Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The reason there are so many bad low level rogues

The problem:

A: Rogues starting with daggers, and daggers being called the most iconic rogue weapon.
    B: Sinister strike being the first attack a rogue gets, which they are taught to spam. And being further encouraged to spec combat for levelling.

They just don't go well together! Like, at all. Rogues should either start with a slow sword in the mainhand for proper Sinister Strikes, or given a new level 1 abilty that benefits from daggers more. All these rogues doing awful dps spamming sinister strike with some lame as 1.40 speed dagger in the mainhand exist because they aren't taught any better.

And you, who bought 2x boa daggers and levelled as combat, maybe you did do fine, but you could have done MUCH better if you got the 2.60 speed boa mace. If you want to use daggers be Sub and use ambush to 1-shot mobs and go muti at 50.

I hope in Cata they fix low level rogues so there won't be so many awful ones. Cheers.

Edit: I'm not saying rogues are hard to level, I'm just sick of seeing other rogues (even level 80 ones) who are still using SS with daggers. I'm saying rogues are taught wrong and most of the players suck!

Re: The reason there are so many bad low level rogues

so let me ask is the BOA swords, Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and Battleworn Thrash Blade are ok or are the maces better

here's my armory if you need to see it
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...llow&cn=Kurnoc

agreed I think you have a very good point, swords or other slow weapons would be a much better idea considering the base abilities we get, I found that of my 5 level 80s my rogue was by far the hardest to level and using half of our mechanics (mainly stealth) just slowed the leveling experience, maybe blizz need to look into this. however the new HoT spell intended to increase the ease of leveling sounds very nice, good to know Blizzard developers are still thinking of newbies
    [URL=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&cn=Ghostrogue]
    If in doubt...Vanish

I'm sorry?
    Are you trying to state that rogues are hard to level, or takes a while to level?

Last time i checked rogues are up there at the top when it comes to leveling speed, sharing the spot (out of the new lol_im_a_tank_or_healer_leveling_in_randoms) with BM hunters and affliction locks...

And dont blame it on the fact that rogues start with 2 daggers and get SS as their first attack, thats just pahetic.
    It is the same as saying that all mages are going to level as frost since the first abillity they have on their bar is frostbolt...

EDIT::
    I forgot to add that a big part of leveling ANY class is learning how it works, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes.
    If blizzard wass to make rogues start with a 2.6 speed sword/mage/whatever they'd be screwing Ass_specc and Sub_specc over since those two speccs require the use of daggers!
    - Basicly you're starting with the weapons that 66% of the rogue speccs use

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar
    I'm sorry?
    Are you trying to state that rogues are hard to level, or takes a while to level?

Last time i checked rogues are up there at the top when it comes to leveling speed, sharing the spot (out of the new lol_im_a_tank_or_healer_leveling_in_randoms) with BM hunters and affliction locks...

And dont blame it on the fact that rogues start with 2 daggers and get SS as their first attack, thats just pahetic.
    It is the same as saying that all mages are going to level as frost since the first abillity they have on their bar is frostbolt...

I forgot to add that a big part of leveling ANY class is learning how it works, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes.
    If blizzard wass to make rogues start with a 2.6 speed sword/mage/whatever they'd be screwing Ass_specc and Sub_specc over since those two speccs require the use of daggers!
    You talk so much crap that you forget mages start with Fireball.

10+ Year Old Account

QQ moar

Seriousely.. we used to start with 1, yes 1 dagger. And no DW.

Rogues used to be the hardest to level from 1-10, now its a walk in the park. Also.. what does it matter that you get daggers.. you will replace em in DM anyway.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Holo
    Rogues used to be the hardest to level from 1-10, now its a walk in the park.
    Paladin tbh

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire
    Paladin tbh
    Priest by far, paladins are mail so they take more damage on top of the fact they are built to white attack at the beginning, with a Priest you run out of mana and don't have a wand? Have a nice corpse run my man.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

If rogues haven't learned how to play properly, and blame their starting zone experience for this? They deserve to suck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

LOL my first roll was a rogue... I was terrible , i remember sfk my first chest and i was like :O "lockpicking wut!" i never used sneak or poison... and only got to lvl14 after 2 weeks play , ive changed alot ;p know known as the fastest lvler in my guild hell yea... deleted this rogue recently- he was a douche
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

i never used sneak
    And THAT is why low level rogues are bad. 75% of the population are total retards who are no where near intelligent enough to read tooltips.

Annoying Edit:
    Cleaned that up for you. You should probably review our Forum Guidelines, especially this part:
    13.6.1. Unnecessary quoting

I'm sorry?
    Neither, learn to read dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo
    Rogues used to be the hardest to level from 1-10, now its a walk in the park. Also.. what does it matter that you get daggers.. you will replace em in DM anyway.
    Yeah replace them with some other lame ass dagger wile you are still combat speced, instead of getting a proper sword because you don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire
    Paladin tbh
    Paladins are the Most Annoying to level to 50.

But still easy.

Just nod and say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    Priest by far, paladins are mail so they take more damage on top of the fact they are built to white attack at the beginning, with a Priest you run out of mana and don't have a wand? Have a nice corpse run my man.
    druids are just as hard 1-10

I'm sorry?

Hurrrrrp derp. Rgoues are definitely far from one of the easiest classes to level, no self healing very gear dependent. Until you get some items that are actually useful its slow as shit. I have leveled a toon of every class, i play the game well. Rogue is nowhere near the easiest

Newflash: Weapons are not the reason rogues are bad at low level. Weapons are merely a tool in the hands of the one controlling the toon. If he sucks with daggers giving him a mace or sword will not improve his playing ability.

Thats like saying because Joe started with one weapon back before they changed rogues he sucks as he leveled because when he got dual wield he couldn't figure it out because one weapon was just fine! Sorry, but if Joe is too lazy to read about his class, look up information, or just learn about his class in general whatever weapon he started with has absolutely ZERO effect on his ability as he leveled.
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

are you the king of guys that reads 124 pages of theorycrafting, when starting a lvl 1 alt?
    i for sure am not.

i can see OP's problem, and i also see what is wrong. Daggers and SS is not the best combo, and such, rogues are taught that it is a good combo (since its the only thing they have from the start).

You dont expect a newbie to the game to read theorycrafting. I mean, those who suck at lowlevels are usually the ones that havent played the game the most (not the hardcore endgame raiders). It is usually new players. A even thou the player is good, he might not have read said 124 pages of theory just to lvl from 1-10.

On the other hand, its not the biggest problem in the world. If one doesnt do it right, he sure as hell gotta know it (i mean, if it takes 30 mins to kill 1 mobs, somethings wring).
    I remember when i lvled my warrior, a LONG time ago (think 4 years+). I was about lvl 5-6, and i kept dying. I just did not know why. I found out, later. I used a 1H without a shiled, where i should ofc have used a 2H. I was new to the game, and i sucked.

Or just make SS more fool-friendly and change it so it works like hemo?(about equal if not higher dmg with daggers).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't see it as that great an issue. Daggers with SS will function fine if all you ever do is spam SS with daggers most of the basic leveling life and then push eviscerate every so often for about 50% of leveling life.

The game introduces other abilities as you go and if you fail to use those abilities or try to experiment and see what does better then it is NOT the fault of the game, weapons, or abilities but that of the player.
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

10+ Year Old Account

another newsflash: Cataclysm, AKA the "leveling" expac (in my mind, what with so much happening to the old world). Lots of classes are having 1-60 completely redone so that it makes more sense, and helps the player to know what they should be using as far as spec, and weapons / gearing go, right from the get go. We will most likely get news within the month of ALL the changes that are happening to leveling. I would assume they would start rogues off with swords in cata, seeing as they get duel wield right away now.
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back