Best racial for ele shammy (horde Faction)

Hey guys i was wondering what racial is best for Elemental Shamans.

Thank you for reading.

Re: Best racial for ele shammy (horde Faction)

I'm gonna try to be nice here, cause there's plenty of ways for you to find this out other then just making a new post.

Orcs have +expertise to fist and axe weapons, they have +damage to pets, and a trinket-like ability that increases your AP/SP. Pretty much the best race for horde shamans.

Trolls have a trinket-like ability that gives you +20% attack/casting speed. 2nd best race for horde shamans.

Tauren have +stamina and a AoE Stun. Could be somewhat useful for PvP but has no distinct PvE applications.

inb4 flames

I think it depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on playing enhance orc is best bet. I think ele the troll racial is better and for pvp I think tauren for stomp hex. If you really aren't sure what spec or if you are going to do much pvp, I would go with orc as an all around good race. sp/ap boost and stun duration decrease for pvp.

fail at reading. Just noticed you said ele in title. If you are strictly pve I would go troll if you pvp as well I would go tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A
    I'm gonna try to be nice here, cause there's plenty of ways for you to find this out other then just making a new post.

Orcs have +expertise to fist and axe weapons, they have +damage to pets, and a trinket-like ability that increases your AP/SP. Pretty much the best race for horde shamans.

Trolls have a trinket-like ability that gives you +20% attack/casting speed. 2nd best race for horde shamans.

Tauren have +stamina and a AoE Stun. Could be somewhat useful for PvP but has no distinct PvE applications.

inb4 flames
    Well said
    Or you could break it down like so
    Enhancement - Orcs, for the exp to weapons, and AP buff (however 20% haste isn't too far behind)
    Resto/Ele - Trolls, 20% haste, nuff said.
    PVP shamans can concider any race, but taurens have some pvp utility (but theres nothing wrong with another AP/SP trinket or 20% haste for super burst)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeandbake
    Resto/Ele - Trolls, 20% haste, nuff said.
    Berserking doesn't provide 20% increased haste, but it increases your attack and casting speed by 20%. There's difference.

OP: I wouldn't go for racials when choosing a race, but the looks. Blizzard's changing all racials in game to make some more balance, so everything can be turned upside down.

I dont paly a shammy (I intend to roll a troll in cata though) but Berserker for Ele looks cool tbh,but we dont know racials for cata yet so I would wait a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

Thanks for replying to this all have been helpfull

I play a troll ele and I would say that the orcs are better because you can stack their racial more effectively with bloodlust and elemental mastery. The orcs are the best damage dealing race the horde has caster or melee. Like was mentioned before, the racials are all going to be rebalanced, so I wouldn't bank on them.

my $.02

I'm just gonna copy paste what i wrote in a post like 2 months ago debating the same subject.

"Orc racial = 163 sp for 15 secs with a 2 min cd
    Thats a total of 163*15/120 = 20.375 SP (if used on every cd)

Troll racial: 20% haste for 10 secs ( 32.79 * 20 = 655.8 haste) with a 3 min cd
    thats a total of 655.8*10/180 = 36.433 haste (if used on every cd)
    "

So basicly you have the choice between 36 haste and 20 sp, it's up to you to decide what would be the biggest overall increase for you.

I'd say for PvE roll with whatever you like the best, since not even best racials will get you playing a character you don't like to watch.
    However if you want to maximize your performance in PvP, take a look here:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings.../Horde/Shaman/
    I'd say that each race is equally represented, and it all comes to personal preference, at least as a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A

inb4 flames
    no flames just plan stupid, the berserking wins anyday.

consider the icc trinkets you'll be using (hopefully) DFO & phylatercy, when these pop u want a haste cooldown so u can pack in as many spells with your huge spellpower as possible.

same for RS trinket 163 haste +751 spellpower proc.

also more haste cooldowns = more elemastery CD's = more spells.

also engineering glove enchant = more haste Cd's

dunno what the expertise was about he did say ele, not enha.

Deleted

Given enough haste rating on gear, you'll have to separate Bloodlust/Elemental Mastery/Berserking/Engineering Glove Enchant if you want to avoid GCD clipping. Orc racial isn't necissarily better, but at least you can pop it when you like.

and popping blood fury when your trinkets are up and hitting like 6-7k sp is pretty hot. at max gear you're gonna be at the haste soft cap and as the person above me says, you'll be separating your haste cds anyways. so for enhance (axe/fist expertise), caster/enhance (bloodfury ap/sp), and pvp (stun duration reduced), orc is pretty good overall comparative to the tauren (hp/stomp really only helpful in pvp) and berserking (good in pvp but not as highly in pve)

Well the orc racial stacks better with haste and the troll racial stacks better with trinket procs. I have played an orc (before i went ally (darn i miss it)) and i thought of becoming a troll cause you can spread your haste cd for quite some time. Starting with 15 sec ele mastery, then 12 sec gloves, then 10 sec of Berserking, then hero (presumably you pop it when you want) 40 sec, then EM again for 15, and gloves for 12, and a pot for 15. That gives you a haste boost for a good 2 minutes.

Id like to add to the people saying that orc has a "trinket like ability"... Not sure what BF stacks with but with ~3700sp and ~25k mana and ~30k HP It gives a wopping 163sp for 15 seconds.... So maybe its a "lvl 60 trinket like ability".. Troll is 5x better than orc for ELE.