Deleted

Arena Spectating

Well im watching MLG right now and i was just thinking about if there will be an Spectate Mode for Arena sometime in Cataclysm. Why does Blizzard enable MLG that spectate "addon" and not on life realms for public players. Something like "Enable beeing spectated" should be included in Arena teams so you could chose if you want others to spectate you or not to. I hope this comes sometime for World of Warcraft would be awesome

What do you think about that?

Re: Arena Spectating

Won't this result in the top rated teams bringing a spy in with them. Someone who can spectate, watch the enemy and call things out over vent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted

Well therefore i said there should be something included to chose if you are able to be spectated or not able to be spectated read carefully next time and well what should a spy see what the enemy players wont see? This isnt Warcraft 3 or Starcraft

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama
    Well therefore i said there should be something included to chose if you are able to be spectated or not able to be spectated read carefully next time and well what should a spy see what the enemy players wont see? This isnt Warcraft 3 or Starcraft
    Where people are stealthed.

They can put some delay on it (like 10 second delay) like xfire streams.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, this would pretty much be abused instantly.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

If I remember correctly even HLTV-spectating can be set to a certain delay. There, easy fix for the "abuse".
    Regarding the OP: yes, this would be much appreciated and very fun to use, either watching good teams or just when idling and waiting for something.

I vote for this to be in the xpac, would be great as Wixie said.

lol cs has sourcetv and is an established game in esports

people saying it will be abused have never played games

A 30 sec delay would be enough.

Deleted

In a perfect world, this would be very nice, but since all arenas of one BG are hosted on the same server, having spectators in some games would increase the lag even for those with the option off. Therefore, as much as I'd like to spend my spare time watching others doing arenas live, I'd rather have my games with less lag. With the shift to rated battlegrounds along with possible new age hardware upgrades however, this could be added with no visible effect upon gameplay

Teams that want some publicity just stream their games So, you do not need any spectator mode.

10+ Year Old Account

CHIKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

What? I had to do it.

But all in all. I think this is a good idea. I like watching arena games.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

This is a great idea as long as they put in that 30 second delay. It would be a great way fro people who are having trouble with arena or are new to it to watch some of the best people and learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr
    Teams that want some publicity just stream their games So, you do not need any spectator mode.
    Apart from in game, there is no shit quality, also you get to choose who's POV you want to watch, not just the streamer's.

A good idea, but very open to abusing.

/signed

30 sec-1 min delay with stop any abuse from happening, and would be a much better way to view arena than watching vids, as you can also see all the mistakes made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

For those saying it could be abused i don't get it.. there is such a latency in just communicating alone that even a "coach" watching wouldn't be able to make or break anything and if those coaches are that good then the top teams would just have good coaches.

I would love to see a spectator mode.. TOC should have had a spectator mode as well. They could have made it a mini-city where you had drink vendors to sit around and watch the trial.

I think there is enough vent traffic or yelling at each other if sitting side by side that a coach yelling would only confuse matters instead of making them better. What a coach could do is analyze the match and make improvements for the next one or help improve strat.

10+ Year Old Account

TBH it would be a good option for raids aswell for example allowing new guild members to tag along to learn the tactics...

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    For those saying it could be abused i don't get it.. there is such a latency in just communicating alone that even a "coach" watching wouldn't be able to make or break anything and if those coaches are that good then the top teams would just have good coaches.

I would love to see a spectator mode.. TOC should have had a spectator mode as well. They could have made it a mini-city where you had drink vendors to sit around and watch the trial.

I think there is enough vent traffic or yelling at each other if sitting side by side that a coach yelling would only confuse matters instead of making them better. What a coach could do is analyze the match and make improvements for the next one or help improve strat.
    This^^
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    TBH it would be a good option for raids aswell for example allowing new guild members to tag along to learn the tactics...
    youtube videos

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE