How did you get pvp titles

I didn't play during vanilla but i know people were able titles like private/grunt and those things, how did you get them like did you have to get a certain amount of honor or kills or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Re: How did you get pvp titles

From pvping.
    Google works too

They were awarded for how well you did versus other people on your realm and IIRC it was based purely on Honor Kills per week but it may have been a bit more to it than that. Getting to Sergeant was a good way to get a discount on mounts too

Edit - just remebered, getting Dishonourable Kills detracted from your rank too, I know someone that barely missed out on Grand Marshal cos his raid group killed some civilian NPCs.

you got it by farming days and days and days and even more days.
    Afking in BGs was worth a title back in the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbelprik
    you got it by farming days and days and days and even more days.
    Afking in BGs was worth a title back in the days...
    Yeah pretty much that, though originally you had to have an active role in killing something to register it as an HK, they changed that to be if you fart near something that dies you get an HK, that's when the leeching started, bad times...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

inb4

"back in the day, you actually had to work for your pvp titles"

I have a few of the titles, but nothing too high up.

Basicly you just did BGs back then. One killer BG and you would have rank3 maybe i dont really recall.

IIRC one BG got you the first rank no matter how bad you were.

Back in the day people weren't 1/10th as good at pvp as they are now. (the game wasnt balanced around it either remember) I know myself never paid any attention to it other then when friends were like "come do this with us" and some how i ended up having like rank6 or 7 on my main...i really dont even remember what pvp was like, this is really the only indication of me doing it....

On 2nd though i was involved with a 12hr AV once that might have gotten me up there. Standing on the bridge and all you see is HKs spam your screen cause everyone is like water on rocks.
    money's such a good medium of exchange until you lose focus on the fact that it's a medium of exchange in favor of thinking of it as an end in itself?