Palying the Auction House

Hi guys i have Been messing around with making gold on the AH.(not just selling what i farm but buying low priced items and selling for higher price).
    Im trying to be conservative about it as i am always low on gold(100-900). Now what i ant to know is what items do you think i should start dealing with. i have tried with low lvl gear with little success.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Palying the Auction House

Enchanting mats is usually easy to play, or so I've heard
    Everyone's insane but me...

Underpriced main glyph = rare loot from mob

Hmm... have you tried silk clothes? Im not sure about other servers economy currently but on my server i have reached nice profit just to buy all under 3g silk clothes and sell them higher.

Ofc other clothes might work, and theres low lvl green/rare items which might be kind of "twink" item is nice easy gold.

And:

Quote Originally Posted by The Painkiller
    Enchanting mats is usually easy to play
    /agree on that
    Bunny is on maintenance! Relax!

i like to play around with bright scarlet rubies. on my server, they sell quite well at the 45-50g price range. i'll buy anything under 38g and repost them at 50g. they sell in a matter of hours.

well.. You need to collect that kind of information by yourself so it will apply to your server. That is part of playing the AH.

Remember though the playing AH is much like investing... And you can't "Wall Street" with 120$ can you? You also can't play the AH with 120 gold. Make gold by other means for now and start playing the AH when you are on 2k-3k or something for the best results. I myself started playing AH somewhere in TBC when I was around 4k-5k gold but I think I could have done it earlier.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

I use my crafting professions for my moneys. I buy up cheap herbs/dusts/leathers/gems and make them into flasks/enchants/leg patches/profitable gems. Most of the time i can get up to 3x what i spent and its pretty much guarenteed to sell since they're need for raiding.

It's dosn't bring in the uber gold and you cant offload crap tons without dropping the price of the items but it does bring in a steady flow