draenei as a lore figure comes from the game Mechanics of WoW. A lot of people are led to believe that the lore regarding them isn't well done because of the lack of support for their story in game.

In game we see them all over the place with the Alliance in the major player hubs; Ironforge, Stormwind, and Dalaran yet their own capital is like a ghost town.

I don't want to de-rail the topic into discussing game mechanics because those short comings are somewhat understandable but, I believe that if more people understood that lore wise the Draenei, being aliens and all, are for the most part keeping to their selves and staying on Azuremyst Isle within Exodar and you really wouldn't see many at all outside of that unless they were a representative of some sort.

As far as their current involvement with our affairs in Northrend you just have to look at the NPC Draenei there. It's only going to the Priests and Shamans driven by their connection to the Naaru to support the armies working against the scourge.

At this point they crashed on azeroth, cleaned up Outland, and now are just making a life for them selves on our planet. It's only been a couple of years that they have been with us so no, we are not going to see any major involvement from them at this point. They have no reason to fight with us in Northrend other than the fact that scourge are bad and living is nice.

I do see the where people can see this as shortcomings to their story especially when contrasted with the Blood Elves who have roots in the lore since the beginning of Warcraft but, I do not see these mistakes. Instead I see them as something unavoidable when implementing a truly new race.

I would like to reiterate that I am not trying to have a discussion on whether the Draenei or a good thing or a bad thing. Those who do not think the Draenei are good thing have equally valid and substantial opinions as my self or anyone else. In short if you don't like Draenei than please make an "I Don't like Draenei" thread :P

Bahumut5: Asking for PM's WILL get you a ban. Do not ask for PM's
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2010-06-14 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Adding the new rule.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Draenei Appreciation Thread

DRAENEI R COOLZ
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Whatchu talkin bout willis?

How is a raven like a writing desk?

10+ Year Old Account

Draenei FTW, one of the factors that got me into the game. A blue skinned alien with hooves and face tentacles, yes please!

Here's to hoping we get more lore/settlements (I've seen what we have as of yet, but it isn't much :\)
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

10+ Year Old Account

1 word.
    Waggle.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420
    Draenei FTW, one of the factors that got me into the game. A blue skinned alien with hooves and face tentacles, yes please!

Here's to hoping we get more lore/settlements (I've seen what we have as of yet, but it isn't much :\)
    To be honest I don't think we are going to see much more development of their interactions with us until we get closer to fighting the Burning Legion again. So probably in a future expansion.

Whereas Cataclysm is going to focus on Azeroth and all of our crazy problems here I am sure we see other planets again. Probably not to the scope of an entire continent like Outland but maybe a raid zone or something similar.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I think the Draenei are unjustly being shunned and talked ill about. They're an awesome race, and Velen is positively amazing.

Also

Hmm, I haven't seen anything negative towards Draeneis for a while. Not even a single person mentioning "Space-Goats". I only hear positive things about them...

Then again, might just be us roleplayers. :

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz
    I think the Draenei are unjustly being shunned and talked ill about. They're an awesome race, and Velen is positively amazing.

Also
    This =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    1 word.
    Waggle.
    *drool*

Also, inb4 this turns into a Draenei pr0n thread. So far it's only softcore and that doesn't count!

Think it is annoying that Blizzard have forgotten about them

I love Draenei females, i think they are the best thing you can play in Wow

Their presence inspires a 1% increase to hit for me IRL.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danne9423
    Think it is annoying that Blizzard have forgotten about them

I love Draenei females, i think they are the best thing you can play in Wow
    I don't believe they have forgotten about the Draenei. They are just no longer the focus of the story. They cleaned up Outland and now are just trying to settle in and live their lives. They have only been on Azeroth for a couple of years so they don't have a foundation to build armies off of and charge into Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu
    I don't believe they have forgotten about the Draenei. They are just no longer the focus of the story. They cleaned up Outland and now are just trying to settle in and live their lives. They have only been on Azeroth for a couple of years so they don't have a foundation to build armies off of and charge into Northrend.
    But they can atleast update their zone in Cata and give them a new base

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree, Draenei should get to do something.

Seeing as how the Night Elves are getting slapped in Ashenvale, and the Draenei have a small presence in Ashenvale, I'd love to see them help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie
    *drool*

Also, inb4 this turns into a Draenei pr0n thread. So far it's only softcore and that doesn't count!
    I could go beyond that, but I don't want to be banned, srsly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ideally it would be nice if they kept both the Blood Elf and Draenei starting areas the same until that player reached level 80 than it would phase into a more developed zone reflecting the Cataclysm and progression of lore.

But in reality it's almost not worth it because neither of those zones or capitals are major player hubs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Give Draenei something new, some zone or some area in a zone. That's all I ask!

Here's more to appriciate.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu
    actually they do, if you do the quest for the dreanei chick in boarean thundra she says the dreanei came charging in to help the alliance but they got turned down because the alliance dont fully trust them yet

Basicly alliance are pricks and sent them back home

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize
    actually they do, if you do the quest for the dreanei chick in boarean thundra she says the dreanei came charging in to help the alliance but they got turned down because the alliance dont fully trust them yet

Basicly alliance are pricks and sent them back home
    Link to "the chick" or the quest please.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't recall the specific quest he is referring to but there was one where a quest giver mentioned the lack of trust for the Draenei but it wasn't a female Draenei quest giver.