Trying to reinstall

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this kind of question but its really annoying me. I recently decided to start replaying wow with a friend after my AS levels after I quit due to some hard raiding addiction late last year. I've reinstalled it and can click the wow icon. However all that happens when I do so is it quickly brings up the launcher, says its going to start patching, then just stops and closes the application.

Is this because I haven't also installed TBC and WOTLK or is it some other problem. Thanks in advance guys.

If its the problem I just cited this can be fixed really easily I just kinda wanted to play 1-60 now without any of that hastle.

Re: Trying to reinstall

I believe you can't play without having wotlk and tbc installed (i'm not talking about account upgrade).

Don't have any kind of proof or w/e just a thought here. It's kinda hard to imagine logging in and not bieng able to see all the items before vanilla , let alone talents....
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I agree I just thought/hoped that those were a patch, not the actual installation.

Hi there,

100% you can play with original WOW only. This is the case with trial accounts. You should be having some other problems with your Pc. TBC is needed to go to Outland. If you do not want that you can play in the old world as long as you want and stay at level 60.

I'm pretty sure that if your account has TBC/WoTLK tied to it, you have to have those installed to be able to play.

You might be right here, but he didn't write that he has that kind of account.

10+ Year Old Account

You do not need either expansion to play. Something is messing with your downloader probably. Maybe an antivirus program or something. As long as you have the game and its patched you can play. You may have issues if your account is upgraded but your computer only has the basic game.

OH
    I remember back when I started playing, I didn't have BC and my sister did. She logged onto my computer to show me something and she got a message saying the computer didn't have it and something about the account. She was still able to log in though.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted

Try run as admin when right clicking the wow icon

Quote Originally Posted by surr3a1
    You might be right here, but he didn't write that he has that kind of account.
    Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor
    hard raiding addiction late last year
    I just assumed because of this