Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Conflag or Chaos Bolt?

For destro pve, part of the rotation is to keep both conflag and chaos bolt on CD at all times, but....

what if BOTH are on CD? is one better to use before the other? or negligable?

Deleted

Re: Conflag or Chaos Bolt?

First conflag then chaos bolt for the simple fact that if conflag crit, the dmg of destr / fire spells are increased with X % for 9 sec (same duration as CD of conflag).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

makes sense, thanks =)

pyroclasm is the talent name
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

no that is wrong. 6% damage IF the previous spell crits is minimal. the rotation goes : Immo>CB>Conflag>Incineratex3 + additional incinerates depending on your haste.
    and that is because otherwise u will use one of the backdraft stacks in a hasted CB which is a waste. 3 hasted incinerates is what your should aim for
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Makeleth
    no that is wrong. 6% damage IF the previous spell crits is minimal. the rotation goes : Immo>CB>Conflag>Incineratex3 + additional incinerates depending on your haste.
    and that is because otherwise u will waste one of the backdraft stacks in a hasted CB which is a waste. 3 hasted incinerates is what your should aim for
    pref

CoE -> Immolate -> Conflagrate -> choasbolt -> Spam Incinirate till u think its ready to fresh immolate, then u can do a conflagrate again, then one incinirate and then chaosbolt is rdy then u do chaosbolt and keep spamming incinirate again :P

why use one of the backdraft stacks in a CB that already has less casting time and does more damage than incinerate?
    ask any serious destro lock they will tell u the same. Never waste a backdraft stack on CB.
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Distortion
    pref

CoE -> Immolate -> Conflagrate -> choasbolt -> Spam Incinirate till u think its ready to fresh immolate, then u can do a conflagrate again, then one incinirate and then chaosbolt is rdy then u do chaosbolt and keep spamming incinirate again :P

There is a small amount of time before you can cast conflag after immo hits, which if you dont start casting something else like CB, would mean a loss of dps.

the rotation goes : Immo>CB>Conflag>Incineratex3 + additional incinerates depending on your haste.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

10+ Year Old Account

from using my warlock(alt) as destro, I prefer Curse of Elemnts,immolate,chaos bolt then conflagrate. Since chaos bolt is short enough cast time you could use the backdraft stacks on 3 incenerates

i use that time to cast CoE, and move into postion if needed... my roation:

Immolate --> CoE --> Conflag -- > CB --> Incinerate x3

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls
    i use that time to cast CoE, and move into postion if needed... my roation:

Immolate --> CoE --> Conflag -- > CB --> Incinerate x3
    CoE before everything. I just didnt mention it in my rotation earlier because it is considered granted.

dunno if i got this right... this is my OPENER!
    for the rest of the fight you dont have to cast CoE (maybe once, if the fight is a bit long), plus, you wont have a problem with the small time between immolate cast and conflagrate activation.

and that is because otherwise u will use one of the backdraft stacks in a hasted CB which is a waste. 3 hasted incinerates is what your should aim for
    Nonsense. Unless your CB goes well below the GC under backdraft it doesn't matter if you cast it after conflag. Whether you use a hasted CB or incin, it all adds up to the exact same dps - just do the math. Using conflag before CB is simply smarter because there's a very big chance you'll cast the next CB under Pyroclasm's effect. 6% is not minimal.

Immo->cor if latency doesn't allow you to instantly conflag->conflag->incinX# => conflag and CB whenever they're up. || If both are up simultaneously you ALWAYS conflag first. || If Immolate drops off right after conflag you Immolate right away. Casting 3x hasted incinerates on a target without Immolate is a bigger dps loss than casting 1 hasted sub-GC immolate and 2 incinerates.

Destro is a braindead spec to play averagely and a very challenging spec to play well. It's all about priorities and choices.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

The only time you should ever have to worry about the Immolate + Conflag delay is in your starting prio on the boss. It's not a client side lag thing, it's a server side issue that leave Conflagrate unusable until the game registers Immolate being on the target. Here is what my starting prio looks like...

Immolate > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Curse of Doom > Incinerate spam

Any other time that Chaos Bolt and Conflag happen to come off CD together, Conflag has priority.

The reason for delaying Curse of Doom is that you get extra damage out of it via trinket procs, ring proc, cloak proc, and a possible Pyroclasm proc. It makes the initial CoD hit harder, which is never a bad thing.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    There is a small amount of time before you can cast conflag after immo hits, which if you dont start casting something else like CB, would mean a loss of dps.
    WRONG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    WRONG
    Prove it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Prove it.
    Agreed.

After your initial immolate you have about a 1.5sec window where you can't conflag. If you sit and wait for that 1.5sec gap when you could be doing something else then you are an idiot. Thats the same as being deeper in the rotation and seeing that your CB only has 1sec left on it so you wait for it instead of casting another incinerate where you can use CB faster. It dont' make sense in the whole of things and drops you down a bit on charts.

Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo
    Agreed.

After your initial immolate you have about a 1.5sec window where you can't conflag. If you sit and wait for that 1.5sec gap when you could be doing something else then you are an idiot. Thats the same as being deeper in the rotation and seeing that your CB only has 1sec left on it so you wait for it instead of casting another incinerate where you can use CB faster. It dont' make sense in the whole of things and drops you down a bit on charts.
    The GCD?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    The GCD?
    Yea... I'm talking about on top of GCD. You played destro or you just here for the fun of it? The game acts like immolate has an air time to reach the target (like shadowbolt) even though it don't. You cast immolate and you cannot coflag right away, it's about 1.5-2sec after the GCD. So you start a CB before the conflag to prevent downtime.

Conflag, Always. Conflag is your 3rd highest DPCT spell, the first two being Immolate and Curse of Doom{this is including the damage boost Immolate gives}. Immo>conflag>CB and Immo>cb>conflag are very very close to eachother damage-wise, it's fairly negligible which you choose, but I personally use Immo>cb>conflag due to standing htere for .2 seconds just annoys me. If you have another immolate on the target though, Use Immo>conflag>cb.

Curse of doom > Immolate > Conflag > Chaos bolt > Incinerate > Life Tap {If need mana} > Corruption > Life Tap {For refreshing buff over 10 seconds and needing 0 of the mana} > Death coil

Conflag should be used on Every single CD Unless you are mid-cast. Using Conflag on a immolate cast is better then staggering it.

Edit: Also don't forget that CB+Conflag can double crit with the imp crit buff, It's fairly neglible, but it's something to keep in mind.