Hotbar creation tool request

Hi, I think I posted this in the wrong section (general) - didn't know we had a branch for this on the forums xP Anyways, what I'm looking for is a website/application/maybe even an add-on which will let me create test-hotbar setups for lvl 80 characters so that I can start standardizing my hotbars now (when I'm not 80 yet) so that I don't have to get used to a new setup when I ding.

I've made some very hard-to-work-with templates in MSPaint :| And I'm technically done with what I needed to do because of it, but it would be nice in the future if there was an easier way to do it xP! Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hotbar creation tool request

I don't know any tool like that but creating a single template button in photoshop, maybe even cut out from a screenshot would probably have been a lot easier. One button is enough to chain it into different action bar setups via copy/paste.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

This is what I made with MSPaint. The issue with it was that I had to print-screen the icon's for every warrior-related non-passive skill, then resize them and copy them into their spots... Took hours to do. I have a bad case of OCD when it comes to this stuff :| So everything on those bars is prioritized in the locations where my eyes look the most, to the capacity which my brain can remember key combo's for skills I'd rather not look at on the hotbars (like the buffs/shouts and my B5 ((mouse click)) button for charge).

If there was a tool that would do this stuff for me, it would have been A LOT simpler than what I was doing D:

15+ Year Old Account

You know, activating a few more bars with a bar addon and putting all your skills on them, then printing your screen one time and separate the buttons with photoshop would've done that a lot faster as well :P

Afaik there just is no tool like that. We had another question the other day that was about a tool that would basically sandbox a UI so you could set it up and export the config files for the various addons. The quick answer which I believe to be true in this case as well was: No one has done it yet.

Well, I'm only lvl 30 right now. I don't have all the skills I need to setup my hotbars yet. The goal was to have my keybinds stay the same from 30-80 so when I got all my new skills as I lvl, I didn't need to relocate them because I'd know where I wanted to put them.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    Well, I'm only lvl 30 right now. I don't have all the skills I need to setup my hotbars yet. The goal was to have my keybinds stay the same from 30-80 so when I got all my new skills as I lvl, I didn't need to relocate them because I'd know where I wanted to put them.
    make macros.
    #showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /cast Bloodthirst

ect, for each. Shove em on your bars and they'll be usable when you get the skills

15+ Year Old Account

May I ask what keys you're using to move? WASD?

If so, some of your keybinds are imho already very inefficiently placed. Sunder/Devastate on F6? :/ I have quit long finger but I can't even stretch one to F6 even if I put them on 1-4 (assuming I won't move during the fight). You will want to spam that button.

Well, it's your toon, just my 2 cents :>

Unfortunately your problem can't be helped, sorry.

I really think you're just overthinking this. Just use the skills you have, add new skills as you get them, and move stuff around. The playstyle difference from 30 to end-game at 80 is so different that you will probably find the necessity to switch around a lot of stuff.

Just play with what you've got. Stop thinking so far ahead.