Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why are paladins considered faceroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranishka
    I am not, as seeing retris who have about the same gear as I do, do more than 1k less DPS than I do, they must be doing something wrong, and there's nothing else they can do wrong but use the wrong abilities.

And it's a lot different with the 2pc t10 bonus, it means that suddenly you can have a DS ready (which does large amounts of damage).
    Still take for instance a feral druid who many thinks are one of the harder ones to play opposed to a paladin.
    If you play a paladin with a perfect rotation and compare it to a guy who is facerolling his keyboard with a castrandom bind opposed to the same with a rotation using feral druid and a facerolling druid, you'll see the DPS loss between the two classes being very big.

Yes you will lose dps from facerolling, but would you lose as much as the other classes?

And you, sir, are retarded. GG casting Hand of freedom on Saurfang, nice DPS boost!
    hahaahahahaha the fail is strong in this thread. even a ret pally wouldn't add that to a dps macro, you mad brah?

Bsallv

Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Well, they are more like:
    1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3-2-3-3-3-3-3-2-3-3-3-3-4-2-3-3-3-3-3
    Where with paladins you could do
    1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 etc.
    practically just hitting the button when it is ready, there is no spammable ability as such, just a lot of short cooldowns that needs to be mashed.
    It would be 1-2-3-4 if the cooldowns were the same, which they aren't. In addition there are at least 6 you would use. It becomes significantly less like this when you get 2 and 4pc t10. Also, would you not say spamming 3 (as shown in your top example) is more faceroll?

And you, sir, are retarded. GG casting Hand of freedom on Saurfang, nice DPS boost!
    Oh yeah because when doing a castrandom macro I would put in skills I wouldnt need?
    Who's retarded, your points are, that's for sure.

Deleted

I agree with ya. You make a very good point about SoV management, hadn't thought of that retort.

I've played around with other classes and don't find other systems (eg. combo points, runes) any more tricky, I did handling rage at lower levels annoying however.

I think people claim that paladin is a 'faceroll' class because we have very little room for error. We can't, for example, pop a finishing move with insufficient combo points or throw that blood strike without putting diseases up, wasting a rune cooldown.
    But just because it is easy to be an average paladin does not mean everyone can be an awesome paladin.

We are a hybrid class, and as such we can bring more to the table than just our main spec. Using PvE Ret as an example, a pally could just sit there spamming attacks ignoring all other factors of a fight (often including fire), or we can keep an eye on the MTs health, see its going down fast, then bam! Pop bubble, Divine Sacrifice and you might have just saved the raid. If not, you can still stay alert and run after that healer at the back of the room for an impending wipe and hit him with Divine Intervention, potentially saving a raid group a lot of time and energy, and keeping up morale (most important factor in PvE imo)

It may be easy for a paladin to be a 'Jack of all trades' but just like any other class it requires skill and effort to become a true master! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by silentsyco
    The dps loss from a bad ret rotation isn't nearly as bad as any other class.
    Really? Then let me just tell you this. If I, for whatever reason, am not completely focused while playing, my dps variates for about 15%. I dont't talk bout doing other stuff while playing, but simply bout not being focused. I cant predict additionly DS in mortation then, wasted gcds, not stacking SoV fast enough, using consecration over judgement (as a crude example) quickly drops our dps by even higher percentages.

Now people, please dont pull your statements out of your ass, but post an example of certain class (as mentioned before, not the most obvius ones) and use it to show that it is truly all that harder than that of a retri...
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah
    Still take for instance a feral druid who many thinks are one of the harder ones to play opposed to a paladin.
    If you play a paladin with a perfect rotation and compare it to a guy who is facerolling his keyboard with a castrandom bind opposed to the same with a rotation using feral druid and a facerolling druid, you'll see the DPS loss between the two classes being very big.

Yes you will lose dps from facerolling, but would you lose as much as the other classes?
    You do know that Blizzard made castrandom unable to just spam every ability, right?

Deleted

paladins actually have a lot of leeway. it's easy to play a paladin, no matter what spec: ret is just smash the right buttons, prot is 96969 and holy... well, on most content, only 5 spells, HS, BoL, SS, HL, FoL. the saying goes that you can even play one while rolling (or smashing) your face against the keyboard.

of course, playing one is easy. playing one decently is not as easy. but the low skill requirement (for now) of paladins is the basis of why we are called faceroll.

the main concerns are:
    • no difference in rotation between single target and multitarget. GC has specifically said that rotations need to be different between single and AOE. rogues shift to FoK, DK's use pestilence and DnD, warrior use cleave, shamans use CL,... this will be addressed in cataclysm.
    • almost no buffs and debuffs to monitor. (apart from holy, but since those buffs last 1 minute, they are rather easy to keep up). the only true debuff we need to monitor is our SoV. this might change in cataclysm.
    • no major procs. the only major proc we have from talents is our AoW, and since that procs almost always, it's not needed to monitor it. 2PT10 adds some minor complexity, but it does not change much. GC has said they want to make ret rotation a bit more prone to failure, though.
    • no raid buffs or debuffs that require maintenance outside of what we do in our rotation. feral druids need to mangle, warriors need to sunder,...
    • no viable interrupt. this get fixed in cataclysm, though.
    so we have 5 points where we are considered faceroll. 4 of them will be fixed in cataclysm. i hope we can finally drop the stigma then.

I am not, as seeing retris who have about the same gear as I do, do more than 1k less DPS than I do, they must be doing something wrong, and there's nothing else they can do wrong but use the wrong abilities.

And it's a lot different with the 2pc t10 bonus, it means that suddenly you can have a DS ready (which does large amounts of damage).
    Is that the difference between 4k and 5k or between 13k and 14k?

Quote Originally Posted by Allv
    It would be 1-2-3-4 if the cooldowns were the same, which they aren't. In addition there are at least 6 you would use. It becomes significantly less like this when you get 2 and 4pc t10. Also, would you not say spamming 3 (as shown in your top example) is more faceroll?
    Well, you are misinterpretating. If you mash those 4 or 6 buttons you are bound to have the go of as they are ready more or less.

Yes, because you are spamming one button and actually keep an eye on ability 1 and 2 (in that example) as opposed to hammering all 6
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

I agree with the OP here and I usually get annoyed by people stating we are 'faceroll' as well. As said above the prio does matter for dps just as much as the prio for a Enhancement Shaman for example. Besides that we also have our Seal system and with that comes the decision of switching seals for fights or even mid-fight to try and get the most dps output. We can't just faceroll and hope for the right seal on the right fights/situations.

And correct me if I'm wrong but Arcane Mages only use 2 spells right? How can that be any harder than using a prio system with 5/6 spells.

I actually love the QQ from other classes saying ret is faceroll. It shows they are jealous and would like to be like me. Everyone saying "i would never play ret pala" lies.

Because you can literally set up your priority queue on your bars going 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 then run your fingers along that priority queue every GCD and hit the highest priority ability without any thinking required.. i.e you could roll your face over it every 1.5 seconds and everytime hit the highest priority attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben
    And how is warrior different? Whs is it harder to play a warrior? Becouse it's more macho?
    just show how much u know paladin is the only class that cast random still worked for after they removed it for warrrior
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Compared to an Affliction Warlock, your rotation IS faceroll. If you screw up your rotation by letting one DoT drop or by losing your rolling crit debuff and you loose shed loads of dps, also timing is of a lot more importance to an affi lock compared to a retadin. Bad timing can cause you to loose your entire set of dots or it means clipping them.

I also believe prot is incredibly easy to play, our guilds prot pala complains because it is that easy to play. And also I don't think holy is that difficult to play, with a 35k+ mana pool and 20k+ holy light crits, you cant go far wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    lol you're comparing a class that uses all their abilities on a omgtimetopushgogo to a class that uses all their abilities according to the situation.
    Really? Ok good, you've posted a statement, that's fine. Now please explain yourself. Becouse as I said, I have played a warrior, and I fail to see how their abilities are by any means situational?
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

the highest burst dmg of all hydrids in pvp if 'not' highest of all melee classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah
    /castrandom [size=10pt][size=10pt]INSERT PALADIN ABILITIES HERE[/size][/size]

Put that macro into all keybar slots.
    Bind every key on your keyboard to all available slots.

Commence the face rolling.

/win
    Learn to read, a paladin ability isn't the same as a damage-dealing paladin ability. Retards.

Okay.

If I would make a faceroll macro Id probably do something like this for my rogue.
    (excluding ranks #)

/castrandom mutilate, hunger for blood, envenom, cold blood, slice and dice, vanish

I am perfectly sure that I will lose about 3-4k DPS on that one, atleast.

Will you lose as much if you take your abilities into castrandom macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshorty
    Well, Is this coming from a PvE PoV or PvP PoV...

PvE I thought people have noticed retribution is barely keeping up in PvP by now

Deleted

Because there are people that need to have something to complain about to feel good about themselves

I believe that's what we call parasites