Poll: From a PvP perspective, do you think that rets are underpowered/lacking something?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Retribution in PvP? Underpowered?

Just tried something now for laughs.. My retribution paladin using Seal of Righteousness and using the 4 dps abilities we have DS, CS, Judge and Exorcism. I did 29k dmg when all of the crit, this is in PvE gear using Bloodfall heroic. On a 1400 resi shaman the chance of all of the critting would be like 5% or something so those 4 abilities would perhaps do 15k dmg if you're lucky. That is not even close to what rogues or warriors pump out in 4 gcds.

Let's list the lulz:

-2 very long stuns
    -a 12 second immunity bubble
    -getting out of MIE's whenever u want
    -cure certain types of DoT's
    -20% faster on mounts
    -self heals
    -and the ability to put peanut butter on the top of a rabid dogs mount, lay him on the keyboard, and let him go at it, and that will be able to kill somebody
    -bubble other players
    -increased effect from BoM

sorry if i forgot something

the only thing paladins are missing is a big hit from the NERF HAMMER

but no, paladins are blizzard's little baby, and they will never be nerfed

they will always be that faceroll class that the kool-aid guy could kickass at
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy
    Let's list the lulz:
    -2 very long stuns
    -a 12 second immunity bubble
    -getting out of MIE's whenever u want
    -cure certain types of DoT's
    -20% faster on mounts
    -self heals
    -and the ability to put peanut butter on the top of a rabid dogs mount, lay him on the keyboard, and let him go at it, and that will be able to kill somebody
    -bubble other players
    -increased effect from BoM
    1 stun with a 1 minute CD, the other is an in combat sap with a 1 min CD!
    U can run and eat when we bubble, unless the pala is totally retarded and pops it at the starts
    Priests can do that too
    Has nothing to do with actual PvP
    No just no
    Welcome to "Defensive Support!"
    Increased Battle Shout.... herpderp
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

-1 Stun
    -a 3 second at most immunity bubble against ppl who can actually play
    -20% faster on mount really? how the fuck does that matter in pvp
    -self heals that can crit for 400 if you are lucky against ms
    -bubble other players so that they are immune to every class... no w8 only rogue and warrior 100%
    -increased effect from BoM which no other class has oh w8..

Okey here we go!

Let me first start with this: Are you still butthurt over the first patch of WotLK? Did you play before WotLK?

If the answers are yes and no, your opinion serves no purpose.

Imo rets arent that OP in PvP, easily kited, rely on their defenses (Not always), most healers have an advantage over them in 1v1, only Physical DPS without an MS effect along with DK (DK gets an "Anti-healing" spell so...)

If you want OP, go find yourself some Wrathful protret

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Widget
    the problem isent that paladins are insomeway underpowerd.. their dmg is INSANE (my 1400+resi shamans been killd alot of times by palas with less gear in ONE stun.. same as my 1300+ resi warlock)

did some arena with a ret to boost him to 1400 as lock-pala.. he always ended up doing more dmg then me eventho he's a clicker and a keyboard turner (worste case senario pvp'r)

the problem isent the class.. the problem is the players playin em =)
    I hope youre joking there.....

underpowered no, but we are indeed severely lacking the pressure vs heals/most caster classes most of which can lol as we sit on them doing everything we can.
    Retribution is, however, perfectly capable of reaching high ranks in arena if coupled with the right classes that bring their lacking utility but they don't seem near as dominant as many other classes

As a rogue I certainly don't fear ret pallies now as much as I did a couple months ago. Now they're just kinda like "meh, whatever".

no class steamrolls and leads charts more on average than pallys in BG's. theres always 1-2 geared ones completely dominating scoreboards in at least every other one i que. this thread is laughable...

and nobody can kill the raid boss healers these days. its just dumb sometimes, especially if theres 2+ of them. luckily they aren't as common as your average healer or bg's would be completely broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    no class steamrolls and leads charts more on average than pallys in BG's. theres always 1-2 geared ones completely dominating scoreboards in at least every other one i que. this thread is laughable...

and nobody can kill the raid boss healers these days. its just dumb sometimes, especially if theres 2+ of them. luckily they aren't as common as your average healer or bg's would be completely broken.
    Yeh cuz in BG, u fight against equal geared! Wait! We get Rated BG and we have arena! How stupid of me...

ret is fine. l2play.

Deleted

The problem with rets is that they scale degressively with resilience. The more stats you and your opponets have to spend on resilience, the less faceroll the retri paladin becomes. So when the usual facerolling, non-keybinding, leet (uber, fucking) skilled noob of a retardin gets to lvl 80, the person realizes how bad he/she actually is, and that the spec requires some sort of skill in arenas, so he/she will re-roll or change to a less demanding paladin spec.

Rets are in a terrible state, just watch the TR or even MLG, theres not a single ret in top 2000.

Its simply becuse evry other class can play with a DK that brings something and take the Paladin as Holy and hes 1000 more times usefull.

Paladins are in a terrible state but is fine BG's due to all the questing geared people, thats the only thing Ret's are good for, killing people without resi.

Oh also, less qq about bubble / Hof, its the only utility Ret has, dsac is terrible after the nerfs, same with hos.

From what I'm hearing Ret apparently has too much burst?

You're all fucking morons.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Rets aren't a one-man-army (anymore). Might want to get over it. It has so much utility and defensive tools and hits really hard. Gotta make compromises somewhere.

Ret isn't UP. Prot-Ret is OP. Difference.

10+ Year Old Account

The thing about people making radical claims that x class is underpowered or y class is overpowered are usually the ones who PvP in battlegrounds, running around by themselves trying to kill stragglers, who happen to have a friend close by come in and kill you in what would be an even fight. I know, because I always do this, and it makes you think that one class is really good, or really bad.

People who play WoW have to understand that, first of all, it is REALLY hard to balance 10 classes around PvE and PvP, and that balance is NOT based off of one vs one, or two vs. two, but THREE vs. THREE in arenas.

P.S: Healers are overpowered, nerf them!
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Paladins are a hybrid class. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The fact that paladins can do stuff like bubble and heal themselves, or Repent someone then heal themselves, or stun someone then heal themselves, c'mon.

Overall rets are fine.

Very good damage and utility make them quite good in BGs, and that's where those whining undergeared kids come from.

Lack of interrupt/MS/gapclosing makes them not a strong choice in arena, especially with holy paladins being such a solid healer, and protret paladins doing similar damage but with half cd on stun and a ranged snare/silence that does good damage too.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Rets are ... op in some terms, but its realy not all. when faced in 1v1 by a ranged dps, they gonna die in the long term, If they face a healer they cant burst it down. The only realy, OMG FACEROLL PWNZEEEER skill they got is divine shield. and as soon as its over, they arent anything to brag about. However, holy palas, SPECALY in 2v2 (vs 2 dpsers(i'm playing beast cleave atm)) is kinda op, you cant zerg the holy pala, since he will just divine shield, you cant zerg the dps, since the pala can out heal it, you cant split dmg, due to beacon (not bacon :>).. holy palas ftw!
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar