Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I feel a little under geared for ICC, any tips what I can change

Upgrading your weapon will be your hugest upgrade, battered hilt weapon isn't bad if RNG isn't favoring you with drops.
    This.
    Make upgrading your weapon the top priority.

The 2p10 bonus is very good on AoE threat as well.

Your aware that your nick means "Voyeur" in german mate?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm coming in on this discussion after you've apparently replaced defense gems (good idea - bears don't need defense for uncrit and it's only 1/2 as useful for bears as any other tank past the uncrit phase since we don't get block or parry from it, only dodge and miss).

You definitely have the gear for ICC10, at least the lower part.... but I have to say I'm surprised that you didn't go for t10 right off the bat - and the idol's probably the last thing to upgrade as the 226 idol was really quite good.

A weapon upgrade would definitely help some (the battered hilt mace is very good for threat, having good dps (feral p), lots of agi and lots of expertise).

The only thing I can suggest for threat though is to make sure that you're mauling pretty much all the time. Bears have essentially infinite rage; it's rare (outside of the pull) to have an encounter when your rage bar isn't at least 1/2 full all the time.

Because of the mega rage, it's useful to macro in maul into all of your offensive abilities, and have a modifier to opt-out of the maul.

I use the following macro for mangle:

#showtooltip
    /cast Mangle (Bear)()
    /cast [btn:1,nomodifier] !Maul

What it does:
    • Always mangles
    • if you use the left-click mouse for it, you get a maul (if you click)
    • if you don't use a modifier (alt control or shift) you get a maul queued (keybind)

I have Lacerate, Swipe and Feral Faerie Fire all macro'd this way.
    As you can see the macro works for button-click as well as keybind play.
    Left-click for mangle+maul (typical), right-click for mangle-only (maybe on a pull);
    Use keybind without a control for mangle+maul, or use keybind with ctrl or shift or alt for only mangle.

Note the use of the "!" in the "!Maul" - '/cast Maul' will toggle your q'd maul on and off, the "!" makes it stick on.

If you set yourself up like this you'll practically never have a white hit; pretty close to all of your normal melee attacks will be replaced with maul, without ever having to use maul deliberately (I don't have maul on my action bars anywhere - no point).

TL;DR - macro maul into the 4 offensive attacks.

ps - if you have a war tank, similar macros with Heroic Strike and Cleave; DK tank, Rune Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    Why not listen to me? If hes was using the correct rotation/priority system he wouldn't be opening this thread.
    Probably because you don't know what you're talking about. Whenever someone says, "lol kthnx, dps can't pull off good tanks, yoos a baddie" they are either crappy dps who play with good tanks/healer who have never tanked in their life.

Why are you not doing any 25 man content? I mean you can EASILY pug the 1st wing. That is 8 extra badges a week. Plus you have yet to do Toravan on 25 or 10. That is another 4 badges plus 251/264 gear chance that you are passing up every week. Are you doing the daily random?

I mean if you don't get hardly anytime to play that is fine, but you are basically throwing out frost badges by not doing this stuff that doesn't take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmen
    To be honest your pretty geared to start tanking ICC 10 just replace agi sockets with pure stam sockets and also spam mangle and swipe etc for argoo ask DPS to wait 5 seconds for you ro build argoo if it is still a problem
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

aggro be gained from hunters and rogues easly and that is normaly more then enough. gear seems more then fine. gear doesnt matter now anyway with the 20% buff even if its helps.

rogues and hunter should use MD/TotT every time cd falls off and that is more then enough in a 10 man atleast

Unless you overgear the DPS, they will be on your ass. Some specs are really just threat happy, and if you are doing everything you can (maul'ing all the time, using FF roughly on CD). Maul may do more threat than FF, but Maul doesn't consume a GCD so there's no reason not to use FF off CD if you're having threat issues. It'll certainly generate more threat than a Mangle or extra Lacerate, assuming you aren't letting the mangle or lacerate debuffs drop because of it.

If you are doing everything you can and still losing threat, I'd consider gemming ARP. It hasn't been mentioned because generally speaking tanks don't gem for threat, but with the ICC buff at 20% we don't often need to gem straight stam anymore to hit 50-60k HP, especially bears. And really how much HP do we need? Specifically how much do you need, until you start tanking hard modes 60k+ HP is enough. I mean that's about how much you need to eat a soul reaper without using a CD to avoid getting one shot when it hits you alongside a melee attack.

I wouldn't bother regemming my agi/stam gems for straight stam gems unless you're really starving for HP (doubt it). Not only does the 20% buff give us 20% more hp, but keep it mind it makes healers 20% more effective too. You'll very rarely run into a raid wipe cause you didn't have enough HP, you're more likely to run into a wipe because a few overzealous DPS thought they could push their threat more.