Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How will my PC handle WoW?

Actually im the guy with the 2,93ghz pentium 4
    80 Warrior | 80 Paladin | 80 Shaman | 80 Death Knight | 80 Mage | 72 Hunter
    TARREN MILL EU

Well now we have two different definitions of "runs great". I was going by the industry standard definition of runs great, which is 1920x1080(1200) @ 60 FPS (or 120 if the monitor is 120hz capable).

As far as upgrades are concerned, well, that depends on your budget. Personally if gaming is your only concern, why not future proof. More and more games are coming out these days taking advantage of quad cores. Also definitely look into a discrete graphics card. And that all depends on what type of games you play. If just WoW, stick with an ati 5770 or a nvidia 465. the 5770 will be cheaper. If you play some first person shooters or intensive games, youre probably looking at $300+ for a vid card alone. I know each of my 4 run $500/ea.

Quote Originally Posted by flame
    Well i don't play @ max resolution with 60FPS in Dragon Age.

"Runs Great" for me is with every detail on max, 1440x900 (my screen's native resolution) with 30FPS+.

What would you think should be best upgrade i could get?

Quad Core?
    Core 2 Duo with 3.2GHz +?
    better graphic card?

And i'm sorry i'm not a hardware expert, but what do you mean by "integrated graphics"? I tryed to search at google but found nothing
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    What resolution do you run? 1024x768? Anything much higher and I have to call bullshit.
    Running a 24" Dell at 1920x1080, and call it what you will. I know what kind of FPS I get, and the OPs setup is much better than mine, so I highly doubt someone with a better setup will get less than I do.

Edit: just noticed the OPs Win 7, I'm running XP 32 bit with 4Gb of ram

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane
    Running a 24" Dell at 1920x1080, and call it what you will. I know what kind of FPS I get, and the OPs setup is much better than mine, so I highly doubt someone with a better setup will get less than I do.

Edit: just noticed the OPs Win 7, I'm running XP 32 bit with 4Gb of ram
    Now I know you're full of shit. I don't get why people come in here and lie about their framerate. It does nothing but pass false information to people who are just looking for good numbers.

I'm sorry, but your sub-2GHz CPU will NEVER push 50+fps in a 25 man raid at 1920x1080. You don't have a magical computer.

Now I know you're full of shit. I don't get why people come in here and lie about their framerate. It does nothing but pass false information to people who are just looking for good numbers.

I'm sorry, but your sub-2GHz CPU will NEVER push 50+fps in a 25 man raid at 1920x1080. You don't have a magical computer.
    Maybe I do have a magical computer, maybe WoW's display is off, idk. But the game tells me 50-60 fps when raiding 25 ICC. I'm not saying you have to believe me (obviously you don't anyways), I'm just saying I know how to read numbers, and 50-60 FPS is definitely what I see.

Don't get mad at me because I have a computer worth $800 and you spent thousands on yours for the same results on a 5 year old game...

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I do have a magical computer, maybe WoW's display is off, idk. But the game tells me 50-60 fps when raiding 25 ICC. I'm not saying you have to believe me (obviously you don't anyways), I'm just saying I know how to read numbers, and 50-60 FPS is definitely what I see.

Don't get mad at me because I have a computer worth $800 and you spent thousands on yours for the same results on a 5 year old game...
    Are you pulling these numbers during combat? I'm guessing you're saying 50-60 fps in 25-man raids while everyone is standing around doing nothing. If so, that kind of defeats the purpose. Try checking your fps during combat.

Oh, and I spent around $950 for my system.

I could get 50-60 framerates too on computer like yours at 1680x1080 res... When standing face slammed to the wall. But when you're zoomed all out the framerate drops to 25, and when you pull boss and 25 people spam aoe spells, the framerate drops to 5.

Maximum is irrelevant, minimum is annoying but average framerate in combat is what makes the difference between playable or not.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Are you pulling these numbers during combat? I'm guessing you're saying 50-60 fps in 25-man raids while everyone is standing around doing nothing. If so, that kind of defeats the purpose. Try checking your fps during combat.

Oh, and I spent around $950 for my system.
    During combat, and raiding as an enhance shaman. Maybe the fact that my comp is used for nothing other than WoW and occasionally CoD/Battlefield? The only other software I have on it is Logitech's setpoint and the Nvidia control panel.

15+ Year Old Account

During combat, and raiding as an enhance shaman. Maybe the fact that my comp is used for nothing other than WoW and occasionally CoD/Battlefield? The only other software I have on it is Logitech's setpoint and the Nvidia control panel.
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it. Apparently neither is vesseblah. I don't believe any of the regulars in the forum would either. You are not getting 50-60 fps as a melee during combat in a 25-man raid, while running at 1920x1080. A sub-2GHz CPU simply can't handle that much information being thrown at it.

If you had said that you were getting 50-60 fps standing around waiting for something to happen, I'd have maybe given you the benefit of the doubt. In combat, I just can't.

I'll make this really easy. There is no possible way your computer at full settings in 25 man raiding, at 1920x1080 resolution is seeing 50-60fps. Not possible, do not bullshit. Even with shadows turned down real low, it isn't happening. My computer sits around 140 fps in raids, and yours isnt even a fraction of the performance that mine puts out.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe