Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Spellpower and Haste do not clash on items. Haste is a secondary stat in budget and SP is primary. The secondary stats are Spirit, Crit, Haste and MP5. So... yeah, sorry, but no. MY 'rant' had nothing to do with the value of haste as compared to SP. Leave that debate to Holy Priest who use gems for haste, which is the only place where SP and Haste clash.

I'm not sure if it's worth debating this or not since you don't seem to understand what's being discussed at all. PoH is primarily used on aura fights where it will never waste HoTs. In those cases your shield actually 'wastes' just as much of those HoTs.

And no one was talking about LK 25H. Yes, keep spamming shields on 22 people non-stop during phases with Infests. Just don't try to apply that same logic to other fights. Infest is a unique ability that happens to be countered mechanically by absorbs. If that mechanic was not present then Discipline would be atrocious for that fight because other classes can deal with AOE spike damage much better than Discipline can. See regular 10 for the prime example of that. Discipline takes much longer to deal with the damage than the other classes. The advantage is only due to them being purposefully spaced to allow a Disc Priest to shield four parties. When the debuff becomes a non-issue like it in in 10N Discipline becomes useless because a single PoH could take the place of 5 PW:S. And so on. Yes, LK25H is a special niche fight that favors Disc. Get over it. There are 11 other fights in ICC and only a few of them are actually decent for spamming shields, while Discipline is only competitive when they have a fight where shields can be spammed freely...

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    No. It should be given to Discipline first actually. Not because it's best for them, but because there are much better options for the other healers. Archus, Distant Land and Dying Light are all better for Druid/Priest, so is Scepter. Scepter is also dramatically better for Paladin/Shaman as they really do need the haste, while Disc doesn't. Trauma is only useful for most classes on aura fights, while it's useful to Disc on every fight. So if you hand out Trauma to everyone else, they'll still want a second weapon for general use. That or they're dumb and don't know what they're doing... in which cause they shouldn't be given ICC weapons anyway.
    Your saying that trauma is better for disc's then resto druids, what? You high? Your also saying theres about four other weapons which are better then trauma for druids, again, what? Trauma is by far the best weapon ingame (except for legendary) for resto druid's, considering it has double the PPM of any other class on trauma and can do 6-15% of their healing depending on the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not saying it will get more use in a Disc's hands, but that Disc doesn't have a lot of alternatives while Resto Druids do.

Trauma is great for Resto Druids on exactly 4 fights in ICC. Same goes for Shaman and Holy Priests. If there is not a damage aura involved, you should not be using Trauma unless you are a Disc Priest in which case it just doesn't matter. It also does not have nearly double the procs of other classes for Druids. They do get slightly more procs than Holy Priests, but only around 1 extra proc per fight. That is unless you're using the Rapid Rejuv glyph, but your overall healing would be higher without it. It's not PPM based, it's percentage based. So the PPM is decided entirely by the spells cast per minute. Wild Growth is the only spell that gives an advantage over Holy Priests which accounts for less than 20% of proc chances. Hardly double.

Still, the problem is the situational use. Trauma's position as 2nd in slot doesn't change depending on the fight for Discipline. For Druid/Priest/Shaman it goes from 2nd to sixth, or worse depending on the fight. Not sure why I'm explaining that when I already mentioned it in what you quoted...

sorry it appeared as a topic about what weapon would be good for ICC 25, we de trauma weekly so I figured the same would be for him.

and yes. priest spamming POH on three target heal is about to overheal five members everytime.

and my bans own you for the rest of this post -- Kelesti.
    <deleted text>
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-06-13 at 01:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyPriest10 View Post
    Hi I just wanted to get some advice from you guys

I have always been in 10 man guild, and so the loot available to me has been limited to what is available in 10 mans or what is puggable in 25s.

I am now in a 25 man guild however, and I would really love to get a new weapon and offhand. I was thinking the offhand from princes, but for the weapon I am not sure what to go for. Obviously the LK weapons are nice, but I am pretty sure I wont be able to get one of those for a little while due to the looting system etc lol.

I know there's the Bonespike off Marrowgar, but I was wondering whether or not they fixed Trauma to proc off the PW: S glyph or not? I couldn't find any info on this.

Thankyou
    IMHO if you have to choose Trauma or Bonespike for disc, go for Bonespike all the day. The proc of the Trauma as disc priest is not worth.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collection View Post
    IMHO if you have to choose Trauma or Bonespike for disc, go for Bonespike all the day. The proc of the Trauma as disc priest is not worth.
    Cheers
    Are you serious? How does 59 Crit and Spirit possibly translate into 1%+ total healing?

Your opinion is not based in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnap View Post
    and yes. priest spamming POH on three target heal is about to overheal five members everytime.
    2 = 5. Now, I know 2 + 2 = 5, but I was unaware that 2 = 5 as well. So if 2 + 2 = 5 then 2 * 2 is also equal to 5, but 2 = 5 as well so 2 * 2 = 2 and 5. Hmm. And I thought 1 was the only number that's square was itself. Interesting!

But yeah, a PoH hitting 3 people is only a 40% overheal and only if the other two are at completely full health. If it's something like 75% overhealing on those two people, then the overall overheal would only be 30%. If they can take 50% of the heal then it's only 20% overhealing. Oh, but wah, you might make HoTs overheal! Yeah, you know, for one tick before a some damage brings them back down... That is if they don't take damage between PoH and their HoT tick, which more often then not they will.

and my shields own you.
    <snip>
    Ahw, how cute. Did you forget the two prime rules?
    1. Always keep your posts vague when trolling. If you ever make direct attacks it exposes you as a troll and ends the lulz. The lulz must be kept rolling through clever insinuation, lest the obvious-alarm sounds.
    2. Never resort to personal insults if you're trying to contribute to discussion, or prove a point. By resorting to personal insults it exposes you as either immature, wrong, or a troll.

Not to mention many forum mods will ban you, suspend you, or delete your posts for breaking forum rules. Cute though. You were really on a roll before that slip-up, I almost thought you weren't a troll. Almost.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-06-13 at 01:08 AM.

Id go with bonespike if you can't get heroic lockjaw or heroic midnight sun (if you have heroic 10s open of course). My alt disc priest (femmefatale - Lightninghoof) has her eye on heroic lockjaw. The red gem socket + runed cardinal ruby put it over frozen bonespike by 28sp, and haste instead of crit is yummy

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    [list]
    But of course, I’m a Holy Priest, I have no idea how to play the spec or anything. I’ve obviously no clue what I’m talking about…
    I'm glad to hear you finally say that. I've seen you talk many times on these forums as if you know discipline well enough to be telling anyone that your right when you clearly do not know how to maximize the spec at all. You may be a good holy priest, I really don't know, but your ideas on disc are just not good.
    {broken signature}

Quote Originally Posted by TiduZ View Post
    I'm glad to hear you finally say that. I've seen you talk many times on these forums as if you know discipline well enough to be telling anyone that your right when you clearly do not know how to maximize the spec at all. You may be a good holy priest, I really don't know, but your ideas on disc are just not good.

This thread went from discussing possible decent disc weapons for ICC 25 to bashing other people about personal opinions and crap. On a side note tiduz kelesti is being sarcastic. Secondly you all have to take into fact that there are 6 or 7 other healers in the raid just purely bubbling to prevent damage might be worth it in some situations but when massive damage is going around you need to step in and heal. (Bubble only goes so far)

On a side note if your 2 healing sindragosa one as disc and one as holy pally or another tank healer just shielding wont do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by TiduZ View Post
    Wow, you decide to read the post up to the point that Kelesti says /sarcasm, talk about being narrowminded. You obviously do not get what she(or is it he?) is saying. It does not matter if the 'heal'(read absorb mechanic) comes before or after(read actual healing) the damage in a world where mana is of no concern is OH just means how active you are. If the damage is not fatal, you're just 'healing' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Be serious, here. Tell me how I’m wrong, and not just because “I’m top, this is what top does, and you’d know if you played Disc”.
    I've issued the challenge twice now, this being the third. The only response you've given is jumping on a sarcastic remark.

If you can't, then don't bother posting.

I see them trollin'... they hatin'...

Okay, yeah, fail. Like no one would see you edited a "/sarcasm" not just from the post, but directly following the part you quoted? Shame.

Zito brings up an interesting point, though for a different reason than I would... A lot of healers like to forget how many other healers are in the group in general. It doesn't just apply to Discipline. If you look around and see 6-7 other healers, just stop worrying about throughput. Seriously, I'm not even joking. If you see that it means you have 7-8 healers including yourself. Just stay active and do whatever you want with your gear, spell selection, etc. It just doesn't matter at that point. Look around sometime and see how many healers you're using for fights sometime and then reconsider how much you should care about min-maxing. With 5 healers on most fights in ICC you can already expect 40%+ overhealing. If you have 6 you can expect heavy overhealing even on the hard to heal fights. If you have more than 6 it will just keep going up.

As for the actual topic prior to derailment... Trauma is second in slot as Discipline and Scepter is a very minor upgrade. Trauma should be your goal at least until everyone else has their Scepter, which will probably be a good while.

Well guys!

What was a seemingly simple question has certainly started some drama lol.

I have in fact been lucky enough to pick up both H Lockjaw and Trauma this week and I intend to keep both

Thanks to everyone, I know gear and stat choice is a very personal thing in some cases, and the Priest is a class which can be effectively played in many ways - which I am sure is one of the things we all like about it.

So thanks again,

Good luck continuing ICC and of course RS
    Last edited by HolyPriest10; 2010-06-13 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Are you serious? How does 59 Crit and Spirit possibly translate into 1%+ total healing?

Your opinion is not based in fact.
    simply because for disc is not even a 1% healing. looking at the wol data from my disc mate, the range is 0.3 to 1.0, in most of the fights is not even 0.8
    %.

i looked at every combat in ICC25hm, and the only combat where he got more than 1% is Blood Queen (1,1%), the rest is less than 0.80%.

as said before IMHO is not worth it.

Yeah, the 1% figure will pop up on aura fights. It will be lower on others. You're asking the wrong question though. On those fights the ~1% extra healing actually makes Trauma better than Scepter. Spirit and crit simply will not add enough healing as Discipline to notice. Even gaining 10% crit isn't really something you'll actually see making an impact.

1.285% crit. That's what Bonespike adds. Let's say you have 35% crit, shield for 10k, glyph hits for 2k. That makes your average shields absorb + healing equal out to 12,665. 35% crit is only increasing your average heal + absorb by 665. 35% increasing healing by 5.5%. Okay, so what would adding 1.285% do? Well that increases you up to 12,707. That means that 1% crit is increasing your healing by 12 average. That difference is approaching what you would call infinitesimal. It's such a small number that it completely disappears. If you spammed PW:S 300 times in a row it would give you 3,600 extra healing. That means you're going from 3,804,750 to 3,808,350. An increase of .00097% healing.

Unless you're going OOM very often. Not just low mana, but so low that you can't cast spells... then the spirit isn't worthwhile and won't increase your healing. Meanwhile the crit increases healing by so little that you can not measure it. There is too much variation in fights to ever actually claim that you noticed the difference of 1% crit as Discipline. When using PW:S heavily you're talking about needing to cast over a hundred thousand spells for a solid pattern to emerge and show that there is an impact.

You want to talk about how little Trauma contributes? Check how little crit contributes sometimes. It's a joke of a stat.

This kind of fits on both discussions going on , I'm using the wrathful 277 weapon for the raw spellpower and haste on it. so far I haven't seen it on none of the lists that people made for best weapons , is this just because its about weapons obtained in ICC ( or did i completely screw up passing the lk mace a few times now)

and on the whole shield spamming issue , i play disc myself and i must say shield spamming does work out in the end. Of course not in all fights , but fights like festergut/BQL where you know your target will always take damage isn't it better to shield them . I mean there seems little point in waiting till someone is low to shield them since you could have stopped the damage that took them low by shielding them before. (not trying to annoy people here , just seeing if i can improve my play in any way)

Deleted
    Frozen Bonespike HC and Blood Council Offhand HC is the way to go if you don't have access to LK 25 HC Mace
    non hc, same thing :P