Need some leveling warrior help.

Well i have been leveling a warrior and i finally got him to lvl 31.

I have mostly been doing bgs with him as that is very fun.

However i have reached a huge problem with my warrior and it comes in the form of the stances.

I have many abilities that require zerker stance to use.. and many that require battle stance and many that require defensive stance.

Now i have no problems with learning how to most effectively swap stances.. problem is i have no idea where to start.

So i figured i would ask for a warrior bg leveling guide of sorts.

Are there macros to make using difference stance abilites easier? what is a good bg leveling spec?

pretty much im asking any question a new warrior can ask about anything.

but my main question is in reguards to making the whole stance changing/ability using simpler...

Re: Need some leveling warrior help.

I've bound stances to F1, F2 and F3. Battle, Def and zergstance, respectively. I do not know what specc you will be leveling as, but I guess you should stick to battle stance the most unless you got a shield equipped. There you get hamstring and some spamable attacks. If ever you need to catch someone but is in combat, switch to berserkerstance and use intercept. If you need to disarm an opponent, swap to def stance and use disarm. That could be usefull as well if you equip your shield and onehander to fight a melee and spam revenge on his ass.

The most basic of basic would be this, summed up:

- Berserker stance for intercept
    - Defstance for shield wall and disarm / versus some hardass melee that is not a rogue (overpower vs rogues = win)
    - Battlestance as your deafult stance, being the most balanced of them.

You might want to start in berserker and pop recklessness, then go over to battlestance and charge and wtfpwn him with your bit crits.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

here's a charge / intercept macro to get you started:

#showtooltip [combat] Intercept; Charge
    /cast [stance:1/2,combat] Berserker Stance; [stance:3,combat] Intercept; [stance:2/3,nocombat] Battle Stance; [stance:1,nocombat] Charge
    /stopcasting

Note: semicolon delineates a line of the macro for the following explanation.

First line shows the tooltip for Intercept if you are in combat, charge if you are out of combat.
    Second line is a bit compicated to explain, so here goes. All it does is change you to zerker stance, but only if the following conditions are true: if you are in combat and if you are in stance 1 (battle) or stance 2 (defensive).
    Third line makes you intercept if you are in zerker stance and in combat.
    Fourth line sets you to battle stance if you are out of combat.
    Fifth line charges if you are in battle stance and out of combat.
    Last line clears the macro.

Hope this helps you with further macro needs. As a warrior, particularly for pvp, you should macro stance swaps with all the abilities that need particular stances. For pve, it is certainly less helpful, but still has situational utility.

For questing, mostly stay in battle stance. For dungeoning as dps, mostly stay in battle stance for Arms, Berserker stance for Fury. For dungeoning as tank, stay in defensive. For pvp, swap stances like it is going out of style according to the situation at hand unless you are prot.

I bound the stance switches to my mouse wheel. Up is battle stance, button press is Zerker, and down is defensive stance.
    The best way to make the most of the three different bars is to put the abilities that can be used in all stances on the same keybind. If an ability is useless in one stance and helpful in another, replace the useless ability (on that stance) with the ability that replaces it when you are in it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Veil
    I bound the stance switches to my mouse wheel. Up is battle stance, button press is Zerker, and down is defensive stance.
    The best way to make the most of the three different bars is to put the abilities that can be used in all stances on the same keybind. If an ability is useless in one stance and helpful in another, replace the useless ability (on that stance) with the ability that replaces it when you are in it.
    I prefer to simply macro the stance swaps in for those sorts of abilities. Like Hamstring, I'll keep the same Hamstring keybind on all of my action bars but it's actually a macro that puts me into the appropriate stance and then casts hamstring.

I have Z, X, and C as my stance swap keybinds. I would never sacrifice camera functionality by replacing my mouse wheel keybinds. I zoom in and out all the time.

Ok cool thanks for the tips guys. i think you answered my question with exactly what i wanted to hear.

So i can use a macro for example that will

take me from battle stance..
    put me in defensive stance..
    cast disarm..
    and then put me back into battle stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    Ok cool thanks for the tips guys. i think you answered my question with exactly what i wanted to hear.

So i can use a macro for example that will

take me from battle stance..
    put me in defensive stance..
    cast disarm..
    and then put me back into battle stance.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
    /cast Disarm
    /cast [stance:2] Battle Stance

Might want to try:

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
    /castsequence Disarm, Battle Stance

The second should only switch back to Battle Stance if Disarm was used successfully.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I found this kind of approach pretty good for stance dancing:

Shift+Mousewheel Up = Defensive stance, second click back to Battle Stance
    #showtooltip
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Battle Stance

Shift+Mousewheel Down = Berserker Stance, second click back to Battle Stance
    #showtooltip
    /cast Berserker Stance
    /cast Battle Stance

Also, the Disarm and Charge/Intercept macros are the ones I use aswell, and it's working like a charm.

PROTIP: Spec Prot for some funnies in lowbie BGs. I soloed 4 hordies at once (all melee though) in a matter of seconds. Just pop Shield Block and spam Thunder Clap and Revenge. With the Imp.Revenge talent revenge is a friggin' killing machine at those levels. I get crits as high as 800 on Mail when Crusader has procced. Highest was 950 on a Rogue. It hits 2 targets to boot!

#showtooltip Disarm
    /cast [stance:2] Disarm; [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance;
    /equipslot 16 Wrathful Gladiator's Slicer
    /equipslot 17 Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast Shield Wall

*For above macros: You have to press them all twice for them to use the ability you want in the stance as far as I know.

#showtooltip Pummel
    /cast [equipped:Shields, stance:1/2] Shield Bash; [noequipped:Shields, stance:1/2] Berserker Stance; [stance: 3] Pummel

If you have a shield out, it uses shield bash, if not you go to beserker and use pummel instead.