Thread: Broken Classes

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Broken Classes

Well basically, i think paladins are a broken class in pvp, being a hybrid class we werent meant for Pure all out dps, we're meant to self heal and do damage, but at the moment im finding paladins to be a joke, i was just in an arathi basin, we won, but in that whole match, i did 302k damage and had 0, yes 0 killing blows, 6 deaths and 6 honor kills, pvp for me now just isnt worth it, its full of disc priests and healer druids who just standing there taking everything you put at them and surviving, my gears full furious / relentless at the moment, 900-1k resi and it just dosent do shit.

blizzard seriously need to nerf healing, it takes 3 or 4 good geared players to down 1 disc priest, infact, in that battleground there was 2 disc priests standing at the stables just healing each other, it took me, an arms warr, a shaman and a mage to down just one of them, and by the time he was down, theyd ressed at the stables and came back.

paladins have 2 stuns, one breaks on damage and the other is trinketed out of instantly, we need more abilities which do damage, i mean it takes a good 5 of my spells to break a disc priests bubble.
    i generally dont complain about pvp, but its beyond a joke for me now, im sick of bashing buttons, proccing everything, using all my cooldowns and for nothing.

does anyone agree or is it just me?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Broken Classes

wow never heard this before.....
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

As a shaman, Purge has become my best friend in BG's now. Especially lately with everybody going hot/shield crazy. I focus purge a tree or disc priest and that guy dies moments later. I end up doing very little damage and getting very few Killing Blows, but HK's get racked up when my teammates are at least semi-conscious during the battle.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

PALADIN......BROKEN?

Right im gona call trolling or a realy bad player.

I think broken is the wrong term, but Paladins don't have a full toolset to deal with healers. If you're a Blood Elf, you have a silence on a two minute cooldown that lasts two seconds and your stuff which lasts a minute before talents and six seconds effect. You do have competence, but that doesn't work on Resto Druids, so I'm not quite counting that. (This is all working from the Ret perspective, because by rights, Ret should be the pvp strong tree as a non healer, instead of prot.)

So yes, Retribution Paladins are pretty weak against dedicated healers. Blizzard has said they'll be getting an interrupt in Cataclysm, which is nice. And with all of the Mortal Wounds debuffs doing the same, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Paladin get those too. And Resto Druids will be tree-form-less which means they will be repentance-able.

So perhaps things will get better.

10+ Year Old Account

the people who generally call me a troll DONT play a paladin and get butthurt when theyre mentioned, people seem to remember that one time paladins were OP, the following patch we became the same, as classes have gotten better over the expansion, paladins have gotten worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470
    the people who generally call me a troll DONT play a paladin and get butthurt when theyre mentioned, people seem to remember that one time paladins were OP, the following patch we became the same, as classes have gotten better over the expansion, paladins have gotten worse.
    Agreed paladins need love in arena as ret, but warriors have gotten progressively worse as well. When it comes to duels, pally's own warriors...i mean own. Regarding healers, yes they definitely need to be nerfed!

Paladins broken? What is this, i don't even...

10+ Year Old Account

ill specify, RET PALADINS BROKEN, yes, holy and protholy are op.

protholy?
    season 6 called, it wants its op spec back.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    protholy?
    season 6 called, it wants its op spec back.
    He just mentioned he wasn't talking about Protholy.

Ontopic: Yep, Ret is lacking a reliable interrupt. Funny though, the biggest reason Rets became underpowered was the resi change, and now suddenly they really seem to need an interrupt. : Same story for Ferals, they need a reliable interrupt atm aswell.

You are in furious gear QQ'ing because you can't kill a healer who is more than likely in at least relentless/wrathful with 1150+ res. Sounds like a troll to me. Keep this shit on the pally forums with all the other QQ.

I feel like I've heard this argument before...

Also, like Merlin said, your 900 resil is useless against a 1200 resil disc priest.

Get 1h and shield spec prot/ret in full pvp and dps gear and solo healers with ease.

10+ Year Old Account

Well basically, i think paladins are a broken class in pvp, being a hybrid class we werent meant for Pure all out dps, we're meant to self heal and do damage, but at the moment im finding paladins to be a joke, i was just in an arathi basin, we won, but in that whole match, i did 302k damage and had 0, yes 0 killing blows, 6 deaths and 6 honor kills, pvp for me now just isnt worth it, its full of disc priests and healer druids who just standing there taking everything you put at them and surviving, my gears full furious / relentless at the moment, 900-1k resi and it just dosent do shit.

blizzard seriously need to nerf healing, it takes 3 or 4 good geared players to down 1 disc priest, infact, in that battleground there was 2 disc priests standing at the stables just healing each other, it took me, an arms warr, a shaman and a mage to down just one of them, and by the time he was down, theyd ressed at the stables and came back.

paladins have 2 stuns, one breaks on damage and the other is trinketed out of instantly, we need more abilities which do damage, i mean it takes a good 5 of my spells to break a disc priests bubble.
    i generally dont complain about pvp, but its beyond a joke for me now, im sick of bashing buttons, proccing everything, using all my cooldowns and for nothing.

does anyone agree or is it just me?
    Reroll. dissagree to an extent. were not "broken" I do perfectly well in bgs. I dont even look at healers unless I got some backup. At the very least I walk away with 600k-1mil damage and 20+ Killing blows.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

boomkin

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    PALADIN......BROKEN?

Right im gona call trolling or a realy bad player.
    I tend to agree with the OP bud, Rets in general aren't getting their A-Game anymore. No matter who you are. I've seen alot of Ret/Holy Arena players drop off the tables.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

10+ Year Old Account

Id have Full Relentless / Wrathfull by now, but my arena teams went down under lately, my cousin 2v2 and 3's stopped playing and its quite hard to find team mates who want to do 2's and 3's with a ret paladin

Edit : scotsman, i joined the battle at about 700 each, hence the low 302k damage, i too usually do alot more if theres no healers around =]

Edit 2 : thetaurenrogue, you mean like http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0xA...fdxfzxb:RLjc0z ?
    what would i gear / gem for as this spec?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Edit : scotsman, i joined the battle at about 700 each, hence the low 302k damage, i too usually do alot more if theres no healers around =]
    Why would you do more damage without a healer around? If anything, having a healer around boosts your damage because you can beat on something without it dieing. As far as killing blows go for the situation you stated, it doesn't matter, some classes can snipe kb fairly easily while others cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account

because if there getting healed, im getting hit by the people that theyre healing, therefore dont last 2 seconds with something like a warr lolstorming me =]