Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Coming back to WoW after a year, and needing help

so um, yeah, its been a year since i put the pally to rest, ive been deployed in afghanistan the whole time. last i played, i had just started the class out, and just hit 80. the account has been in control of the wife the whole time, and i never asked about it. well, im comin back, and i kinda need some help with a few things. mainly, i have no idea how to gear him out, what stats to build up, and honestly, its gonna be hard to figure out how to play him again. im lost to the rotations and all. my goal is to go ret, the wife had my pally as holy, with a very odd gear setup. if ya wanna check it out, Armory Peacemakers, Lethon server. any help would be good, because the pally class is still new to me. i used to rock a shammy, and decided on something new and harder. thanks for anything you guys can help with.

Re: Coming back to WoW after a year, and needing help

I think retri pala is a pretty easy class to dps with (got a protadin), the rotation is very simple (Maxdps.com)
    Just queue as a dps in random dungeon (pref with tank/heal) untill you have enough badges for a T9 piece, then queue again and again......
    If you still have some honor points, I would say buy some wrathful gear (cloak etc.)

Hey dude, welcome back to the game.

Ret is a good spec to play, I've played Ret since TBC, and it's only gotten better in WOTLK.

Your stat prio on gear is this;

Hit cap (263 rating), Expertise Cap ( 26expertise), Strength > Crit > Ap > Agil > Haste > Armor Pen.

Rotation;
    Judgement > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Consecration > Exorcism.
    With 2pt10
    Judgement > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Consecration > Exorcism.

Glyphs
    Glyph of Judgements
    Glyph of Consecration
    Glyph of Vengeance (if not expertise cap from gear) or Glyph of Exorcism (if capped via gear).
    Minor
    Glyph of Blessing of Might
    Glyph of Sense Undead
    Glyph of Lay of Hands

You can read alot more into this topic;
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/

ret pala is prob one of the easyest class/spec to play just keep up the cd's. gear yourself in heriocs by badges and then icc. and dont go for agil/armor penne though there not prio stats its nice to have but if you can get different do so. go for str, crit & ap (hit & expertise till cap if you dont have it)
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Cool next time I'll say LFM ICC25 Need 1 Rape Victim, 4 Rapists, and 3 Therapists.

Hehe thats a lot of rape

10+ Year Old Account

Paladin Retribution Guide

Read it, understand it, do it!
    And welcome back from Afghanistan 8)
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic

With 2pt10
    Judgement > Divine Storm > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Crusader Strike > Consecration > Exorcism.
    Fixed, rest applies though, with 4pc T10 CS goes above HoW.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

well, im not back yet, i have 4 months till i come home for good, im just trying to read up and get re-familiarized before i get back. that way i can hop in and not be as confused as i am now. i take leave in a month so ill see the damage the wife did. and thanks to everybody so far thats helped with info, much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strayed
    well, im not back yet, i have 4 months till i come home for good, im just trying to read up and get re-familiarized before i get back. that way i can hop in and not be as confused as i am now. i take leave in a month so ill see the damage the wife did. and thanks to everybody so far thats helped with info, much appreciated.
    Thanks for the soldiering. In regards to this, if you aren't coming back for 4 months I say wait until Cataclysm.

The reason is, everyone is at an okay gear level, it's hard to get groups without good gear, a lot of people are leaving over the summer and when Cataclysm comes it's going to be start afresh anyway with new skills, stats, gear etc etc.

So I'd wait I think.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brael
    Fixed, rest applies though, with 4pc T10 CS goes above HoW.
    Unfortunately that is also wrong, since HoW can't proc the DS reset, and at this gear level the damage of CS + Seal is often greater than HoW alone.

With 2pc T10 it should be:
    Judgement > Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Consecration > Exorcism.

And with 4pc T10, it should be either of the following:

Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Consecration > Exorcism.
    Judgement > Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Consecration > Exorcism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Unfortunately that is also wrong, since HoW can't proc the DS reset, and at this gear level the damage of CS + Seal is often greater than HoW alone.

With 2pc T10 it should be:

And with 4pc T10, it should be either of the following:

Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Hammer of Wrath (20%) > Consecration > Exorcism.
    I re-read through this topic, and had a quick look on Elitiestjerks and your right, i've not read up on paladin info in a while, that's due to me being on a break from Wow. :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The only thing that procs the DS reset are auto attacks.
    I think you're thinking about seals. HoW doesn't proc seal damage while CS does.

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    I think you're thinking about seals. HoW doesn't proc seal damage while CS does.
    Exactly why with 2pc T10 I put HoW above CS, with 4pc and the increased seal dmg CS goes above HoW..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brael
    Exactly why with 2pc T10 I put HoW above CS, with 4pc and the increased seal dmg CS goes above HoW..
    You probably could do that and not notice a huge DPS difference, or any at all considering HoW is only used for a portion of the fight. You could also prioritize it lower than your melee range abilities in case you find yourself running out of melee range and need something shiny to throw at the boss in the meantime.

I still don't know what Ronark is thinking with HoW regarding DS resets, lol.

Or the CS reseting it, anyways, not much difference in either rotation until 4pc T10 like you say..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    Bah you know what I mean :P

Anyhow, at this gear level, CS should be ahead of HoW regardless due to it procing RV, which has a high crit chance (since you should still be using the 2pc T9 if you dont have 4pc T10).

Bah you know what I mean :P

Anyhow, at this gear level, CS should be ahead of HoW regardless due to it procing RV, which has a high crit chance (since you should still be using the 2pc T9 if you dont have 4pc T10).
    damn ronark beat me to it and called out the righteous vengeance procc.

odds are at the last 20% in hard modes you wouldn't be finding much time to use HoW between juggling hand spells, sacred shield aura mastery and basically taking all the pressure off your healers when the boss starts to hit harder.

if your not back yet for 4 months, i suggest you follow closely what Ronark, Nillo, Prentice, Macabrily, I can tank it, Synthaxx, myself and god help me, Copain. Because these people are prolly gonna be the go to people for cataclysm rotations class mechanics discussions etc. Sorry if i missed your name really tired i just said the ones i saw recently.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

Aura Mastery is off the GCD

Aura Mastery is off the GCD
    switching aura's isn't 8)
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    switching aura's isn't 8)
    There isn't a need to switch auras in most fights, unless you are going to swap to Retlol Aura and back to your other one.